PDA

View Full Version : 2016 NFL Draft order

justasportsfan
01-04-2016, 11:39 AM
2016 NFL Draft order

For the 2016 2nd overall pick, the browns have traded their pick to the Buffalo bills for 3 first round picks :comedy: <---Whaley

19. Buffalo Bills
2015 record: 8-8 (.508)
Top need: Right tackle
Other needs: Linebacker, safety, defensive tackle
Senior prospects at positional needs: OT: Vadal Alexander (LSU), Taylor Decker (Ohio State), Spencer Drango (Baylor); LB: Jordan Jenkins (Georgia), Reggie Ragland (Alabama), Terrance Smith (Florida State); Safety: Deon Bush (Miami), Jeremy Cash (Duke), Kevin Byard (Middle Tennessee State); DT: Sheldon Day (Notre Dame), Jarran Reed (Alabama), Adolphus Washington (Ohio State).
Analysis: It wasn't that long ago that the Bills selected both Seantrel Henderson and Cyrus Kouandjio in the same draft to compete for the right tackle spot. Unfortunately, it is looking like neither guy will end up becoming the starter of the future, and the Bills just might agree with that sentiment. The Bills need an upgrade in talent at most of the linebacker positions and a safety who can handle himself in coverage. It is also looking like time to add depth all along the defensive line.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000551301/article/2016-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-for-every-team

Mr. Pink
01-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Shaq Lawson or Robert Nkemdiche is a guy I'd expect the Bills draft.

Nkemdiche likely won't be available at 19 though.

MillsapsBillsFan
01-04-2016, 12:00 PM
Depends on if they sign Glenn or not, but I wouldn't be shocked to see OT or D-Line in the first

swiper
01-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Analysis: It wasn't that long ago that the Bills selected both Seantrel Henderson and Cyrus Kouandjio in the same draft to compete for the right tackle spot. Unfortunately, it is looking like neither guy will end up becoming the starter of the future, and the Bills just might agree with that sentiment.

At least Whaley is a good GM for picking linebackers. Now can we get a GM for the OL selections?

Ed
01-04-2016, 12:11 PM
I expect Glenn and Incognito to be re-signed. I don't see them taking a RT in the 1st, but somewhere in rounds 2-4 to compete with Henderson. I think they'll go defense round 1, DL or LB.

mysticsoto
01-05-2016, 08:08 AM
I'm surprise to see this mock draft mention that we need safety. Rambo was pretty good before he got hurt. Graham is ok as a backup - it should not be a top priority for us.

Right now I'd say, unless TJ Barnes is the NT they want for us for next year, we need a top DT that can fill that nose tackle point spot with presumably Dareus and Kyle to become the DEs in Rex's 3-4. Mario will likely be gone.

As for OT, yeah, maybe. Henderson struggled a little, but I have hopes he'll get better. I didn't think Kujo did such a bad job in the last few games. On the other hand, Wood hasn't been the same since he got hurt a few years back and he will be 30 next season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a promising Center drafted...more likely in the 2nd round though.

justasportsfan
01-05-2016, 08:23 AM
I'm surprise to see this mock draft mention that we need safety. Rambo was pretty good before he got hurt. Graham is ok as a backup - it should not be a top priority for us.

Right now I'd say, unless TJ Barnes is the NT they want for us for next year, we need a top DT that can fill that nose tackle point spot with presumably Dareus and Kyle to become the DEs in Rex's 3-4. Mario will likely be gone.

As for OT, yeah, maybe. Henderson struggled a little, but I have hopes he'll get better. I didn't think Kujo did such a bad job in the last few games. On the other hand, Wood hasn't been the same since he got hurt a few years back and he will be 30 next season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a promising Center drafted...more likely in the 2nd round though.

Maybe we can move Wood to RG and draft a center ?

mysticsoto
01-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Maybe we can move Wood to RG and draft a center ?

IDK...Miller was pretty good for his 1st year...but, competition is good. Whichever ends up as backup will be orders of magnitude better than Urbik.

SpikedLemonade
01-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Depends on if they sign Glenn or not, but I wouldn't be shocked to see OT or D-Line in the first

Can you imagine what our OL will look like if we don't sign Glenn? What if we don't sign Incognito?

This "we can find good OL late in the draft" Bills philosophy is complete and utter nonsense.

Hasn't the past 16 years proved that Bills management can't outsmart other NFL teams?

The 3 OL we drafted 2 years ago were all crap and it is too early to know what we have in Miller. Miller did not play "pretty good" this year.

X-Era
01-05-2016, 12:40 PM

As for OT, yeah, maybe. Henderson struggled a little, but I have hopes he'll get better. I didn't think Kujo did such a bad job in the last few games. On the other hand, Wood hasn't been the same since he got hurt a few years back and he will be 30 next season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a promising Center drafted...more likely in the 2nd round though.I'd be fine with:

Nkemdiche, DeForest Buckner, A'Shawn Robinson, Laquan Treadwell, Myles Jack, Leonard Floyd, Shaq Lawson, Michael Thomas, or Austin Johnson.

MillsapsBillsFan
01-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Can you imagine what our OL will look like if we don't sign Glenn? What if we don't sign Incognito?

This "we can find good OL late in the draft" Bills philosophy is complete and utter nonsense.

Hasn't the past 16 years proved that Bills management can't outsmart other NFL teams?

The 3 OL we drafted 2 years ago were all crap and it is too early to know what we have in Miller. Miller did not play "pretty good" this year.

Woah now, I wasn't saying we shouldn't re-sign them. I think that they should be a priority (especially incognito). I do think they should pick an O-Lineman early (I played O-Line in college, trust me I know the value of a good line). All I was saying is that theres a chance they don't get re-signed, and while O-Line is a priority if they don't come back than it becomes an even bigger priority.

mysticsoto
01-06-2016, 07:16 AM
I'd be fine with:

Nkemdiche, DeForest Buckner, A'Shawn Robinson, Laquan Treadwell, Myles Jack, Leonard Floyd, Shaq Lawson, Michael Thomas, or Austin Johnson.

Assuming we re-sign Glenn and Incognito...and probably Manny Lawson. McKelvin I waiver on. He's done stupid things, but at the same time, I feel he is a good slot corner. It's when injury forces him to move up that we see his limitations. But he seems to want to stay here and won't cost alot - he's probably worth keeping. Darby & Butler can duke it out for the #2 position.

I think Mario will probably be gone, which will free up money for the signings mentioned above and extending Tyrod - which to me, is a more important priority. We haven't had a good QB like Tyrod in a long time - regardless of whether others think he's a franchise QB or not, he's better than anything we've had in decades!!! Lock him up and then get that defense to function like it did in the last game against the Jets!

If we don't like Barnes as our future NT, the DT is likely the 1st rounder. Otherwise, it's probably an OLB...maybe a WR to complement Watkins and open up the passing game more.

Yasgur's Farm
01-06-2016, 08:01 AM
Looks like 1 of the following will be a Bill in 2016...
Reggie Ragland ILB
Emmanuel Ogbah DE
Robert Nkemdiche DT
Darron Lee OLB
Jarran Reed DT
Taylor Decker OT
Jaylon Smith OLB
Jonathan Allen DE
Leonard Floyd OLB
Jack Conklin OT

Don't be surprised with... But hope they slip to us in 2nd round...
Connor Cook QB
Carson Wentz QB

swiper
01-06-2016, 08:06 AM
Bills are not the only team in need of a QB. Almost every year teams will take a leap and overdraft a QB. Even though a Cook may be graded a round #2, don't be surprised if he and Goff go in the first half of round one.

http://profootballwarroom.com/

http://www.profootballwarroom.com/qb.htm

MillsapsBillsFan
01-06-2016, 08:08 AM
Roberto Aguayo (Kicker from FSU) just declared. We should pick him up, instantly solves our kicking problem. No idea what round he would go in though (obviously not the first couple)

MillsapsBillsFan
01-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Bills are not the only team in need of a QB. Almost every year teams will take a leap and overdraft a QB. Even though a Cook may be graded a round #2, don't be surprised if he and Goff go in the first half of round one.

http://profootballwarroom.com/

Agreed, I think that at least Lynch Goff and Cook go round one. Teams overdraft QB's all the time