X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

How Rich is Terry Pegula?

I was surprised that Pegula came in 7th out of 32 owners with a net worth of $ 4 billion... I thought he would be lower on the list I wrongly assumed NFL owners are richer than they are

The thing that I thought was puzzling is posters on this site who think $22 million is peanuts to a guy like Pegula and he could fired Ryan easily and not worry about absorbing that money.. Well that is a ****load of money to waste even to a billionaire like Pegula... Paul Allen however of the Seahawks is more than twice as rich (17 billion) as the next guy Kroenke (7.6 Billion)
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Re: How Rich is Terry Pegula?

When it comes to owners having big bucks I think of the Dallas Cowboys, and New York Rangers.

Money can't buy championships. Good management wins championships.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post

Money can't buy championships. Good management wins championships.
      Kroenke became the sole owner of the Rams in 2010 and they have not made any playoff appearances since... Stephen Ross(3rd richest NFL owner 6.5 billion) became owner of the Dolphins in 2008 and in his ownership the dolphins have only made the playoffs once.. Doesn't matter how rich your owner is I guess if you don't have a Top 10 QB

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I thought Pegula was #4 on the list last season when he bought the team.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          I thought Pegula was #4 on the list last season when he bought the team.
          Think he was, but bought the team. It's hard to make too much of the list year to year because most of them have transitory business activity coming and going, besides Paul Allen and Kroenke, who I'm pretty sure are going to be 1-2 for a long while. You'll see some changes again by the next ranking if Pegula drills a couple more wells, HarborCenter keeps maturing and such...

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
            Think he was, but bought the team. It's hard to make too much of the list year to year because most of them have transitory business activity coming and going, besides Paul Allen and Kroenke, who I'm pretty sure are going to be 1-2 for a long while. You'll see some changes again by the next ranking if Pegula drills a couple more wells, HarborCenter keeps maturing and such...
            Ironically, Pegula's purchase price of the Bills is probably the main factor in driving up the value of the Patriots and Cowboys, allowing Jones and Kraft to leap-frog Terry in the standings.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

This is all common knowledge.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Ironically, Pegula's purchase price of the Bills is probably the main factor in driving up the value of the Patriots and Cowboys, allowing Jones and Kraft to leap-frog Terry in the standings.
                Yup. Almost all their net worth is tied into their ownership of their teams. Finding someone to buy them after they pass will be tough.

Comment

• HAMMER
                  I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                  • Jul 2003

Pegula has taken a big hit to his net worth this last year with oil/gas prices down so much.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
                    Pegula has taken a big hit to his net worth this last year with oil/gas prices down so much.
                    Pegula sold his oil/gas company company.

After working for a time for Getty Oil and Felmont Oil Co., Pegula founded East Resources, a natural gas drilling company, with $7,500 from family and friends. It profited heavily upon discovery of deep layers of natural gas in the Marcellus Formation and development of the hydraulic fracturing recovery process. Pegula eventually sold the Pennsylvania, New York, and Rocky Mountain assets of the company to Royal Dutch Shell for approximately $4.7 billion. He sold the Ohio and West Virginia assets of the company to American Energy Partners for $1.75 billion in 2014.[14]

Soooooo, there's that...

Comment

• daryls61
                      • Jan 2013

I am not so sure about that. He seems to have sold most of those assets so the drop in price probably didn't change his net worth much.
                      The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

Pegula has more money than God.

Why split hairs?

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

probably not. he sold the rights when nat gas was much higher. his worthshould be market neutral to gas unless he purchased other nat gas companies after the sale to shell.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

I would be pleased if he made an offer on my house.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                              http://www.therichest.com/sports/foo...wners-in-2015/

I was surprised that Pegula came in 7th out of 32 owners with a net worth of $ 4 billion... I thought he would be lower on the list I wrongly assumed NFL owners are richer than they are

The thing that I thought was puzzling is posters on this site who think $22 million is peanuts to a guy like Pegula and he could fired Ryan easily and not worry about absorbing that money.. Well that is a ****load of money to waste even to a billionaire like Pegula... Paul Allen however of the Seahawks is more than twice as rich (17 billion) as the next guy Kroenke (7.6 Billion)
                              The cost benefit of that $22M adds up pretty fast if ticket sales are lost and TV revenues go down. It might not really be as big of a number as we think ...

Comment

Working...
                              X