PDA

View Full Version : Whaley to TBN Dunne - QB maybe

Mace
01-26-2016, 04:52 PM
"We'll do it because if you look at it, unfortunately we have two quarterbacks on the roster and both of them are entering the last year of their contract," he said. "If it presents itself, it makes sense and it's a guy we like, and we believe in, absolutely."

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/26/bills-would-absolutely-consider-drafting-a-qb-early-in-the-draft/

No way to tell what he's really thinking, but should excite those hopeful for a QB this draft.

justasportsfan
01-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Wentz in the 2nd

tomz
01-26-2016, 07:07 PM
Wentz in the 2nd
At the rate the hype is building, Wentz will only last to the 2nd PICK.

Mace
01-26-2016, 07:14 PM
Just in the simulator, if they have time to develop someone, and I'm not sure this staff can, I keep drifting to Cardale Jones 3rd or 4th round.

Night Train
01-26-2016, 07:46 PM
I heard what he said...which is absolutely nothing. Will say the same thing about any position.

But by all means...read into it ! So many truths, pre-draft. :rolleyes:

Scumbag College
01-26-2016, 09:25 PM
I've watched some of the national media coverage near the end of the year, and it is an overwhelming sentiment from the pundits that the Bills found a franchise QB.

With Whaley's recent history of making big moves, is it too far out of the realm of possibility that Tyrod might be traded for a high draft pick to a QB starved team and the Bills use this draft pick or package possible firsts to move up to take one of the top QBs? With Tyrod making the pro bowl this year and a really low salary in 2016, I could see a team wanting to give up a first and work out a long term deal with him.

FWIW, I like Tyrod and think that he is a solid QB already, thus the Pro Bowl selection even as an alternate. But, the thought of a guy like Wentz has to be intriguing in Roman's offense. I think that Ryan is already sold on Tyrod, but if Whaley and the Pegulas have other ideas and aren't necessarily married to the thought of another four years of Sexy Rexy as head coach, that might be an option that's in play.

Oaf
01-26-2016, 11:39 PM
Like Hack or Hogan from Stanford in the mid rounds.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-27-2016, 05:28 AM
I've watched some of the national media coverage near the end of the year, and it is an overwhelming sentiment from the pundits that the Bills found a franchise QB.

With Whaley's recent history of making big moves, is it too far out of the realm of possibility that Tyrod might be traded for a high draft pick to a QB starved team and the Bills use this draft pick or package possible firsts to move up to take one of the top QBs? With Tyrod making the pro bowl this year and a really low salary in 2016, I could see a team wanting to give up a first and work out a long term deal with him.

FWIW, I like Tyrod and think that he is a solid QB already, thus the Pro Bowl selection even as an alternate. But, the thought of a guy like Wentz has to be intriguing in Roman's offense. I think that Ryan is already sold on Tyrod, but if Whaley and the Pegulas have other ideas and aren't necessarily married to the thought of another four years of Sexy Rexy as head coach, that might be an option that's in play.

No chance of that happening, unless they know about Tyrod something we don't. Tyrod certainly falls into the category of "a QB you can win games with", i.e. better than a game manager. Despite a disappointing finish for the Bills, the national sense of the Bills team is of a talented squad that now has competent quarterbacking. A break out season next year is well within the reach.

I do see Whaley takes a pro-active approach to QB in drafting. In prior regimes, they would've given Tyrod a big contract already. But Whaley publicly stated a more "show me" attitude about Tyrod. We may still see a relatively high draft pick spent on a QB (round 2-4, like Trent Edwards pick) for development purpose.

BillsImpossible
01-27-2016, 05:36 PM
I love Tyrod Taylor, and he's likely to get even better next year.

The only problem I have with Tyrod is his size and durability over the next decade.

Can he stay in the pocket and take hit after hit like Brady and Manning did last week?

Cam Newton is the prototype NFL QB. The dude is huge!

The NFL is a copycat league. Big athletic QB's are obviously trending.

I don't think Lynch, Wentz, or Goff will be on the board come pick 19.

Love the idea of drafting Jones in the 3rd or 4th round, Mace!

Mouldsie
01-31-2016, 09:21 PM
Just in the simulator, if they have time to develop someone, and I'm not sure this staff can, I keep drifting to Cardale Jones 3rd or 4th round.
Waste of a pick

YardRat
02-01-2016, 04:22 AM
If your team doesn't have an established QB, there's no such thing as wasting a pick on one in the draft.

DraftBoy
02-01-2016, 04:44 AM
If your team doesn't have an established QB, there's no such thing as wasting a pick on one in the draft.

Even with one, I'm a firm believer in bringing in a QB annually. The position is too important not to have options.

WagonCircler
02-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Wentz in the 2nd

Wentz is going to Dallas in the first.

Mouldsie
06-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Waste of a pick
Stand by this. Accuracy and Instincts don't just suddenly develop in training camps