PDA

View Full Version : End of season rankings ...

LVGrown
01-05-2016, 08:44 PM
They have the Bills at 13, were we the best team not to make the playoffs?

Thoughts?

Mr. Miyagi
01-05-2016, 09:52 PM
I'd say the Jets but we beat them twice. Talent wise I think we might just be.

Forward_Lateral
01-06-2016, 05:49 AM
Easily. If you go back and look, the bills should've have 3-4 more wins. Games lost due to coaching stupidity, players stupidity and horrible QB play.

Night Train
01-06-2016, 07:20 AM
Easily. If you go back and look, the bills should've have 3-4 more wins. Games lost due to coaching stupidity, players stupidity and horrible QB play.

Thank God injuries had nothing to do with it.

swiper
01-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Every team has injuries.

Pinkerton Security
01-06-2016, 10:28 AM
YES, and thats the most frustrating part...we have so much talent, and our offense took that step forward we needed this year - our defense was the big let down. How the heck does a top 5 defense from 2014 turn into a bottom 5 defense a year later?? Blame definitely has to land on Rex, but our D coordinator has to handle some blame as well.

Question on that point: who calls our defensive plays? I assume Rex but do not know for sure.

Mr. Miyagi
01-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Thank God injuries had nothing to do with it.
EJ Manuel single-handedly lost 2 games for us.

gebobs
01-06-2016, 11:04 AM
They have the Bills at 13, were we the best team not to make the playoffs?

Thoughts?

Maybe not but they are probably on par or better than two teams that made it.

Though I live in Atlanta, I only passingly follow the Falcons. They started 5-0 including a sweep of the entire NFC East. The NFC East sucks so that may explain part of that run, but it's something the Bills couldn't do this year.

But then they went on an inexplicable 1-7 run, losing to the Bucs twice, the Colts, and the Niners. They were 1-5 in their division, the sole win being against Carolina. Over a period of ten weeks (including a bye), the only games they won were squeakers against the Titans and the Jags.

For my money, the Falcons are the best team outside looking in but they had plenty of warts too. I don't think there are any of the idle teams are worthy of being there. Nor are the Skins or the Texans.

elroy16
01-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Every team has injuries.

Yeah... no ****.

That doesn't mean it doesn't affect how a team does. Notice the drop off in how well the patriots have done without Lewis, Edelman, Gronk, or Amendola? That's a team with a HOF coach and QB. As of now, the Bills don't have either of those, so yes, injuries hurt the Bills a lot this year. They also don't have the elite players that can make up for injuries as well as other teams.

I think A. Williams injury hurt the most (Outside of Tyrod). He did a lot in terms of getting guys in position and making calls on defense. Hopefully he can come back.

swiper
01-06-2016, 11:18 AM
And yet the Patriots seem to find a way to get into the play-offs, even getting a week off as the 2-seed. So what's your point?

elroy16
01-06-2016, 11:23 AM
And yet the Patriots seem to find a way to get into the play-offs, even getting a week off as the 2-seed. So what's your point?

My point is posting "all teams have injuries" brings nothing to the conversation.

swiper
01-06-2016, 11:25 AM
My point is posting "all teams have injuries" brings nothing to the conversation.

It sure does. The poster I was responding to was using it as an excuse for the Bills record falling to what it was. The fact is that their injuries were no worse than anyone else's. Therefore that excuse is a flat failure. Try to follow.

elroy16
01-06-2016, 11:30 AM
It sure does. The poster I was responding to was using it as an excuse for the Bills record falling to what it was. The fact is that their injuries were no worse than anyone else's. Therefore that excuse is a flat failure. Try to follow.

So every team's injuries led to the exact same amount of drop off in team performance?

Right...

swiper
01-06-2016, 11:36 AM
The Bills injuries weren't any worse than anyone else's. So that poster is wrong to use it as an excuse for the Bills level of suckage.

In fact, it has been well documented that the Patriots had one of the most injured teams this season and they still made it to second seed.

Mr. Miyagi
01-06-2016, 11:49 AM
We need to bring back the :negrep: function.

elroy16
01-06-2016, 11:50 AM
The Bills injuries weren't any worse than anyone else's. So that poster is wrong to use it as an excuse for the Bills level of suckage.

In fact, it has been well documented that the Patriots had one of the most injured teams this season and they still made it to second seed.

The patriots also have a HOF QB and HOF HC, the two positions that can overcome injuries more than any other. Like I said, the Bills don't have those pieces right now. Even still, if Tyrod had played against the Jags, they might have won that game and been in a better playoff spot.

I get it, saying injuries derailed a season seems like a bit of a cop out, but you can't deny that it's also true. I've had Pats fans tell me they'd have won the Super Bowl in 2013 if Gronk had been healthy. It's obvious their play has declined since they lost a bunch of their offensive weapons. So yes, all teams have injuries, but no, the level in which they affect teams is not the same.

Bill Cody
01-06-2016, 01:09 PM
The patriots also have a HOF QB and HOF HC, the two positions that can overcome injuries more than any other. Like I said, the Bills don't have those pieces right now. Even still, if Tyrod had played against the Jags, they might have won that game and been in a better playoff spot.

I get it, saying injuries derailed a season seems like a bit of a cop out, but you can't deny that it's also true. I've had Pats fans tell me they'd have won the Super Bowl in 2013 if Gronk had been healthy. It's obvious their play has declined since they lost a bunch of their offensive weapons. So yes, all teams have injuries, but no, the level in which they affect teams is not the same.

The defense did not go from great to below average because of injuries. That decline was all on Rex.

Mr. Pink
01-06-2016, 01:20 PM
The Colts are just as good...if not better than the Bills. They lost their starting QB for the majority of the season and also went 8-8. Ya know, since everyone loves blaming injuries.

And who is "they" exactly?

Pinkerton Security
01-06-2016, 01:37 PM
The Colts are just as good...if not better than the Bills. They lost their starting QB for the majority of the season and also went 8-8. Ya know, since everyone loves blaming injuries.

And we beat them, with their starting QB...remember?

Mr. Pink
01-06-2016, 01:42 PM
And we beat them, with their starting QB...remember?

Ok, then the Jags are better than the Bills. Giants? Better than the Bills. Redskins? Better than the Bills. Eagles? Better than the Bills. If you only go by head to head matters.

Sorry, the Jets were a better overall team than the Bills as evidenced by 10-6 vs 8-8 even if the Bills beat them twice.

gebobs
01-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Sorry, the Jets were a better overall team than the Bills as evidenced by 10-6 vs 8-8 even if the Bills beat them twice.

I love splitting hairs. Let me try, k?

Head to head...Bills firm
v. rest of AFCE...edge Jets 3-1 to 2-2
v. NFCE...Jets firm, 3-1 to 1-3
v. other common opponents...tie, both 3-1, they lost to the Texans and we lost to the Jags.

Other opponents, basically the difference between 4th and 2nd place schedules...
Jets: Raiders (loss), Browns (win)
Bills: Chiefs (loss) and the Bengals (loss)

In sum, it's too close to call. Pick 'em.

gebobs
01-06-2016, 02:16 PM
You know..."they". They do all kinds of stuff. Now they are doing rankings. Nice of they isn't it?