How do you feel about RGIII as a backup here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

How do you feel about RGIII as a backup here?

Just wanted to know if you're cool with RGIII as a backup in Buffalo and if there's any way you can trade or acquire him? I understand if you don't want him here if he's not suitable. Thoughts?
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: How do you feel about RGIII as a backup here?

too much required to get him and... he's kinda done IMO.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

I could see him or Kaep in Cleveland if they plan on keeping Johnny Football around.

Since they all can run a similar offense.

Kaep or RGIII would make sense here too for the same reason, but I don't think EJ is going anywhere.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

RGIII will cost nothing because he will be cut.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

No thanks. By all accounts the guy doesn't study and doesn't know the plays, just relies on his athleticism and shoots from the hip.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

I'd give him a second shot, but obviously it would have to be cheap. He's still a physical freak but he would have to protect himself a lot better. Tyrod would still likely beat him out in TC anyway.

Kaepernick would be the best option of the three because he's better able to throw to the middle of the field and has run Roman's offense, but I don't know if they'd want to work together again (or if Kaep even gets released).

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
              No thanks. By all accounts the guy doesn't study and doesn't know the plays, just relies on his athleticism and shoots from the hip.
              I still spend some time in the DC area and I have several friends who are Skins fans. The knock on RGIII is that he doesn't want to be a read option QB. He wants to be a pocket passer but he's either too lazy or too stupid to learn to read defenses. Essentially he doesn't want to play the style of offense that's best suited to his natural will set.

When he excelled early in his career, it's because he ran the read option. His play trailed off significantly when he tried to be a more pass oriented QB.

I don't think we have any use for him, and with limited cap, I'd rather see it used in other ways.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Scumbag College
                • Oct 2002

I'm not sure Kaep is going anywhere...it depends what coach is hired there and what offense coordinator comes in to SF. If he is cut, I would think that there are enough teams with much worse starting QBs than Tyrod that would all but guarantee him a starting spot that Kaep would want to try out.

RGIII...something about the whole situation with him and Washington would make me uneasy about bringing him in. I haven't followed it too closely, but he seems to be a headache in the locker room and just doesn't look like the same player since his injury.
                Last edited by Scumbag College; 01-11-2016, 11:23 AM.
                Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  I still spend some time in the DC area and I have several friends who are Skins fans. The knock on RGIII is that he doesn't want to be a read option QB. He wants to be a pocket passer but he's either too lazy or too stupid to learn to read defenses. Essentially he doesn't want to play the style of offense that's best suited to his natural will set.

When he excelled early in his career, it's because he ran the read option. His play trailed off significantly when he tried to be a more pass oriented QB.

I don't think we have any use for him, and with limited cap, I'd rather see it used in other ways.
                  I don't know if it's a matter of him wanting to be a pocket QB, or Gruden trying to force him to be one. Either way, he's not a very good stand in the pocket kind of QB, so it's dumb for him or a coach to try and make him that.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                    I don't know if it's a matter of him wanting to be a pocket QB, or Gruden trying to force him to be one. Either way, he's not a very good stand in the pocket kind of QB, so it's dumb for him or a coach to try and make him that.
                    The rumor around town is that it was Griffin himself and not Gruden. Of course, none of us were in that locker room and the people that were aren't airing the dirty laundry, so there is no way to know for sure.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      The rumor around town is that it was Griffin himself and not Gruden. Of course, none of us were in that locker room and the people that were aren't airing the dirty laundry, so there is no way to know for sure.
                      I'd guess the coaching staff, starting with Shanny and then Gruden tried to force him into being a pocket passer after what happened in 2012. Although that could be partly in RGIII's head as well.

Shanny completely ruined him as a QB in this league playing him in that playoff game on one leg.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

In our hybrid scheme he'd be a better fit than with what they are currently running in Washington. Allowing him to make reads and move some could rebuild his confidence. The question is do you want to put Tyrod under that kind of camp pressure?
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

No thanks...I'd rather have a rookie draft pick than RGIII, Kaep or Manziel.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                            • Apr 2005

No more rummaging through other teams garbage searching for treasure . We're already stuck with t h e Jets rejected coach and his reject of a brother. Search the draft.Hell look at the CFL BUT no more players or coaches that are all hype and no results.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                              RGIII will cost nothing because he will be cut.
                              yeah, but a guy as focused on "brand" as RG3 is, would never sign with the bills. that's a guy who will go ANYWHERE with a moderate to large market. he'd never be caught dead in a backwater like buffalo or greenbay.

Still i'm never against signing or drafting QBs until you get your guy. and then signing or drafting qbs until you get a backup you think could start somewhere else.

QBs are WAY too important to skimp on. That said RG3 is probably not even backup quality at this point.
                              Last edited by Ingtar33; 01-11-2016, 03:28 PM.
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X