PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Wade Phillips

Mike
01-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Congrats to beating the Pats, having a Top D and going to SB 50

Boys this is what a Real Defense looks like
The Denver D won the game today, they beat one of the best QBs of all time while being limit on offense

I remember the 1999 Bills D with Wade and that Defense was also super dominant.

Looking forward to SB 50

Mike
01-24-2016, 08:12 PM
Wade & Broncos D totally earned this
they deserve this

Congrats Wade
your one of the top defensive minds in football

feldspar
01-24-2016, 08:53 PM
Yes, our old pal Wade is at the top of the list as to why the Broncos are going to the Super Bowl. No doubt. Good for him.

BertSquirtgum
01-25-2016, 12:32 AM
Carolina is going to crush denver like seattle did, unfortunately. Today's game was a statement to their opponent.

Ingtar33
01-25-2016, 12:55 AM
Carolina is going to crush denver like seattle did, unfortunately. Today's game was a statement to their opponent.

yep. Unless Carolina just straight up folds they'll destroy the broncos something terrible. BOTH NFC champ teams would have won against any team in the AFC; this year's superbowl was played in the NFC championship game. the broncos are 3.5 point dogs, put your house up for mortgage and all that money down on the Panthers. they'll win by double digits guaranteed. sucker bet of the year right now. no way that line stays at 3.5

pmoon6
01-25-2016, 01:47 AM
I hate this "Best QB's of All Time" BS. How good would they be if they played when receivers paid for going over the middle, PI not called if you put just a finger on the receiver and the QB being an over protected little girl with holding allowed for the Superstars' protectors?

YardRat
01-25-2016, 03:52 AM
Both Manning and Brady would have already been retired or beaten to a pulp.

Historian
01-25-2016, 04:35 AM
Congrats to Wade.

The only Bills coach to never have a losing season here.

swiper
01-25-2016, 05:14 AM
Phillips & DeHaven were not bad coaches. It's just how the Bills tend to use everyone wrong. Phillips was classic. He's a great DC. Proven repeatedly. But he's not a good head coach. Proven repeatedly.

And firing DeHaven over the Music City Miracle? Was stupid then, and still is.

Cali512
01-25-2016, 07:11 AM
I could of sworn Phillips was forced to get rid of DeHaven and didn't want to

justasportsfan
01-25-2016, 07:35 AM
Defenses - Win - Championships !!!!!!!!!

This is why we hired Rexy.
He is going to take our no. 4 ranked D and improve on it to make it no. 1. He's going to build a bully!

Oh wait!!!!
He made it 19. We got bullied by the nerd's younger nerdy sister( Jax) There's always next year. Maybe he'll make it no. 10 and if there's a 3rd year, he'll make it no. 4. Back to where we freaking started.

USC_Gamecock
01-25-2016, 07:44 AM
Congrats to beating the Pats, having a Top D and going to SB 50

Boys this is what a Real Defense looks like
The Denver D won the game today, they beat one of the best QBs of all time while being limit on offense

I remember the 1999 Bills D with Wade and that Defense was also super dominant.

Looking forward to SB 50

Screw Wade Phillips -- not having the sack to start Flutie over RoJo. Has he ever issued a public apology?

Historian
01-25-2016, 07:57 AM
I could of sworn Phillips was forced to get rid of DeHaven and didn't want to

Ronny Jones, the guy who succeeded DeHaven.

feldspar
01-25-2016, 09:09 AM
Screw Wade Phillips -- not having the sack to start Flutie over RoJo. Has he ever issued a public apology?

I'm pretty sure that was all Ralph, and Wade had no choice.

We had the number 1 defense that year. But I have heard Wade say that the Bills would have won that game had Flutie played. I agree with him totally.

Mike
01-25-2016, 09:51 AM
I recall that 1999 Bills defense so fondly

Thats was an awesome defense
King's of the 3&out
They we're a classic

Since then, we have had a few good defenses where we ranked in top 5 but those D's didn't hold a candle to that 99 defense

Mike
01-25-2016, 09:53 AM
What's must interest in this that this is Wade's 2nd trip to SB as D coordinator for ....
the Denver Broncos

Last time Wade went to SB it was 25years ago when Denver faced the 49ers.

sudzy
01-25-2016, 02:54 PM
Wade sure knows defense. What happened here? Joe Pendry and Ronnie Jones. Nuff said.

Mace
01-25-2016, 05:44 PM
Ronny Jones, the guy who succeeded DeHaven.

Incidentally, regarding Ronnie Jones, the ST coach Wade refused to fire, he went to Ottawa for a year (KC Collegiate athletic conference, coming off a 9-0 record they went 6-4 under Jones as HC), then West Texas A&M (5-27, HC Lone Star Conference), and for the past 9 years has worked at Arlington Martin high school as DC.

Made no sense for Wade not to just fire him.

Great DC, not so good HC.

BillsImpossible
01-25-2016, 08:13 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d-sALU_hveA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stuckincincy
01-27-2016, 12:35 PM
I'm pretty sure Phillips makes it into the HOF at some point. Like Dick LeBeau, their HC record wasn't best, but what an impact they both had on defense performance...

pmoon6
01-27-2016, 01:04 PM
I'm pretty sure Phillips makes it into the HOF at some point. Like Dick LeBeau, their HC record wasn't best, but what an impact they both had on defense performance...Doubtful. Great coordinators don't make it in the Hall unless the had success as a HC. Most HCs don't make it unless they've won a SB. If you exclude the pre-SB coaches like Halas, Brown and Lambeau, only four have made it. George Allen, Marv, Bud Grant and Sid Gillman. Gillman is the father of the modern passing game, Marv and Bud made it to four. Ditka isn't, Johnson isn't, Reeves isn't and he went to four. Buddy Ryan isn't and he was a great DC. His Dad isn't and he was a very good HC.

stuckincincy
01-27-2016, 01:35 PM
Doubtful. Great coordinators don't make it in the Hall unless the had success as a HC. Most HCs don't make it unless they've won a SB. If you exclude the pre-SB coaches like Halas, Brown and Lambeau, only four have made it. George Allen, Marv, Bud Grant and Sid Gillman. Gillman is the father of the modern passing game, Marv and Bud made it to four. Ditka isn't, Johnson isn't, Reeves isn't and he went to four. Buddy Ryan isn't and he was a great DC. His Dad isn't and he was a very good HC.

Perhaps. But today's NFL is all about aggrandizement and brand promotion. "American Idol" on a football field...

There was a snappy line delivered by the star of the popular tv show "Elementary". The Sherlock character observed "What used to pass for mere competence is now hailed as genius."

Quite a biting (and valid) societal comment, I daresay.

Luisito23
01-27-2016, 01:51 PM
LOL...Wade isn't going into no HOF.

pmoon6
01-27-2016, 02:47 PM
Perhaps. But today's NFL is all about aggrandizement and brand promotion. "American Idol" on a football field...

There was a snappy line delivered by the star of the popular tv show "Elementary". The Sherlock character observed "What used to pass for mere competence is now hailed as genius."

Quite a biting (and valid) societal comment, I daresay.Very true and that's why I said "doubtful".

The Hall voters have a short memory as well. They forget about players that were over looked decades before in favor of recent players that are more recognizable to todays' fan.