PDA

View Full Version : Whaley signed some players yesterday

Night Train
01-05-2016, 06:06 AM
The Bills inked cornerback Mario Butler, running back Mike Gillislee, wide receiver Greg Salas and punter Colton Schmidt to undisclosed contract extensions Monday, while also signing seven players to futures contracts.
All four re-signed showed the team enough to warrant a look into 2016, excelling through a rocky December.
The cornerback Butler had a game-saving pass break-up in Buffalo’s 22-17 win over the Jets, dinging wide receiver Kenbrell Thompkins just enough to break up a potential 77-yard touchdown with 17 seconds left.
Gillislee, of course, was the December sensation with 267 yards on 47 carries (5.7 avg.) and three touchdowns.
Schmidt set a franchise record with a net average of 41.3 yards per punt.
Salas, signed on Dec. 22, was the team’s second-leading receiver on Sunday with three receptions for 41 yards.
Signing futures deals with the Bills were tight end Blake Annen, safety Jonathan Dowling, tight end Jacob Maxwell, center Ronald Patrick, defensive end Cedric Reed, guard Cyril Richardson and safety Philip Thomas.

Novacane
01-05-2016, 06:12 AM
The only name there that really matters is Colton Schmidt.

feldspar
01-05-2016, 06:33 AM
Whaley is pretty good at finding filler players to round out the roster. Even during the season. Gotta give him that.

T-Long
01-05-2016, 06:38 AM
How is Mike Gillislee not a name that is important?

gebobs
01-05-2016, 07:42 AM

He's running back depth of the kind that are a dime a dozen. He had a few good games. Don't expect him to continue that pace.

Victor7
01-05-2016, 08:20 AM
We saw little from Salas but he was pretty decent that one game.

Butler and Gilleslie are solid depth that is always needed

Colton is phenomenal punter.

Novacane
01-05-2016, 08:56 AM

He was worth signing. Guys like him are a dime a dozen though. Depending on who they sign/draft I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even make team next year.

justasportsfan
01-05-2016, 09:22 AM
He was worth signing. Guys like him are a dime a dozen though. Depending on who they sign/draft I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even make team next year.

Rb's are a dime a dozen but he fits Romans system. Boobie is likely gone next year.

mysticsoto
01-05-2016, 09:31 AM
I think all the signings were good. Gillislee performed well and Salas surprised me and played well against the Jets that have a pretty good secondary. I initially thought Salas was like 5'10" - not sure why, he just didn't look tall, but he's actually listed at 6'2" and was a good target for Tyrod. Percy Harvin seems injury prone and Robert Woods getting hurt this yr, I thought hurt us quite a bit.

Woodman
01-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Very good work Doug!!

swiper
01-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Very good work Doug!!

Now the Bills can fire him.

starrymessenger
01-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Well nothing against Salas but I'm sort of hoping the Bills will find a way through FA or the draft to significantly upgrade their WR corps. IMO guys like Hogan and Salas are interchangeable talent wise and not the answer. The great Olympian needs to go too.
Upgrading the passing game is essential to the development of this offence. A lot of that is on Taylor, but he deserves more and better support.

Mr. Pink
01-05-2016, 06:28 PM

Cuz he's a 4th string RB, a position that is not needed on any NFL franchise.

28 yards on 24 carries when he got a chance to get real reps.

Garbage.

Salas and Butler are equally garbage and nothing more than camp bodies on a healthy team.

BillsImpossible
01-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Cuz he's a 4th string RB, a position that is not needed on any NFL franchise.

28 yards on 24 carries when he got a chance to get real reps.

Garbage.

Salas and Butler are equally garbage and nothing more than camp bodies on a healthy team.

Those garbage guys helped defeat them guys from Jersey.

mysticsoto
01-06-2016, 06:46 AM
Those garbage guys helped defeat them guys from Jersey.

Yeah, them guys from Jersey that defeated the Pats...let's not overlook that fact!!! They didn't lay down on a game they needed to make the playoffs. We KNOCKED them down and out with a bunch of players like Salas and Gillislee that unbelievably, some people aren't considering important to keep. They're not even expensive...