X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    • Sep 2010

Marrone & Mularkey duke it out for Tennessee job

Perfect payback for the Music City Miracle.

Mike Catalana @MikeCatalana
    Marrone "I quit in Buffalo" Mularkey "I quit first"
    Joe Buscaglia ✔ @JoeBuscaglia

But, Mike Mularkey is considered the favorite for the Titans gig according to reports.

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia

Doug Marrone's last hope is with the Tennessee Titans. He's interviewing with them today.
  • Swiper
    • Sep 2010

Re: Marrone & Mularkey duke it out for Tennessee job

Joe Buscaglia ✔ @JoeBuscaglia

Lest we forget, Marrone and Mularkey are the last two #Bills coaches that have produced a winning record here.... Garoppolo or no Garoppolo.

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso
    Last year Doug Marrone interviewed w/ NYJ, CHI, ATL. Cancelled w/ DEN. This year, interviewed w/ NYG, MIA, CLE, PHI. Nutso. Last chance: TEN

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Talk about a cripple fight.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
        • Jul 2002

Mularkey: "Marrone is just a copy cat. I quit the Bills, he quits the Bills. I go to Jacksonville, he goes to Jacksonville. I coach the Titans, now he wants to coach the Titans. Will you please tell this guy he's not me."

Comment

• Swiper
          • Sep 2010

ROFL. I've heard of success copying success, but never this!

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
            Mularkey: "Marrone is just a copy cat. I quit the Bills, he quits the Bills. I go to Jacksonville, he goes to Jacksonville. I coach the Titans, now he wants to coach the Titans. Will you please tell this guy he's not me."
            Uncanny.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

The Buffalo Bills lead, others follow.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Scumbag College
                • Oct 2002

I would think that Tennessee would want to be a gig that coaches would be fighting over. Mariotta looks like he is going to be a star QB and they have the #1 pick this year. I can't believe these two creeps are in the running for that job. They up and quit on their team. 32 of the most sought after jobs in football, they both had one and they quit. For cripes sake, Marrone quit on a 9-7 team for cripes that had their first winning season in years. Then they took assistant and/or coordinator jobs on lousy teams.
                Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                  Mularkey vs. Diet Mularkey

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                    I would think that Tennessee would want to be a gig that coaches would be fighting over. Mariotta looks like he is going to be a star QB and they have the #1 pick this year. I can't believe these two creeps are in the running for that job. They up and quit on their team. 32 of the most sought after jobs in football, they both had one and they quit. For cripes sake, Marrone quit on a 9-7 team for cripes that had their first winning season in years. Then they took assistant and/or coordinator jobs on lousy teams.
                    Exactly what I'm thinking. I can't believe that's the best they can do if even Cleveland could get Hue Jackson.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

Two barely NFL quality Head Coaches quit the same NFL team and you figure the problem is with them rather then with that NFL team?

Comment

• Scumbag College
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                        Two barely NFL quality Head Coaches quit the same NFL team and you figure the problem is with them rather then with that NFL team?
                        As far as NFL franchises go, I realize that the Buffalo Bills wouldn't be the most attractive landing spot to someone without ties to the region.

High taxes, small market, dated stadium, stagnant economy, winters that never end, etc; as well as years of atrocious football, nearly criminal mismanagement of many high draft picks, and blundering numerous times in the search of a franchise QB all would factor into a coach taking a job here. But, it's not like Mularkey and Marrone were top notch, big name coaches whom could name their price and team they want to coach for. Mularkey was a good coordinator that got that "buzz" of being a great future HC, and Marrone turned a horrible SU football program into an OK one. They were guys that were available at the time whom the Bills could land. They weren't Parcells or Jimmy Johnson who could just say what team they wanted to coach and be hired on immediately. That's why if I were an NFL owner I wouldn't hire those two guys, and if I was a fan of the Titans and either one of these two are my HC I wouldn't be thrilled in the least bit.
                        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Swiper
                          • Sep 2010

Mularkey seems to be on a tour of the garbage teams of the NFL.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Yeah, you'd figure everyone would want to go there. There was no other opening, save the Giants job albeit it with an aging Manning, that offered a franchise QB.

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                            They weren't the same team (different owners) or situations. Mularkey quit because his kids were getting harassed at school. Marrone quit because he had a $4M parachute and thought he was going to get another HC'ing job immediately.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                              Yeah, you'd figure everyone would want to go there. There was no other opening, save the Giants job albeit it with an aging Manning, that offered a franchise QB.
                              If Tampa's job had been open to outsiders, that would be a much better job then Tennessee.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X