01-14-2016, 11:25 AM
Colin Kap is back in the lineup.

Night Train
01-14-2016, 11:26 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/14/49ers-hire-chip-kelly/

swiper
01-14-2016, 11:26 AM
LOL. This is like musical chairs.

Will be worse when Philly hires Coughlin.

Night Train
01-14-2016, 11:28 AM
LOL. This is like musical chairs.

Will be worse when Philly hires Coughlin.

He withdrew himself from consideration for the Philly job.

swiper
01-14-2016, 11:29 AM
He withdrew himself from consideration for the Philly job.

Hadn't heard. Thanks.

Buffalogic
01-14-2016, 02:08 PM
They won't keep Kaep at his crazy price tag when they can get rg3 or Manziel for peanuts. They could cut and resign, but why not start fresh with one of the other clones?

HAMMER
01-14-2016, 02:13 PM
They won't keep Kaep at his crazy price tag when they can get rg3 or Manziel for peanuts. They could cut and resign, but why not start fresh with one of the other clones?

Kaeps number isn't bad, RG3 and Manziel aren't as good as Kaep.

Buffalogic
01-14-2016, 02:15 PM
Kaep is terrible lol. Kaeps number is almost 17 million next year. That's top ten in salary and he's garbage.

HAMMER
01-14-2016, 02:25 PM
Kaep is terrible lol. Kaeps number is almost 17 million next year. That's top ten in salary and he's garbage.

He led them to back to back NFC championships, his contribution to that was significant.

He can't read the whole field yet, doesn't mean he won't be able to with more coaching.

Buffalogic
01-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Actually Alex Smith took them to their first NFC championship which they lost. Kaep was just along for the ride in the superbowl year, they already had a very capable team. And then he lost the game for them in Seattle the following year.

Paying him 17 million would be asinine when there are cheap clones out there. Kaep has terrible accuracy. That's not coachable. He did well for one season because nobody had tape on him and he ran fast. Same story as Vince Young.

Luisito23
01-14-2016, 02:43 PM
He did well for one season because nobody had tape on him and he ran fast.

Sounds very familiar to someone we all know.

HAMMER
01-14-2016, 02:50 PM
Actually Alex Smith took them to their first NFC championship which they lost. Kaep was just along for the ride in the superbowl year, they already had a very capable team. And then he lost the game for them in Seattle the following year.

Paying him 17 million would be asinine when there are cheap clones out there. Kaep has terrible accuracy. That's not coachable. He did well for one season because nobody had tape on him and he ran fast. Same story as Vince Young.

Well, at least one other NFL guru agrees with me that it should be a good fit. But I guess you must know better.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000622569/article/chip-kelly-could-save-colin-kaepernicks-49ers-career

YardRat
01-14-2016, 04:21 PM
So does he wear out his welcome again in San Fran before returning to college, become the next Bill Belichick, or somewhere in-between? I'm going with #1.

Novacane
01-14-2016, 04:23 PM
So does he wear out his welcome again in San Fran before returning to college, become the next Bill Belichick, or somewhere in-between? I'm going with #1.

2 years and he will be back in college.

Thurmal
01-14-2016, 04:29 PM

Smith led them to the NFCCG vs. the Giants. Kaepernick took them to the NFCCG vs. the Falcons and the following year against the Seahawks (after beating Carolina on the road in the divisional round).

IlluminatusUIUC
01-14-2016, 05:06 PM

Kaepernick is much more durable then either Griffin or Manziel. It's also not out of the question that he rolls with Gabbert, who was a spread qb in college with decent athleticism. Kelly's system calls for less qb running then most people think, is often a hb run/pass option.

Mace
01-14-2016, 05:38 PM
This is interesting because Boy York and General Baalke got rid of Harbaugh because he was too assertive. So they hired Thomsula, failsauce yes-man, who was absolutely passive, then had to fire him, and hired a guy who is assertive.

Next step will be Boy York getting aggravated with General Baalke for leading him astray in a season and boot him, giving personnel control to Kelly and we know how well that works.

I can't see this ending well for them.

YardRat
01-14-2016, 05:53 PM
This is interesting because Boy York and General Baalke got rid of Harbaugh because he was too assertive. So they hired Thomsula, failsauce yes-man, who was absolutely passive, then had to fire him, and hired a guy who is assertive.

Next step will be Boy York getting aggravated with General Baalke for leading him astray in a season and boot him, giving personnel control to Kelly and we know how well that works.

I can't see this ending well for them.

Too funny...my son had the same viewpoint when we were discussing this earlier.

Mace
01-14-2016, 05:58 PM
Too funny...my son had the same viewpoint when we were discussing this earlier.

Clearly a wise young man.