PDA

View Full Version : Fraank Reich out as OC in San Diego

Night Train
01-04-2016, 01:38 PM
Coach should be next. They will probably be moving north to L.A. and need a ticket base.

Reich will be a good QB coach for someone.

Mr. Pink
01-04-2016, 01:56 PM
I heard that McCoy is safe for 2016.

They had a poor record this year and someone had to take the fall for it, Reich took it.

I can see him getting another OC job somewhere this offseason.

YardRat
01-04-2016, 02:33 PM
Reich is probably the one guy out there that has the appropriate amount of ego to handle a situation where he is the head coach and the coordinators aren't necessarily his hand-picked minions. Get him and Schwartz on the phone, now. Or, we could just keep Wrecks and his clown car and continue on the path to dismantling the talent currently on the roster and the downward trend in W-L record that he has already established. Wrecks will be gone in two years anyway, let's jump the curve and get a head start on the next regime right now.

Night Train
01-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Reich is probably the one guy out there that has the appropriate amount of ego to handle a situation where he is the head coach and the coordinators aren't necessarily his hand-picked minions. Get him and Schwartz on the phone, now. Or, we could just keep Wrecks and his clown car and continue on the path to dismantling the talent currently on the roster and the downward trend in W-L record that he has already established. Wrecks will be gone in two years anyway, let's jump the curve and get a head start on the next regime right now.

Oh brother..

Victor7
01-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Surprised that they are keeping McCoy over there. There is no excuse for finishing 4-12 with Phillip Rivers on your roster. I know he's not as good as he used to but he's still a franchise guy.

Sorry for Frank. Hope he catches on elsewhere.

Crisis
01-04-2016, 03:34 PM
Surprised that they are keeping McCoy over there. There is no excuse for finishing 4-12 with Phillip Rivers on your roster. I know he's not as good as he used to but he's still a franchise guy.

Have you seen the rest of their roster/injuries?

By the end of the year that roster was literally Phillip Rivers and a bunch of garbage.

Victor7
01-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Have you seen the rest of their roster/injuries?

By the end of the year that roster was literally Phillip Rivers and a bunch of garbage.

I know the roster isn't that great. But 4-12 ?

Mace
01-04-2016, 04:52 PM

It's not going to happen, but I wish.

Not only the ego, supposedly among Reich's strongpoints are ability to manage, delegate and organize from what I remember when they wrote him up while we were looking for an HC. He won't be without a job for long, I'd even love to see him here to replace the terrible (imo) Wildcat David Lee, though I think Reich is more of a pocket passer guy which we won't have.

stuckincincy
01-04-2016, 06:54 PM
During a PGH-SD contest this year, the announcers said it's been 29 years since SD drafted an OL in the 1st round. Then followed that up by saying since 2009, 29 different players have started on their OL.

That makes for a tough job for any OC with that outfit. Says a lot about Rivers, too.

HHURRICANE
01-05-2016, 05:27 AM
Sorry but 4-12 with Pillip Rivers is pretty bad.

I'll keep Roman if that's our choice.

Dr. Lecter
01-05-2016, 06:22 AM

What "downward trend" in W-L record?

You do know what a trend is, right?

Last year they were 9-7 with one game practically GIVEN to them (they weren't beating NE in NE if NE didn't play scrubs)

This year they were 8-8.

That's not a downward trend in any sense of the word.

Criticize Rex for he dumb things he did. But don't make things up.

Mahdi
01-05-2016, 06:25 AM

No proven pass rusher and all of Rivers WRs went on IR.

Victor7
01-05-2016, 08:44 AM
During a PGH-SD contest this year, the announcers said it's been 29 years since SD drafted an OL in the 1st round. Then followed that up by saying since 2009, 29 different players have started on their OL.

That makes for a tough job for any OC with that outfit. Says a lot about Rivers, too.

Wow !

29 years ! .... that's insane. Rivers has never missed a game in his life. That is a true testament to how tough that mofo is.

justasportsfan
01-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Their D however is ranked 20th. (14th pass 27 rush)

Chargers are ranked 9 in total O and 4th in passing.Where they were horrible at was their run game 31st. Their ofeense has been decimated by injuries especially on the OL.

I don't know if Reich was just a scape goat but I don't know how McCoy can easily turn things around in 1 season with a new offensive staff.

justasportsfan
01-05-2016, 09:14 AM
Joe D Alesandris was let go but I am kinda ok with Kromer

Victor7
01-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Their D however is ranked 20th. (14th pass 27 rush)

Chargers are ranked 9 in total O and 4th in passing.Where they were horrible at was their run game 31st. Their ofeense has been decimated by injuries especially on the OL.

I don't know if Reich was just a scape goat but I don't know how McCoy can easily turn things around in 1 season with a new offensive staff.

I read that plenty of coaches from McCoy's staff got fired but he survived. Kinda makes you wonder if he fired them all to save his own skin

YardRat
01-05-2016, 04:08 PM
What "downward trend" in W-L record?

You do know what a trend is, right?

Last year they were 9-7 with one game practically GIVEN to them (they weren't beating NE in NE if NE didn't play scrubs)

This year they were 8-8.

That's not a downward trend in any sense of the word.

Criticize Rex for he dumb things he did. But don't make things up.

Check out his annual W-L record with the Jets, I didn't make that up. That's a trend. His first year here is evidence that apparently the trend may continue.

Owen DeBoard
01-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Check out his annual W-L record with the Jets, I didn't make that up. That's a trend. His first year here is evidence that apparently the trend may continue.

If I recall correctly Rexs Jets were the last AFC East team to go to not 1 but 2 AFC Championship games besides the Pats WHILE Belicheat and Brady were both there. Don't give me the BS that he took over a Mangini team because if that's the case he just took over a Marone team then too and last I checked this team didn't make it to the playoffs last year either.

Dr. Lecter
01-05-2016, 08:26 PM

So your claim is that he was the sole reason that the Jets record decline?

And no - his first year here is not evidence of that.

swiper
01-06-2016, 03:26 AM
If I recall correctly Rexs Jets were the last AFC East team to go to not 1 but 2 AFC Championship games besides the Pats WHILE Belicheat and Brady were both there. Don't give me the BS that he took over a Mangini team because if that's the case he just took over a Marone team then too and last I checked this team didn't make it to the playoffs last year either.

Right. He took over a Mangini team and took it straight from the AFC Championship to 4-12. Great accomplishment. Then he came to Buffalo and took Marrone's team that OBD made better by adding Incognito, Darby, Karlos Williams, Clay and Tyrod Taylor and made THAT worse. You can argue that there was no drop off, but that is a losing argument. Just not true.

pmoon6
01-06-2016, 02:42 PM

Sorry for Frank. Hope he catches on elsewhere.Funny that they hung in their with the Number 1 seed in the AFC with a bunch of back-ups on offense.

pmoon6
01-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Right. He took over a Mangini team and took it straight from the AFC Championship to 4-12. Great accomplishment. Then he came to Buffalo and took Marrone's team that OBD made better by adding Incognito, Darby, Karlos Williams, Clay and Tyrod Taylor and made THAT worse. You can argue that there was no drop off, but that is a losing argument. Just not true.I don't know if you can say "worse". Last years record would have been 8-8 if New England had something to play for.

Defensively is where we got worse, Offensively we got better. I'm still scratching my head on how could regress that badly, especially with QB pressure.

swiper
01-06-2016, 02:50 PM
I don't know if you can say "worse". Last years record would have been 8-8 if New England had something to play for.

Defensively is where we got worse, Offensively we got better. I'm still scratching my head on how could regress that badly, especially with QB pressure.

Well it sounds like the Pegulas are upset about it too. I hope so.

Mr. Pink
01-06-2016, 02:51 PM
It's pretty simple how the D got worse in QB pressure.

The scheme. Hard to pressure the QB as well as before when you're dropping Hughes, Dareus or Williams into coverage.

YardRat
01-06-2016, 02:56 PM
So your claim is that he was the sole reason that the Jets record decline?

Nobody is ever the sole reason for a decline...even Wrecks has his clown car of assistants to help shoulder the blame for completely ****ing last season's #4 defense in the entire league.

And no - his first year here is not evidence of that.

Eh, we'll see. A downward spiral in NY...from 9-7 to 8-8 in Buffalo. If next season is 7 wins or less, the trend is entrenched.

Mike13
01-06-2016, 05:55 PM
What? No Third Reich jokes? I am dissapointed.