• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

RIP Ted Marchibroda

Best offensive coordinator the Buffalo Bills have ever had.

Ted Marchibroda dies at age 84

Ted Marchibroda, who spent 12 seasons as the coach of the Colts and Ravens, has died at age 84.

Marchibroda led the Baltimore Colts from 1975 to 1979 and returned to the franchise in Indianapolis from 1992 to 1995. In his final season with the Colts, he took the team to the AFC Championship Game.

He then became the first coach of the Baltimore Ravens, staying with the team for three seasons.

His career record was 87-98-1.

Marchibroda gave current New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick his first coaching job, hiring the 23-year-old as a special assistant with the Colts in 1975.

Marchibroda played in the NFL for four seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelersand Chicago Cardinals. He served as an assistant coach with the Washington Redskins, Los Angeles Rams, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eaglesand Buffalo Bills.
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: RIP Ted Marchobroda

Do I have to take back the Bernie Sanders crack now?

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Re: RIP Ted Marchibroda

I edited the title for spelling.

Thank you Ted, for being a part of one of the two best eras of this franchise.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

K-gun!!!

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Marv Levy's saving grace. RIP to the engineer of one of the most relentless buzzsaws of an offense in NFL history. And RIP to the architect of the years of the most joy and delight I'll ever experience as a sports fan.

RIP indeed Mr. Marchibroda, and thank you for your time with us.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

St. Bona QB and a 1st round pick of the Steelers in 1953. Twice the Colts HC. Had Bert Jones and Jim Harbaugh as his QB's. Kelly in between. All played great with his Offense.

RIP. A great coach.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Boomstick
              • Oct 2008

In his first or second year as Colts HC, I had sent him a letter asking if there were any open practices I could watch, as my parents would take my sister and I to Indiana to see family every summer. While their weren't any at the time we were going to be out there, he hand wrote a letter back with an autographed picture and a hat. As a young kid, this was one of the coolest things ever.
              Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Hello. My name is Shawn Spencer this is my associate Hummingbird Saltalamachia

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

Condolences for the family.

RIP Mr. Marchibroda.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Ted Marchibroda was an inspiration. A man who spent a lifetime at a vocation, but instead of getting entrenched in conventional thinking, he took his years of acquired knowledge and said "**** it". What if we did something totally different. What if we played to the strengths of our personnel and created a system tailored to them. A system that baffles and exhausts opposing Defenses.

He is my favorite Bills coach of all time. He was an innovator and a difference maker.

Our current head coach could learn a few things from observing the way Ted went about his business.

Comment

Working...
                  X