PDA

View Full Version : Malarkey hired to be next Titans coach- per Schefter

Zero
01-16-2016, 03:53 PM
Marrone left out in the cold once again. I imagine he has to be second guessing last year's decision to overplay his hand. Pity...

Mace
01-16-2016, 04:00 PM
Pretty bad when Mularkey beats you out.

Night Train
01-16-2016, 04:05 PM
How does Mularkey get a 3rd chance ?

Mace
01-16-2016, 04:30 PM

No clue but I just read the Titans and Eagles are Schwartz hunting for DC.

sudzy
01-16-2016, 04:43 PM
No clue but I just read the Titans and Eagles are Schwartz hunting for DC.

Not us though. We are securing our 17th year without playoffs with Rob "freaking" Ryan. From top 5 defense to bottom 5 in 2 years.

YardRat
01-16-2016, 04:46 PM

Because it came down to him or Marrone.

Mace
01-16-2016, 04:51 PM
Titans fans are displeased btw, in looking at their boards. Very displeased.

YardRat
01-16-2016, 04:53 PM
"Well, looks like it's between Marrone and a dead Vince Lombardi."
"So, just how dead is Vince?"

sudzy
01-16-2016, 04:58 PM
"Well, looks like it's between Marrone and a dead Vince Lombardi."
"So, just how dead is Vince?"

I guess we could hire on Sylvia Brown to relay the play calls.

Mace
01-16-2016, 05:02 PM
I guess we could hire on Sylvia Brown to relay the play calls.

Except she died in 2013 so you'd have to find someone to relay the play calls from her relaying the play calls.

Scumbag College
01-16-2016, 05:24 PM
Well, another three years of futility in Tennessee then. Or less if Mularkey decides to quit again.

Mace
01-16-2016, 06:04 PM
Well, another three years of futility in Tennessee then. Or less if Mularkey decides to quit again.

Comically, the fans are already looking ahead to future HC's after Mularkey.

Joe Fo Sho
01-16-2016, 06:07 PM
In the Superbowl era, there have been only 13 people to head coach for 3 or more teams. Mularkey is number 13. His winning percentage is by far the worst for anyone in this group at 31.5%, 2nd worst is Forrest Gregg at about 47%.

Good job, Tennessee.

Night Train
01-16-2016, 07:39 PM
I can only imagine this job was treated like the Cleveland job a couple years back when Pettine was literally the #14 choice. No one of quality wanted this job, so it came down to these 2 guys ? Wow.

Young QB with promise but the organization seems to be a mess. They've been REALLY down for a while now.

swiper
01-17-2016, 03:42 AM
I can only imagine this job was treated like the Cleveland job a couple years back when Pettine was literally the #14 choice. No one of quality wanted this job, so it came down to these 2 guys ? Wow.

Young QB with promise but the organization seems to be a mess. They've been REALLY down for a while now.

The owner lives in Houston, doesn't talk to the media and seems to be hands off. Maybe Mularkey will get a little space to do what he wants. Maybe he rebuilds the o-line and Mariotta develops. Best case scenario. But like Chan Gailey in Buffalo, his ultimate success will depend on a strong DC and rebuilding that defense to what it was under Fisher/Schwartz.

Forward_Lateral
01-18-2016, 06:09 AM
Except she died in 2013 so you'd have to find someone to relay the play calls from her relaying the play calls.

A Ouija board

Mr. Pink
01-18-2016, 09:01 AM
I'd rather have Mularkey than Ryan.

Albany,n.y.
01-18-2016, 09:07 AM

You'd rather have a different coach, a different QB etc. I think no matter whose running things, on or off the field you'll always want someone inferior to them and think you're for upgrading.

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2016, 10:20 AM
In the Superbowl era, there have been only 13 people to head coach for 3 or more teams. Mularkey is number 13. His winning percentage is by far the worst for anyone in this group at 31.5%, 2nd worst is Forrest Gregg at about 47%.

Good job, Tennessee.
Great job with the interesting stats. Tennessee wishes they had known this.

Mr. Pink
01-18-2016, 10:55 AM
You'd rather have a different coach, a different QB etc. I think no matter whose running things, on or off the field you'll always want someone inferior to them and think you're for upgrading.

Nope, has nothing to do with that.

I didn't mind Jauron here like pretty much everyone did. He schemed the team properly to it's talent level and had them in many games they had no business being in with the talent gap. He got a bum rap because of his personality and his alleged "lack of care." But that team here under him, without a shadow of a doubt, overachieved. Obviously it wasn't good enough but his teams had expansion franchise level talent.

swiper
01-18-2016, 03:46 PM

I'd rather have Marrone than Ryan.

Mace
01-18-2016, 05:02 PM
I'd rather have Marrone than Ryan.

Yeah, yanno ? Pains me to say it, but me too.

BillsImpossible
01-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Yeah, yanno ? Pains me to say it, but me too.

You would rather have Doug Marrone over Ryan? Really? Calm down, it's okay bro, everything is going to be just fine.

Mace, step back from that ledge. Don't do it! Don't do it!

Think twice!

Marrone didn't get hired by any other team in the NFL for a reason, again.

The man has a problem getting along with people, and went so far as to spend time making sure media people got the muzzle in Buffalo during his reign.

Doug Marrone is very insecure with himself.

The players did not like him one bit. The players hoisted Jim Schwartz on their shoulders, not Marrone. They celebrated when Marrone quit.

Rex Ryan isn't a quitter.

YardRat
01-18-2016, 06:37 PM

How unfortunate for us.

BillsImpossible
01-18-2016, 07:04 PM
How unfortunate for us.

I don't think you're being fair.

1 year in to a completely new system is not fair to judge any NFL coach.

It's not like the Bills went 3-13.

People need to get over the way Rex Ryan changed the defense that got exposed in Week 15 of 2014.

He tried implementing schemes from 2014 to make the players happy and they didn't work.

To go 8-8 in your first year with a quarterback that's never started a meaningful game in the NFL is something to build on.

The only reason why Tyrod Taylor is a Buffalo Bill is because of Rex Ryan.

Mace
01-18-2016, 07:07 PM
You would rather have Doug Marrone over Ryan? Really? Calm down, it's okay bro, everything is going to be just fine.

Mace, step back from that ledge. Don't do it! Don't do it!

Think twice!

Marrone didn't get hired by any other team in the NFL for a reason, again.

The man has a problem getting along with people, and went so far as to spend time making sure media people got the muzzle in Buffalo during his reign.

Doug Marrone is very insecure with himself.

The players did not like him one bit. The players hoisted Jim Schwartz on their shoulders, not Marrone. They celebrated when Marrone quit.

Well, we got worse under Ryan. Marrone was a terrible HC. Ryan is a headcase terrible HC who did worse than Marrone with more talent. There's that.

Oaf
01-19-2016, 12:15 AM
The last time Mularkey was an HC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7SArsqv_90

Why'd we have to screw that year up?

swiper
01-19-2016, 03:03 AM
We have much more than one year of Ryan being a head coach for the blind (BI). We got to dismantle a team that Tannenbaum/Mangini constructed from the AFC Championship game down to 4-12. Now he comes to Buffalo and doesn't start off that well. It's down from here.

Marrone is what he is. I'm not denying that. But he was a true first time coach and only took the Bills in the right direction. Whaley chased him away.

Ginger Vitis
01-19-2016, 04:53 AM

The last time Mularkey was a HC was in 2012 with the Jaguars and they went 2-14 that year

Victor7
01-19-2016, 10:31 AM
The last time Mularkey was a HC was in 2012 with the Jaguars and they went 2-14 that year

And then promptly led the Titans to a 2-7 record once he took over for Wisenhunt.

God knows what the hell they are doing over there in Tennessee to hire such a bad coach.

Victor7
01-19-2016, 10:41 AM
Speaking of bad coaches by my count Douglas Marrone has now interviewed for ...

Titans
Bears
Giants
Jets
Browns
Falcons
Dolphins
Eagles

That's 8 teams Dougie. 25% of the league has now interviewed you and decided not to hire you

What is it ?? .... You having a hard time explaining how you QUIT on your team ? How you left your assistants hanging out to dry ?? Your "splendid" personality and how players looooove you for it ?? .... Maybe teams are questioning how on earth will you ever win anything without Jim Schwartz to cover for your inept offense. Or maybe its how the Bills OL went from good to awful in a span of 2 seasons despite you being an "OL guru"

I can't be that bad though. I'm sure Adam Shefter and your shared agent will comfort you Mr. "young Bill Parcells"

**** you you fat POS, quitter, dbag.

End rant.

Mace
01-19-2016, 04:11 PM
We have much more than one year of Ryan being a head coach for the blind (BI). We got to dismantle a team that Tannenbaum/Mangini constructed from the AFC Championship game down to 4-12. Now he comes to Buffalo and doesn't start off that well. It's down from here.

On the plus side, the Jets immediately improved by 6 wins. So if we fire him yet for some reason, like say he and Rob run amok and burn down the Anchor Bar, then shoot it out with the police in a tequila/pcp frenzy, we'd be 14-2 next year and get a wild card because the Pats would be 15-1. I have this all figured out.

Bill Cody
01-20-2016, 09:47 AM
That's the trouble with sucking. Any new fresh talented coach doesn't want to go there. You end up with the likes of Rex, Mularkey, Marrone, etc. It's a treadmill.

Mr. Miyagi
01-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Speaking of bad coaches by my count Douglas Marrone has now interviewed for ...

Titans
Bears
Giants
Jets
Browns
Falcons
Dolphins
Eagles

That's 8 teams Dougie. 25% of the league has now interviewed you and decided not to hire you

What is it ?? .... You having a hard time explaining how you QUIT on your team ? How you left your assistants hanging out to dry ?? Your "splendid" personality and how players looooove you for it ?? .... Maybe teams are questioning how on earth will you ever win anything without Jim Schwartz to cover for your inept offense. Or maybe its how the Bills OL went from good to awful in a span of 2 seasons despite you being an "OL guru"

I can't be that bad though. I'm sure Adam Shefter and your shared agent will comfort you Mr. "young Bill Parcells"

**** you you fat POS, quitter, dbag.

End rant.
It's his effective communication skills evident by mass emailing his players about his quitting.

Fixxxer
01-20-2016, 02:30 PM

"Sugar" Shane Matthews and Shaud Williams. Good times.