• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Florida State reaches settlement with Jameis Winston's accuser

Florida State said Monday that it is settling a lawsuit with the former student who alleged she was sexually assaulted by former Seminoles star quarterback Jameis Winston.

Florida State has settled a federal Title IX lawsuit with the former student who alleged that former quarterback Jameis Winston sexually assaulted her in December 2012.
    The school will pay $950,000, which attorneys for accuser Erica Kinsman say is the largest payment in history to a single plaintiff claiming a school's indifference to a sexual assault allegation. The settlement agreement says Kinsman will receive $250,000, and her attorneys will get $700,000, though the agreement notes that may not be the actual split of the total settlement.
    Kinsman attorney John Clune said his client will receive more than $250,000, adding that FSU is using that breakdown to justify its payment.
    Last edited by YardRat; 01-25-2016, 03:28 PM.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Blondie
    Smarter than most men here :-)
    • Aug 2012

Re: Florida State reaches settlement with Jameis Winston's accuser

Awesome!
    I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Good for them.

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

SO the attorneys get 700k of it? Nice billable hours. And how much did Jameis pay? Ya know, the supposed sexual assaulter?

If I was out late at night and left an establishment only to get mugged in the establishment owned parking lot... i could sue the establishment for a million? And My attorneys would take 75% of that? How much would me defense cost for my murder trial for supposedly killing my attorneys be?
        Last edited by sukie; 01-26-2016, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• Blondie
          Smarter than most men here :-)
          • Aug 2012

I thought an attorney could'nt take more than a 3rd?? Or is that just personal injury claims?
          I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• sukie
            Seriously?
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
            I thought an attorney couldn't take more than a 3rd?? Or is that just personal injury claims?
            Perhaps the 1/3rd of the award is in addition to the fees for services rendered...

Comment

Working...
            X