Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NewYorkCity Backers

Bledsoe talking up playoff run

"I expect us to be in the playoffs," Drew Bledsoe said upon his arrival at the Bills training camp at St. John Fisher College on Wednesday afternoon. "If we are not a playoff team, I'll be greatly disappointed."

• Aero II
    RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
    • Jul 2002

I'll be disappointed too.

Comment

• Rude American
      EE is my American Idol
      • Jul 2002

I won't. I have more important things to worry about. Like Leafs hockey.
      You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• Aero II
        RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
        • Jul 2002

How Sad.

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

I think they can get cujo back.
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

I'd rather hear him jabbering about how he's gonna try and minimize his interceptions this season and play more conservatively!
            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Rude American
              EE is my American Idol
              • Jul 2002

of course YOU would. the guy is a maggot, right? Hell, let's a high school QB in here.
              You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                • Jul 2002

Good response...GREAT response...

Glad to see someone's on top of all of our options going forward!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                  I'd rather hear him jabbering about how he's gonna try and minimize his interceptions this season and play more conservatively!
                  Don't you think he already knows this? Does he have to come out and say it? Do you think he wanted to throw all those INT's? First you imply he sucks and now your implying he's stupid?

sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                    • Mar 2003

wys he trhew those int's because of the situations he was put in.....not all of them were bc of bad situation's but damn Shut up You think he threw all those int's in cruicial times when we really had a chance to win.

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Don't you think he already knows this? Does he have to come out and say it? Do you think he wanted to throw all those INT's? First you imply he sucks and now your implying he's stupid?

No, actually I don't. I think he's ridin' off of the "It's the D's fault" wave and it's probably impacted his own thinking about them.

You have to remember, that 15 INTs on the season as a "standalone stat" really doesn't appear to be that bad. Since most of the media hype on Drew uses those high level stats and team stigma over the first 5 games to drown any other information out, it doesn't reflect reality.

Reality is that he tossed them all in only 7 games. That's not good no matter how you slice it when you consider that those were the "difference makers" in most of those losses.

But no, I don't think he thinks that about himself. I'm sure he doesn't care to toss INTs, but INTs are a normal part of the game. What isn't "normal" is the specifics about last season's INTs and FUMs.

"Does he have to come out and say it?"

No, but it would be gracious if he did, at least to help vindicate the D from majorly faulty notions as the season went on. But why should he care? He's not taking the heat! Right! He's Drew Bledsoe after all and he's bigger than the team!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

I can tell you this as a FACT, that if he plays this season exactly as he did last, then we won't make the playoffs! Since much of that rests on him, and since we are all but guaranteed at least an average D, and likely far better, there shouldn't be any issues due to "lack of talent" leaving the only areas that "need to be addressed" as those where we "had the talent" yet failed miserably!

Of course, w/ the mentality around here and in Buffalo these days that 18 PPG is a dandy fine job for an O with the level of talent that we have, it'll be a hard sell!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

The way the interview is written, it's as if he's saying that w/ the notion that he had no hand in us not making them last year. Talk about having stones!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            Sab and TD are insignificant
                            • Sep 2002

I thought we averaged 23.something points a game last year?
                            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

No, actually I don't. I think he's ridin' off of the "It's the D's fault" wave and it's probably impacted his own thinking about them.
                              That's not like you to make a statement like that without facts or stats to back yourself up. You're assuming in this case. If that's the way you interpret it, i might very well just be you.

"Does he have to come out and say it?"
                              No, but it would be gracious if he did, at least to help vindicate the D from majorly faulty notions as the season went on. But why should he care? He's not taking the heat! Right! He's Drew Bledsoe after all and he's bigger than the team!

Who knows what the reporters asked? If they asked what would he consider as success and he sadi" Less interceptions on my part" Some people would interpret that as being self centered and out for personal glory, don't you think? The fact that he spoke about the team making playoffs means he was talking about the team. No, I am not a Drew fan but you always find fault in the guy. Tell me, who wouldn't be excited about the D? You are!

Another thing, the fact that he came out in prior interviews stating that they will go with a more balanced O simply means what they did ( he in Gilbride) in a way is admitting what happened last year isn't working. What more do you want?

You defended the D with your article but blamed Drew in the process. No, they both have their faults. Before that article you came out with another one blasting Drew again. We all now his faults and shortcomings. Give us some credit that we realize that. We (not me though ) only blast your post because you keep trying to put him down.

You blasts him more than you did Flutie. Cut him some slack, he's been here for only a year. Blast him all you want after this year if he fails.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X