• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Bengals steelers lessons for bills

After a year of way too many penalties for the bills, I hope they see how crushing those dumb mistakes can be. I hope they see how they are close to the bengals in terms of lack of discipline and while we lost games this year because of it, no one came out looking like burfict. And jerry Hughes easily could have.

As as for the game itself, if that was the bills losing like that, I would be inconsolable for weeks.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Bengals steelers lessons for bills

Lesson #1: make the ****ing playoffs first
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• pmoon6
      Legendary Zoner
      • Dec 2002

Burfict was leading with his shoulder and Brown ducked his head. How do you prevent that? Burfict was trying to dislodge the ball.

Then Porter, who had no business being out there in the first place, started talking ****. Was Pac-Man wrong, well I guess so because the officials said so.

The Stealers confirmed their nickname yesterday. They have been dirty since the Steel Curtain, but they always seem to avoid getting penalized for the most part. The refs gave the game to the Stealers and Jones gave them the excuse.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Pacman is a douche. That's all on him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Lesson #1: make the ****ing playoffs first
          Traps post is spot on. Penalties are preventing us from winning thus keeping us out of playoffs
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• k-oneputt
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
            Burfict was leading with his shoulder and Brown ducked his head. How do you prevent that? Burfict was trying to dislodge the ball.

Then Porter, who had no business being out there in the first place, started talking ****. Was Pac-Man wrong, well I guess so because the officials said so.

What about Shaziers helmet to helmet hit on Bernard that wasn't called, that was worse then Burficts hit.

The Stealers confirmed their nickname yesterday. They have been dirty since the Steel Curtain, but they always seem to avoid getting penalized for the most part. The refs gave the game to the Stealers and Jones gave them the excuse.

Comment

• Thurmal
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post

I hate Pittsburgh and was obviously pulling hard for Cinci, but I thought that Burfict threw an unnecessary elbow at Brown's head way, WAY after the ball had flown past him. That guy is a true nutcase; makes the stuff Hughes does look like the equivalent of an illegal motion penalty.
              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                • Aug 2013

The lesson is that culture trumps talent.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Burfict getting flagged was the right call. Even James Harrison said it was the right call according to the league even if it was a clean play in his own mind. And that's James Harrison who for a while was collecting trips to the league office like no one's business.

Pacman getting flagged was a little ridiculous without Joey Porter drawing a flag. Porter was jawing too. If anything if they're gonna flag Pacman, then Porter should have been flagged too.

Although Pittsburgh had a 50 yard FG already after Burfict and woulda still had one more play to gain a few more yards before attempting a FG, so who knows if Pacman's flag even did anything to affect the end of the game.

The kick as it was looked like it woulda been good from 50 anyway.

Comment

• Crisis
                    • Aug 2004

Hughes can be an idiot a lot of the time but he's nowhere near Burfict levels of dirty. That guy is a piece of ****.
                    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                    Vanek is Austrian not European
                    Originally posted by Prov401
                    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                    Originally posted by better days
                    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

There was only one call/non-call that really bugged me in that game...

Shazier's hit on Bernard.

Once I saw that happen, no flag, I knew the game would get chippy til the end and figured someone on Pittsburgh would get lit the F up because of it. Burfict was just an idiot and waited til the wrong time to do it.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

just moved from pittsburgh 2 years ago after living there for 6 years. I loved it there but the Steeler fans are some of the most idiotic, ridiculous, obnoxious people on the planet so because of that I freaking hate that team.

That said, because I'm married to a steeler fan I have watched most of their games over the last 8 years and outside of New England, I have NEVER seen a luckier team in my entire life. Literally every ball bounces their way. Every major call goes their way. If 7 things need to happen in order for them to win a major game, or make the playoffs, they do. They needed at least 2 miracles to win last night. (a quick turnover and idiotic penalties) and got both of them. They needed to win and get help to make the playoffs and they got that. This is the dirtiest thing i've ever said but I was actually openly rooting for the freaking new jersey jets so the steelers wouldn't make the playoffs

It's absolutely infuriating because I hate them SOO much because of their douchebag, spoiled, idiotic fans.

end of rant.
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Yeah, the Steelers got the benefit of two instances of calls/non-calls (four, I guess, in reality).

Burfict's hit was nasty and deserved a flag, but so did Shazier's. Porter should have been flagged, and that would have offset PacMan's.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

I guess I wasn't clear. But the bengals were viewed as instigators from the start due to the history. And when the flags get thrown at the end, it's the highly penalized team that gets in. Not the other chippy team who is seen as clean.

The shazier sequence bothered me. Helmet to helmet. They reviewe the play but not the penalty and shazier is taunting everyone including the hurt player without flags. Refs lost control of that game from that point on. The bengals felt like they had to take it into their own hands because the refs wouldn't sort anything out.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                              • Mar 2013

Steelers linebackers coach Joey Porter should have been flagged for being on the field.

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Joey Porter lingered on the field and got in the face of Cincinnati Bengals players when Adam Jones committed an unfortunate foul.

Coaches aren't allowed on the field.

That said, why didn't the Bengals take a knee with 1:36 left?

Instead of running the ball and fumbling, couldn't they have just taken 2 kneel downs, a delay of game penalty, and punt the ball with less than 30 seconds to play?

Comment

Working...
                              X