PDA

View Full Version : How Rich is Terry Pegula?

Ginger Vitis
01-23-2016, 03:08 PM
http://www.therichest.com/sports/football-sports/top-10-richest-nfl-owners-in-2015/

I was surprised that Pegula came in 7th out of 32 owners with a net worth of $ 4 billion... I thought he would be lower on the list I wrongly assumed NFL owners are richer than they are

The thing that I thought was puzzling is posters on this site who think $22 million is peanuts to a guy like Pegula and he could fired Ryan easily and not worry about absorbing that money.. Well that is a ****load of money to waste even to a billionaire like Pegula... Paul Allen however of the Seahawks is more than twice as rich (17 billion) as the next guy Kroenke (7.6 Billion)

BillsImpossible
01-23-2016, 03:18 PM
When it comes to owners having big bucks I think of the Dallas Cowboys, and New York Rangers.

Money can't buy championships. Good management wins championships.

Ginger Vitis
01-23-2016, 03:27 PM
Money can't buy championships. Good management wins championships.

Kroenke became the sole owner of the Rams in 2010 and they have not made any playoff appearances since... Stephen Ross(3rd richest NFL owner 6.5 billion) became owner of the Dolphins in 2008 and in his ownership the dolphins have only made the playoffs once.. Doesn't matter how rich your owner is I guess if you don't have a Top 10 QB

YardRat
01-23-2016, 03:40 PM
I thought Pegula was #4 on the list last season when he bought the team.

Mace
01-23-2016, 04:01 PM
I thought Pegula was #4 on the list last season when he bought the team.

Think he was, but bought the team. It's hard to make too much of the list year to year because most of them have transitory business activity coming and going, besides Paul Allen and Kroenke, who I'm pretty sure are going to be 1-2 for a long while. You'll see some changes again by the next ranking if Pegula drills a couple more wells, HarborCenter keeps maturing and such...

YardRat
01-23-2016, 04:05 PM
Think he was, but bought the team. It's hard to make too much of the list year to year because most of them have transitory business activity coming and going, besides Paul Allen and Kroenke, who I'm pretty sure are going to be 1-2 for a long while. You'll see some changes again by the next ranking if Pegula drills a couple more wells, HarborCenter keeps maturing and such...

Ironically, Pegula's purchase price of the Bills is probably the main factor in driving up the value of the Patriots and Cowboys, allowing Jones and Kraft to leap-frog Terry in the standings.

swiper
01-24-2016, 04:03 AM
This is all common knowledge.

Goobylal
01-24-2016, 12:41 PM
Ironically, Pegula's purchase price of the Bills is probably the main factor in driving up the value of the Patriots and Cowboys, allowing Jones and Kraft to leap-frog Terry in the standings.

Yup. Almost all their net worth is tied into their ownership of their teams. Finding someone to buy them after they pass will be tough.

HAMMER
01-26-2016, 07:54 AM
Pegula has taken a big hit to his net worth this last year with oil/gas prices down so much.

WagonCircler
01-26-2016, 10:59 AM
Pegula has taken a big hit to his net worth this last year with oil/gas prices down so much.

Pegula sold his oil/gas company company.

After working for a time for Getty Oil and Felmont Oil Co., Pegula founded East Resources, a natural gas drilling company, with $7,500 from family and friends. It profited heavily upon discovery of deep layers of natural gas in the Marcellus Formation and development of the hydraulic fracturing recovery process. Pegula eventually sold the Pennsylvania, New York, and Rocky Mountain assets of the company to Royal Dutch Shell for approximately $4.7 billion. He sold the Ohio and West Virginia assets of the company to American Energy Partners for $1.75 billion in 2014.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrence_Pegula

Soooooo, there's that...

daryls61
01-26-2016, 11:48 AM

I am not so sure about that. He seems to have sold most of those assets so the drop in price probably didn't change his net worth much.

feldspar
01-26-2016, 02:07 PM
Pegula has more money than God.

Why split hairs?

trapezeus
01-27-2016, 12:15 PM

probably not. he sold the rights when nat gas was much higher. his worthshould be market neutral to gas unless he purchased other nat gas companies after the sale to shell.

stuckincincy
01-27-2016, 12:37 PM
I would be pleased if he made an offer on my house.

Typ0
01-27-2016, 12:47 PM
http://www.therichest.com/sports/football-sports/top-10-richest-nfl-owners-in-2015/

I was surprised that Pegula came in 7th out of 32 owners with a net worth of $ 4 billion... I thought he would be lower on the list I wrongly assumed NFL owners are richer than they are

The thing that I thought was puzzling is posters on this site who think $22 million is peanuts to a guy like Pegula and he could fired Ryan easily and not worry about absorbing that money.. Well that is a ****load of money to waste even to a billionaire like Pegula... Paul Allen however of the Seahawks is more than twice as rich (17 billion) as the next guy Kroenke (7.6 Billion)

The cost benefit of that $22M adds up pretty fast if ticket sales are lost and TV revenues go down. It might not really be as big of a number as we think ...

DraftBoy
01-28-2016, 03:01 PM
Pegula sold his oil/gas company company.

After working for a time for Getty Oil and Felmont Oil Co., Pegula founded East Resources, a natural gas drilling company, with $7,500 from family and friends. It profited heavily upon discovery of deep layers of natural gas in the Marcellus Formation and development of the hydraulic fracturing recovery process. Pegula eventually sold the Pennsylvania, New York, and Rocky Mountain assets of the company to Royal Dutch Shell for approximately $4.7 billion. He sold the Ohio and West Virginia assets of the company to American Energy Partners for $1.75 billion in 2014.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrence_Pegula

Soooooo, there's that...

Yea but what you cut out of the wiki post was that next sentence which says that he owns Greater Rocky Mountain Regional Oil & Gas in Colorado and Wyoming, and JKLM Energy in Pennsylvania. He sold most of his oil/gas holdings, but not all.

Frenchman
01-28-2016, 04:30 PM
He seems to have all the money in the world!

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-28-2016, 05:12 PM
richer than me. that's for sure

YardRat
01-28-2016, 05:15 PM
He has to still have assets in oil and gas companies, otherwise he wouldn't be able to 'just drill another well'.