PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign Little; Boykin

Buffalogic
01-12-2016, 02:04 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/12/bills-sign-receivers-greg-little-jarrett-boykin/

More receivers.

Mr. Pink
01-12-2016, 02:27 PM
Little is absolutely garbage.

Boykin is a maybe option as a backend option.

swiper
01-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Whaley trying to send a message to Woods and Goodwin.

OpIv37
01-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Early start on camp bodies

Mace
01-12-2016, 04:52 PM
I'd heard Rex wanted another Little Boykin before he got too old to appreciate the growing years.

starrymessenger
01-12-2016, 08:09 PM

Dont disagree but was second only to AJ Green with almost 800 yrds his rookie year.
Did he always have bad hands?

BertSquirtgum
01-13-2016, 01:00 AM
Didn't be get suspended for smoking the cheeb?

IlluminatusUIUC
01-13-2016, 02:17 AM

Goodwin already knows, that's why he's doing more work with the US track team in the run up to Rio 2016.

None of these guys are legit threats to Woods though, Percy Harvin was the shot across his bow.

swiper
01-13-2016, 03:22 AM
Goodwin already knows, that's why he's doing more work with the US track team in the run up to Rio 2016.

None of these guys are legit threats to Woods though, Percy Harvin was the shot across his bow.

Goodwin was working out with the Olympic team all along, if you'll recall. And Harvin was merely one of Rex's "yes" men that was weak and a failure. Again.

Buffalogic
01-13-2016, 06:32 AM
Goodwin is done. Hogan should be too. Little has always had stone hands but he has unrealized potential. Boykin was decent with Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball to him. Nothing special on either of them, but worth a look I guess.

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2016, 07:19 AM
Little and Boykin are both 6'2" receviers. Maybe Whaley is trying to tell Woods and Goodwin to grow taller or get cut.

swiper
01-13-2016, 10:08 AM
Little and Boykin are both 6'2" receviers. Maybe Whaley is trying to tell Woods and Goodwin to grow taller or get cut.

So was Mike Williams. Don't be stupid. I know it's difficult for you.

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2016, 10:31 AM
So was Mike Williams. Don't be stupid. I know it's difficult for you.
Boykin is decent. Little sucks.

Wow you're quite a ****. Jumped straight to personal insult.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-13-2016, 10:38 AM
Goodwin was working out with the Olympic team all along, if you'll recall.

Yeah, that's what I said. He already knows his job is pretty much lost, that's why he was doing things like missing practices to train for the Olympics last offseason.

And Harvin was merely one of Rex's "yes" men that was weak and a failure. Again.

And since we're talking about "messages" here, Harvin was clearly brought in to take Woods' job. Which he did, until he was hurt. Little and Boykin are back of the roster churn, they aren't a real threat to take Woods' role.

swiper
01-13-2016, 12:47 PM
And since we're talking about "messages" here, Harvin was clearly brought in to take Woods' job. Which he did, until he was hurt. Little and Boykin are back of the roster churn, they aren't a real threat to take Woods' role.

He didn't "take" Woods' job. It was given to him. He did nothing to earn it.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Dont disagree but was second only to AJ Green with almost 800 yrds his rookie year.
Did he always have bad hands?

Articles from 2011 and 2012 on the guy. 2011 being his rookie year...

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/11/cleveland_browns_greg_little_k.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8423022/cleveland-browns-patience-thin-greg-little-antics-drops

IlluminatusUIUC
01-13-2016, 01:01 PM
He didn't "take" Woods' job. It was given to him. He did nothing to earn it.

Harvin, when healthy and sane, is a better player then Woods. He's never healthy. And calling Percy Harvin a "yes man" is laughable. The guy's been bounced from three teams over disciplinary issues and punched a teammate in Super Bowl week.

Woods is a good possession receiver but he is basically the re-incarnation of Steve Johnson. If you force feed him the football, he'll put up good raw stats but he has a tendency towards making mental errors at the worst possible moment. Signing Harvin was the wake up call, not roster churn like Little and Boykin. He already should know his job is in jeopardy.

starrymessenger
01-13-2016, 03:23 PM
Articles from 2011 and 2012 on the guy. 2011 being his rookie year...

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/11/cleveland_browns_greg_little_k.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8423022/cleveland-browns-patience-thin-greg-little-antics-drops

I get it. He really really cant catch a football. Plus he's not exactly a rocket scientist.
Pair him with EJ, who cant throw a football, for maximum hilarity.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2016, 03:44 PM
I get it. He really really cant catch a football. Plus he's not exactly a rocket scientist.
Pair him with EJ, who cant throw a football, for maximum hilarity.

Ever see the movie Necessary Roughness? Or The Replacements?

He's Clifford Franklin or Featherstone.

"Don't throw the ball to stone hands!"

feldspar
01-13-2016, 04:41 PM
I'd heard Rex wanted another Little Boykin before he got too old to appreciate the growing years.

Right, and if Bills Sign Little, then they should get a bigger one.

swiper
01-14-2016, 11:33 AM
Harvin, when healthy and sane, is a better player then Woods. He's never healthy. And calling Percy Harvin a "yes man" is laughable. The guy's been bounced from three teams over disciplinary issues and punched a teammate in Super Bowl week.

Woods is a good possession receiver but he is basically the re-incarnation of Steve Johnson. If you force feed him the football, he'll put up good raw stats but he has a tendency towards making mental errors at the worst possible moment. Signing Harvin was the wake up call, not roster churn like Little and Boykin. He already should know his job is in jeopardy.

Woods is a very good receiver when targeted.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-14-2016, 01:26 PM

Player A: Gets targeted about 7.11 times per game, gets 12.7 yards per catch, catches a TD about every 10.75 catches, and fumbles about once per 100 touches.
Player B: Gets targeted about 6.11 times per game, gets 12.1 yards per catch, catches a TD about every 13.8 catches, and fumbles about once every 50 touches.

One is Steve Johnson in a Bills uniform, one is Robert Woods. He's a good player, but he's nothing special, just as Johnson was.

swiper
01-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Player A: Gets targeted about 7.11 times per game, gets 12.7 yards per catch, catches a TD about every 10.75 catches, and fumbles about once per 100 touches.
Player B: Gets targeted about 6.11 times per game, gets 12.1 yards per catch, catches a TD about every 13.8 catches, and fumbles about once every 50 touches.

One is Steve Johnson in a Bills uniform, one is Robert Woods. He's a good player, but he's nothing special, just as Johnson was.

He hasn't been given the same opportunity that Johnson was. So the example is inaccurate.

BillsImpossible
01-18-2016, 05:28 PM
The Bills need a #2 WR.

Michael Thomas or Laquon Treadwell?

Those guys are big, possession receivers but they don't have the speed to stretch a defense.

What are the Bills looking for in their #2 wideout, speed or size?

Can't have both.

Will Fuller or Tyler Boyd have the speed, but they both weigh less than 200 lbs.

Which is it, the fast #2 WR that weighs as much as me with a 4.44 40, or a big WR that's 6'2 230 lbs and runs a 4.55 40?

About a tenth of a seconds difference.

I like Treadwell.

BillsImpossible
01-18-2016, 05:38 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VlNTejpxR_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BPwZxYaSWcY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oaf
01-18-2016, 05:48 PM

I think he struggled to get open last year and is not big enough to catch contested throws.

BillsImpossible
01-18-2016, 06:02 PM
I think he struggled to get open last year and is not big enough to catch contested throws.

Woods is a slot receiver, Hogan is a slot receiver, Goodwin is a slot receiver.

The Bills haven't had a legit #2 since Terrell Owens. After TO comes Quinn Early and Peerless Price.

Who did I forget? Josh Reed?

YardRat
01-18-2016, 06:28 PM
Treadwell will be gone before the Bills pick, and Goodwin isn't a slot receiver.

Ginger Vitis
01-18-2016, 06:29 PM
Woods is a slot receiver, Hogan is a slot receiver, Goodwin is a slot receiver.

The Bills haven't had a legit #2 since Terrell Owens. After TO comes Quinn Early and Peerless Price.

Who did I forget? Josh Reed?

In 2004 Eric Moulds was the No.1 guy and Lee Evans was a good No.2 that year

Mr. Pink
01-18-2016, 06:29 PM
You can like Treadwell all you want, he'll be gone long before the Bills pick.

stuckincincy
01-18-2016, 06:58 PM

CIN kept Little on their club in 2014 as insurance. He saw a bit of action...no illusions, of course, but he looked alright. Certainly deserving of a try-out.

Night Train
01-19-2016, 08:40 AM
They will sign a bunch of these prototype bigger WR's, hoping just one of them emerges.

Zero risk and a possible reward. All teams do it at various positions.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-19-2016, 08:52 AM
He hasn't been given the same opportunity that Johnson was. So the example is inaccurate.

He's producing at the same or worse rates then Johnson. Improving his number of targets is not going to change that. The only way to do that is for him to develop more as a receiver, which I don't really expect. I think he's a high floor, average ceiling player.

swiper
01-19-2016, 11:23 AM
He's producing at the same or worse rates then Johnson. Improving his number of targets is not going to change that. The only way to do that is for him to develop more as a receiver, which I don't really expect. I think he's a high floor, average ceiling player.

Sure it will, because he's a better receiver. IDK where you got all down on him. He looked great as a rookie, then the Bills stopped throwing to him.