PDA

View Full Version : Bobby April fired..

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-07-2016, 04:59 AM
Would love to get rid of our current buffoon at special teams and replace with Bobby. Maybe wrecks will get it done?

YardRat
01-07-2016, 05:05 AM
Wonder if his kid will give him a good reference?

Kinda makes sense if the move is made, Crossman is one of the few holdovers that Wrecks didn't bring with him.

MillsapsBillsFan
01-07-2016, 07:38 AM
If only one coordinator gets fired this year it should be Crossman. Our special teams have been atrocious recently. Wouldn't mind having April back

more cowbell
01-07-2016, 09:12 AM
Sweet. While were at it lets bring back Moorman and Ryan Denney.

F Bobby April...find someone different, and new.

Victor7
01-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Get him back here ASAP

Fire Crossman even if we don't get April back.

Mr. Miyagi
01-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Sweet. While were at it lets bring back Moorman and Ryan Denney.

F Bobby April...find someone different, and new.
If we release Mario Williams, can we see if Aaron Schobel will come out of his retirement? What about Bruuuuuuce??

elltrain22
01-07-2016, 09:31 AM
anyone other than Crossman is cool with me, but Bobby April would be sweet.

justasportsfan
01-07-2016, 10:02 AM
why do we want Bobby April and Crossman to go when our ST was ranked better than NYJ?
Our ST wasn't special but it wasn't horrible. Maybe we bring him in to have him work with his son (linebackers) was worse this year that it was last year? Maybe we should fire the son too.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

justasportsfan
01-07-2016, 10:04 AM
If only one coordinator gets fired this year it should be Crossman. Our special teams have been atrocious recently. Wouldn't mind having April back

Ah no. Our DC. Our D has been having communication problems all year. They can't even get the call in on time.

YardRat
01-07-2016, 10:05 AM
There's a reason his last couple of seasons here the ST's were called 'April's Fools'.

MillsapsBillsFan
01-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Ah no. Our DC. Our D has been having communication problems all year. They can't even get the call in on time.

I blame the D partially on the DC, and I do think we should replace him but I put equal if not more blame on Rex than I do Thurman. Rex has a big part in those play calls and that's more the issue IMO. However the Special Teams are all on the coordinator to me. The stats may not say they were awful, but the eye sure does. It doesn't have to be April I just want someone different. That's more the point.

sukie
01-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Stop with the retreads. Will April have exactly the same player's on ST that he had when last he was here? Is there an instance when a retread succeeded after getting let go years earlier? (Other than trader Jack m. Florida Marlins and maybe Billy Martin)

Mace
01-07-2016, 04:21 PM
I don't really care too much. I'm still annoyed they made Fewell interim when they fired Jauron, would have rather seen April have a go. Fewell was more rah-rah like Jauron, April was a hardass. I thought they needed a hardass after those years of coddling.

His time might be past though, they changed ST rules, no wedges since his heyday and he hasn't done quite so good since.

I don't think a change in ST coach is going to make much difference though unless you're just trying to tweak the performance on a team that needs more than a tad of tweaking.

YardRat
01-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Good point on the wedge rule.

That deserves a cookie....

http://www.keepitsweetdesserts.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/OatmealCookieWedges3_thumb.jpg

swiper
01-07-2016, 04:30 PM
Why does April keep getting fired?

Victor7
01-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Stop with the retreads. Will April have exactly the same player's on ST that he had when last he was here? Is there an instance when a retread succeeded after getting let go years earlier? (Other than trader Jack m. Florida Marlins and maybe Billy Martin)

Normally I'm ok with not bringing back retreads but this guy was money for us. No reason not to bring him back. Not having the same players is not an issue for good coaches. That's like saying don't hire Cowher because he's not gonna have the same roster he had in Pittsburgh.

Besides April was let go because Jauron was fired and the entire coaching staff followed at the end of the season because Nix became the new GM and he cleaned house to start from zero. It didn't really have anything to do with performance.

swiper
01-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Again, why does he keep getting fired?

No thank you.

Mace
01-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Why does April keep getting fired?

He's a hardass and the special teams rules he flourished with, changed.

swiper
01-07-2016, 04:43 PM
He's a hardass and the special teams rules he flourished with, changed.

No. He's just not a very good coach. Move along.

Mace
01-07-2016, 04:45 PM
No. He's just not a very good coach. Move along.

Well yeah, but I told you why like you asked.

Lucidvizion
01-07-2016, 05:13 PM
He looked good here because he had Brian Moorman in his prime as well as a pro bowl KR/PR in Terrance McGee.

Oh yeah... and a coach that let him use starters on special teams.

sukie
01-08-2016, 08:07 AM
Normally I'm ok with not bringing back retreads but this guy was money for us. No reason not to bring him back. Not having the same players is not an issue for good coaches. That's like saying don't hire Cowher because he's not gonna have the same roster he had in Pittsburgh.

Besides April was let go because Jauron was fired and the entire coaching staff followed at the end of the season because Nix became the new GM and he cleaned house to start from zero. It didn't really have anything to do with performance.

*cough* Jimmy Johnson *cough* Dolphins

Victor7
01-08-2016, 10:12 AM
*cough* Jimmy Johnson *cough* Dolphins

Really ?

A Dolphins example ? You should know better.

sukie
01-08-2016, 10:17 AM
Really ?

A Dolphins example ? You should know better.

April was successful in Buffalo due to his players and the wedge... No wedge and he gets fired... you really want him back? Time for someone new to step up and become an invaluable ST coach.

justasportsfan
01-10-2016, 12:13 PM
I blame the D partially on the DC, and I do think we should replace him but I put equal if not more blame on Rex than I do Thurman. Rex has a big part in those play calls and that's more the issue IMO. However the Special Teams are all on the coordinator to me. The stats may not say they were awful, but the eye sure does. It doesn't have to be April I just want someone different. That's more the point.
While our st unit might have taken half a step back, they don't have an all pro line up. They don't have hundreds of millions locked up in contracts in that unit.

The team has several millions locked up in the D in which others claimed to have one of the best talent ( DLespecially ) in the league ,take more than several steps back, then that's on the coach. I know we can't fire Rex but if there has to be one, it's the weakest link.

mdcas22
01-10-2016, 12:30 PM
April looked great in Buffalo because of the use of starters, I remember ,, a lot of teams don't like to use starters because of injury. Remember London Fletcher leading the charge on Aprils special team unit?