PDA

View Full Version : Schwartz is the new dc in philly

Buffalogic
01-19-2016, 12:55 PM
He's back.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/689528346565279744

Joe Fo Sho
01-19-2016, 12:55 PM
I heard they hired Frank Reich as their OC, too. Is there any truth to that?

Buffalogic
01-19-2016, 01:00 PM
Seems so joe, but I think Pederson is going to call the plays.

Joe Fo Sho
01-19-2016, 01:29 PM
Looks like the Eagles are going to be a team that I'll be rooting for because of their ties to the Bills.

Mr. Miyagi
01-19-2016, 01:29 PM
Good for Schwartz. Let's see how good his defensive scheme really is without the pro bowl talent DL he had with us.

toto8
01-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Maybe Mario goes to the Eagles?

Pinkerton Security
01-19-2016, 01:48 PM
Maybe Mario goes to the Eagles?
mario for their next 4 1st round picks. lets make it happen Doug

YardRat
01-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Good for Schwartz. Let's see how good his defensive scheme really is without the pro bowl talent DL he had with us.

I bet the Eagles finish ahead of the Bills in most defensive statistical categories next season.

Mace
01-19-2016, 03:14 PM
I bet the Eagles finish ahead of the Bills in most defensive statistical categories next season.

After you took me to school on that Chandler bet, I'll pass on this one. Even more so because I think you're right.

justasportsfan
01-19-2016, 03:18 PM

He most likely wont build a good D faster than Rexy can destroy the probowl talent he had with us.

sudzy
01-19-2016, 04:20 PM

I'd send him to Philly for the back-up place holder. Just to be rid of that salary.

Mace
01-19-2016, 04:29 PM
I'd send him to Philly for the back-up place holder. Just to be rid of that salary.

More likely Whaley would trade him, a 1st and 2 2nds for Mark Sanchez and two 7ths.

BertSquirtgum
01-19-2016, 07:39 PM
Mario ain't going anywhere

Scumbag College
01-19-2016, 07:41 PM

And Kiko back. Throw in that DT Cox, too. If Whaley doesn't make that happen, I'll hate him.

Topas
01-20-2016, 02:21 AM
Why do we talk about Schwartz? Who cares.
We have genius Rex and now also Defense Wizard Rob. And Ed Reed !!!
:rolleyes:

billsburgh
01-20-2016, 06:38 AM
Schwartz taking a shot a Rex and what he did to the D this year?

"Our job as coaches is to put everyone in position that they can be best used. You have to be humble enough from a professional standpoint that you can accept that. The last thing you want to do as a coach is force-feed a scheme on a set of players."

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so74cr

Buffalogic
01-20-2016, 06:46 AM
^ He's right.

Victor7
01-20-2016, 07:57 AM
Eagles won't trade for Mario because the whole world knows we are releasing him. They just have to wait it out and then have Schwartz talk him into going there.

Ditto for the post that said Eagles finish ahead of us in most defensive categories.

But don't worry we have the Ryan brothers !! Its gonna be fun I tell ya !!

FML

Mr. Pink
01-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Eagles won't trade for Mario because the whole world knows we are releasing him. They just have to wait it out and then have Schwartz talk him into going there.

Ditto for the post that said Eagles finish ahead of us in most defensive categories.

But don't worry we have the Ryan brothers !! Its gonna be fun I tell ya !!

FML

Unless the Eagles think another team potentially have interest in him and it forces them into a bidding war for his services.

Even still it would require a massive restructure to the contract for a trade to happen and the compensation would be something along the lines of a conditional 6th round pick.

Mr. Miyagi
01-20-2016, 10:48 AM
I'll take that bet.

We're going to be in year 2 of the scheme with most of the players returning, less Mario and maybe Bradham. Darby will be one year better and Aaron Williams and Gilmore and Kyle returning. Schwartz will be implementing his defense with Chip Kelly players.

YardRat
01-20-2016, 11:07 AM
I'll take that bet.

We're going to be in year 2 of the scheme with most of the players returning, less Mario and maybe Bradham. Darby will be one year better and Aaron Williams and Gilmore and Kyle returning. Schwartz will be implementing his defense with Chip Kelly players.

OK...here are the pertinent categories...

Points per game
Yards per game
Yards per point
1st downs allowed per game
3rd down % allowed
Fumbles recovered
Rush yards per game
Passing yards per game
Sacks
Interceptions
QB rating

MillsapsBillsFan
01-20-2016, 11:27 AM
Unless the Eagles think another team potentially have interest in him and it forces them into a bidding war for his services.

Even still it would require a massive restructure to the contract for a trade to happen and the compensation would be something along the lines of a conditional 6th round pick.

I wouldn't care what we got in return for him. I'd trade him for a couple of practice jerseys if it meant that we didn't have to eat any of his cap hit

Luisito23
01-20-2016, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't care what we got in return for him. I'd trade him for a couple of practice jerseys if it meant that we didn't have to eat any of his cap hit

Exactly...The guy's worthless and a crybaby who makes waaaaay to much than he actually deserves.

justasportsfan
01-20-2016, 11:55 AM
I'll take that bet.

Schwartz made Pettine (rank 10) to #4 in his 1st year. Wade took a # 3 D and made it no.1 in his 1st year .

Rex grabbed that bills #4 ranked D and made them 19 all in 1 year. :ill:

Victor7
01-20-2016, 03:48 PM

I thought about that but then I though Mario was so good in JS's system that he might consider him before anyone else even if the money is less. Not a lot less obviously but something reasonable.

Agreed on the restructure. All the more reason why it won't happen and he'll just be released.

BertSquirtgum
01-20-2016, 07:33 PM

For sure, it was.

Mace
01-20-2016, 07:36 PM
For sure, it was.

And as well he should.

Mouldsie
01-23-2016, 02:18 PM

This is why Gailey was my favorite OC.

USC_Gamecock
01-25-2016, 07:42 AM
Our defense is going to suck next year. Offense will be good -- but they won't be able to bail out the defense.

5-11.

Mouldsie
01-25-2016, 09:00 PM
Sabremetrics formula predicts us for 8 wins.