Bills Hire Kathryn Smith - ST Quality Control Coach - 1st Ever Full-Time Female Asst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Bills Hire Kathryn Smith - ST Quality Control Coach - 1st Ever Full-Time Female Asst

The Cardinals made significant waves at the outset of the season, hiring Jenn Welter to serve as a training-camp assistant coach, working with inside linebackers.

The Cardinals made significant waves at the outset of the season, hiring Jenn Welter to serve as a training-camp assistant coach, working with inside linebackers. When camp ended, so did Welter’s assignment. The Bills are now taking the next step in the evolution of female football coaches.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Bills have hired Kathryn Smith to serve as a special teams quality control coach. She becomes the first full-time female assistant coach in NFL history.

The position was made official with the league office on Tuesday, and the Bills have not yet issued a formal announcement of the move.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Bills Hire Kathryn Smith - ST Quality Control Coach - 1st Ever Full-Time Female A

This team is interested in making news instead of winning, I'm used to it, but damn, I thought things would change with Pegula here.

Instead, they just gotten worst.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Re: Bills Hire Kathryn Smith - ST Quality Control Coach - 1st Ever Full-Time Female A

Originally posted by Luisito23 View Post
      This team is interested in making news instead of winning, I'm used to it, but damn, I thought things would change with Pegula here.

I don't know if it's fair to classify this as making news. She's been in football for quite a while now and this is an entry-level coaching position. She clearly has impressed Rex Ryan more and she has more sideline and pro personnel experience than Ed Reed does.

Why not give her a shot if she's earned it?
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

How have things gotten worse?

We've been eating gottenworst liver sausage since 1999.

What's wrong with having a little less gottenworst liver sausage and and replacing it with more roast beef curtains?

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Aside from cheer leading, women have no place anywhere near a football field.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I'd be more impressed with this hire if it wasn't just another bus ride west from New Jersey...

Smith worked as the administrative assistant to coach Rex Ryan in 2015, a position she also held during Ryan’s final year with the Jets. Before that, she spent seven years as a player personnel assistant with the Jets. Previously, she was a game day/special events intern and a college scouting intern.

...spreading more of Pegula's wealth amongst friends.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Not even as a trainer? You'd rather have a dude touching your injured groin?

Coaches don't get close and personal like trainers do, so I don't see what the problem is.

Special teams quality control coach is the kind of job that entails what?

This is just a guess, but secretary comes to mind.

Women are better secretaries than men by nature.

I like this move.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                I'd be more impressed with this hire if it wasn't just another bus ride west from New Jersey...

Smith worked as the administrative assistant to coach Rex Ryan in 2015, a position she also held during Ryan’s final year with the Jets. Before that, she spent seven years as a player personnel assistant with the Jets. Previously, she was a game day/special events intern and a college scouting intern.

...spreading more of Pegula's wealth amongst friends.
                She was with the Bills last year and she was Administrative Assistant for Coaching. Rex Ryan's Assistant is Laura Young.

Buffalo Bills: The official source for Bills front office and staff members.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

No offense to her or her abilities, but this just looks like a Rex Ryan "look what I did folks !" hire. It has less to do with her in my perspective than it does with Ryan. I'm fine with it on merit, if it is, but I just don't trust Ryan whatever.

If she's good, she'd better be stellar because Ryan isn't going anywhere quick, imho and it's going to take a big broom to clear away his dirt when it happens, and all he probably did is make her a footnote, no pun intended, though it's sitting there anyway.

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

I'm gonna guess bucks
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                      She was with the Bills last year and she was Administrative Assistant for Coaching. Rex Ryan's Assistant is Laura Young.

http://www.buffalobills.com/about-us/front-office.html
                      I know that, it's the part of the article I quoted. She also worked for Wrecks during his tenure with the Jets.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                        • Sep 2003

I bet she has nice feet!

Comment

• yanklovver
                          • May 2011

You are an IDIOT!....go back in the hole, you came out of!...Loser!

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Since we're a circus act, it's time to bring in Bill Murray. WTF. Why not. We got Rex's brother. Imagine Bill Murray, then Dan Akryod, Bill Clinton, the Rex brothers, and Paula Abdul as cheerleading coach. Yeah, yeah that's the ticket. Maybe we can bring in Watts from NASA in the movie Armageddon to kick these big 300LB + players in the nuts when they act up. Maybe Russ can get Terry a movie gig with Costner.
                            I've got nothing against the hire, but tiring of the circus act.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                              Since we're a circus act, it's time to bring in Bill Murray. WTF. Why not. We got Rex's brother. Imagine Bill Murray, then Dan Akryod, Bill Clinton, the Rex brothers, and Paula Abdul as cheerleading coach. Yeah, yeah that's the ticket. Maybe we can bring in Watts from NASA in the movie Armageddon to kick these big 300LB + players in the nuts when they act up. Maybe Russ can get Terry a movie gig with Costner.
                              I've got nothing against the hire, but tiring of the circus act.

Originally posted by alohabillsfan View Post
                              I bet she has nice feet!

Nice to come into this thread and see that the stupid is running strong tonight.

Congrats to the neanderthals posting here already. I hope your knuckles don't bleed too much from dragging on the ground.
                              Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 01-20-2016, 07:06 PM.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X