PDA

View Full Version : 13 of the last 15 AFC Super Bowl quarterbacks

YardRat
01-17-2016, 07:00 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/17/ben-peyton-brady-are-13-of-the-last-15-afc-super-bowl-quarterbacks/

For the 13th time in 15 years, the starting quarterback for the AFC Super Bowl team will be Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger), Peyton Manning (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning) or Tom Brady (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1163/tom-brady).

Roethlisberger and Manning have each played in four AFC Championship Games, with today’s winner advancing to his fifth. Since 2001, the Patriots have advanced to 10 AFC Championship Games, the Steelers have played in five, the Colts have played in four (three with Manning, one without) and the Broncos have played in two (one with Manning, one without). So counting this year, those four teams will have accounted for 22 AFC Championship Game appearances since 2001, with the other 12 AFC teams accounting for a combined eight AFC Championship Game appearances.

ParanoidAndroid
01-17-2016, 07:22 AM
Parity.

YardRat
01-17-2016, 08:01 AM
Parity.

My ass.

HHURRICANE
01-17-2016, 08:09 AM
Brady is that good.

Turf
01-17-2016, 08:46 AM
Funny cause at the start of the season I didn't even see Pittsburgh being any threat. Once again I guess the QB position outweighs everything else. Once again we're screwed.

BillsImpossible
01-17-2016, 08:52 AM
Brady has a 22-8 record in playoff games.

Roethlisberger is 11-5 in playoff games.

Peyton Manning is 11-13 in playoff games.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-17-2016, 09:30 AM
The Steelers and Patriots are very good organizations, but the key is they never beat themselves. They are very good at forcing errors and not making any of their own. When Knile Davis fumbled, I knew immediately the Pats would score and it would end the game, because that's how they do it.

casdhf
01-17-2016, 09:34 AM
The Steelers and Patriots are very good organizations, but the key is they never beat themselves. They are very good at forcing errors and not making any of their own. When Knile Davis fumbled, I knew immediately the Pats would score and it would end the game, because that's how they do it.
You're only as good as your QB. Period.

YardRat
01-17-2016, 10:13 AM
Putting aside the fact that almost a full half of those appearances have been/will be by an organization that has a documented history of cheating over the same period of time, just for discussion's sake...the rule changes over the last several years have done more damage to the practicality of parity than all other factors combined (draft, scheduling, waiver, salary cap) can overcome.

OpIv37
01-17-2016, 10:23 AM
Their fields must have perfect north-south orientations.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-17-2016, 10:26 AM
You're only as good as your QB. Period.

Rodgers is the best QB in the game, and he's already golfing for the year. So is Drew Brees, who got exactly as far into the playoffs as the Bills. Peyton Manning has more one and done's then most QBs even have playoff appearances, and he might extend that record today.

A great QB will get you into the playoffs in most years. It takes a great team to actually advance while there, and the Pats and Steelers are.

swiper
01-17-2016, 01:33 PM
So you cannot blame a franchise for moving heaven and earth to get such a player. Unfortunately for the Bills, Ralph's idea of doing that was flying in Drew Bledsoe on his private plane.

Oaf
01-17-2016, 03:24 PM
We were two picks from Big Ben. One more loss would've done it.

Typ0
01-17-2016, 04:22 PM
Rodgers is the best QB in the game, and he's already golfing for the year. So is Drew Brees, who got exactly as far into the playoffs as the Bills. Peyton Manning has more one and done's then most QBs even have playoff appearances, and he might extend that record today.

A great QB will get you into the playoffs in most years. It takes a great team to actually advance while there, and the Pats and Steelers are.

And a great team exists because they have the proper mindset via good coaching. We have garbage coaching and garbage QB play. We perennially suck.

The Bengals have had some pretty good quarterbacking. I think they better send Marvin Lewis packing myself ...

Mace
01-17-2016, 05:43 PM
When we all look back I think we'll see an era of a few dominant QB's that won't likely happen again for a while, if ever. There's not really anyone in the pipeline in the class of those guys. A few maybe's, but nowhere near that much excellence.

Imho, all that means is just what it says.

gebobs
01-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Makes Buffalo's 4-year "dynasty" seem paltry, eh?

Mouldsie
01-23-2016, 02:16 PM
Jared Goff