• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Mid Round OT Bills will Probably Like

Fahn Cooper Ole Miss

guy played left tackle against Bama while Tunsil was out. If you want to see more games of his watch Tunsil and then look at RT. I think he will go somewhere in round 4 to 6, but this looks like a Whaley guy. Only thing I see holding him back is foot speed, but looking at the LSU game it appears the guy has enough lateral quickness.

Let me know if you guys find a game where he gets abused. i did not see it in the LSU game but I either missed or did not watch the game he sucked.
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: Mid Round OT Bills will Probably Like

Depends an awful lot on Whaley deciding his young guys Kouandjio and Henderson aren't good enough and he doesn't admit mistakes well. I'd like to see them go o-line earlier, like the 3rd, figuring they'll go defense first two so Rex can get his Ryan guys, safety and dl. Actually I'd like to see them go ol earlier, but I'm not thinking it happens.

Comment

• Scumbag College
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
      Depends an awful lot on Whaley deciding his young guys Kouandjio and Henderson aren't good enough and he doesn't admit mistakes well. I'd like to see them go o-line earlier, like the 3rd, figuring they'll go defense first two so Rex can get his Ryan guys, safety and dl. Actually I'd like to see them go ol earlier, but I'm not thinking it happens.
      I don't think we can count on Henderson for anything due to his medical issues (if he can come back, great) and I think Kujo has one more offseason and training camp to show any type of life or he is a goner, not just from Buffalo but probably the NFL. I like Jordan Mills, he was the best RT the Bills fielded this year IMO and wouldn't mind keeping him around and having him, Kujo, a healthy Hendu, and possibly a mid round pick/middle of the road FA to come in and fight for the #1 and #2 RT spots.

Obviously, keeping the left side of the OL should be the top priority this offseason.
      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• DesertFox24
        • Jul 2005

Oh I like Henderson and I thought Cyrus played well when he played. The bills did
        Not for some reason.

Henderson had first round talent and could be really good if he can get Crohn's disease under control. I knew a few people with it and it is debilitating.

That is why I said a late round flyer on a guy with a lot of starts and has some ability like this guy. Just in case and maybe we can develop him.

I honestly feel like if we can resign Glenn and Ritchie this whole draft might be defense with one qb sprinkled in late.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

If he's projected as a 4 to 6, Whaley will take him in the 2nd.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            If he's projected as a 4 to 6, Whaley will take him in the 2nd.

Other than EJ Manuel can you give examples of Doug Whaley reaching to draft players

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

We can build an oline with undrafted free agents.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                We can build an oline with undrafted free agents.
                Plus a fat guy or two from Duff's.

Our history shows us that the Bills are far smarter than the rest of the league in evaluating OL talent and can coach talent-less slow witted fat bastards into Pro Bowlers.

Just look at the long list of Pro Bowl OLs we have had over the past 20 years.
                Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2016, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Is he a turnstile?

We only like those type of offensive lineman...if he can actually block then he's not on the radar.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                    • Jul 2005

Ok apparently serious draft talk with people who actually watch players has not started yet.

I enjoy the draft process and debating players, anyone want to talk about a specific player or positions please start a thread or PM me.

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
                      • Mar 2015

Watched the LSU game, he wasn't abused but there were some issues that will need fixing. All are pretty easily fixable if he's under a good coach

#1 issue is his hands at point of attack - his punch is often either too early or far too late (usually the seconds) which allows rushers to get into his body and leads to point #2, his leverage, he seemed to struggle with the bull rush, and I saw him get stonewalled by DE's and LB's a little more than I'd like (could be a number of reasons for that, I think its a combo of playing a little too high and stopping feet on contact)
                      #3 - Feet aren't bad, but as I mentioned they seem to stop on contact a lot and he has a huge problem with sudden change of direction

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                      Ok apparently serious draft talk with people who actually watch players has not started yet.

I enjoy the draft process and debating players, anyone want to talk about a specific player or positions please start a thread or PM me.
                      I can talk about O-Line all day, not quite as good on other positions

Comment

• DesertFox24
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by MillsapsBillsFan View Post
                        Watched the LSU game, he wasn't abused but there were some issues that will need fixing. All are pretty easily fixable if he's under a good coach

#1 issue is his hands at point of attack - his punch is often either too early or far too late (usually the seconds) which allows rushers to get into his body and leads to point #2, his leverage, he seemed to struggle with the bull rush, and I saw him get stonewalled by DE's and LB's a little more than I'd like (could be a number of reasons for that, I think its a combo of playing a little too high and stopping feet on contact)
                        #3 - Feet aren't bad, but as I mentioned they seem to stop on contact a lot and he has a huge problem with sudden change of direction

- - - Updated - - -

I can talk about O-Line all day, not quite as good on other positions
                        I am not an OL guru but I did notice the hand thing. What did you think of his anchor I did not see him bull rushed? Wanted to see him vs bama

Comment

• cookie G
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post

With all due respect, one of the tenets of this thread was to use nearly an entire draft on defensive players, attempting to "rebuild" what had been the 4th ranked D in the league. (and the best pass rushing D).

Premise no. 2 was to "get by" in the mid to late rounds on the OL, and maybe a QB in the late rounds.

As many of us have watched this scenario play out repeatedly over the past 16 years, I'm not sure what kind of reception were were expecting.

As to Fahn Cooper...bad motherf***er

2555195.jpg

If he works out, I'll be the first to buy him a Big Kahuna burger.

And he is impressing some at the Shrine Bowl practices.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                            • Mar 2013

Fahn Cooper isn't even listed in these draft rankings.

Draft Utopia's 2021 NFL Offensive Tackle Rankings ranks the top 20 offensive tackles for the 2021 NFL Draft.

I like Halapoulivaati Vaitai in the 5th round.

The Bills need a Samoan with a little Italian in him to keep Incognito on the straight and narrow.

Lots of potential picks for offensive tackle in this draft.

If the Bills can't sign Cordy Glenn, I think they will be forced to draft a tackle within the first 3 rounds.

Jack Conklin is definitely on the Bills radar. His only problem is that he looks too much like a nice guy.

If he got some dreads and didn't smile, Conklin would be much more aesthetically pleasing to the football eye.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                              • Jul 2005

Well it is still early in the draft process and those draft sites and kipers of the world really don't k ow a darn thing.

Cooper is playing awesome at the east west game the same game John Miller dominated during practice as well.

High picks should be used on defense no disagreement. That said we do need to get a OL at some point and I think this guy could be a good option. I don't think he could be a guard as I don't think he has ability to pull. But he does anchor well and could be an option as a fourth tackle and maybe fourth guard in a pinch.

Comment

Working...
                              X