PDA

View Full Version : Dak Prescott

Cali512
01-27-2016, 11:10 PM
Thoughts? He had to make multiple reads in college, can run, and is tough as ****

X-Era
01-28-2016, 04:12 AM
Thoughts? He had to make multiple reads in college, can run, and is tough as ****Low interest. I think he may be a mid or even late round pick. I think there may be other prospects sitting there in the mid to late rounds that grade out better. Needs to improve his decision making and not telegraph throws. He may be more of a runner than a solid passer at this point.

Luisito23
01-28-2016, 04:49 AM
Yeah, there will be much better prospects available than Prescott.

Seen enough of him to know that we can do a lot better.

X-Era
01-28-2016, 05:39 AM
This draft is one where you hope to find a Russell Wilson. A mid round guy that looks like a career backup but comes into the league and flourishes. I know you'll see buzz around Wentz, Lynch, and Goff. But, I don't see any sure fire or even likely franchise guys personally.

I'll say it this way, it looks to be deep in career backups.

Would I draft a QB this year? Yes. But I'd spend a mid-rounder on a guy that we "just have a feeling about" knowing he's likely to never become anything more than a backup...

If you absolutely have to come out of this draft with your QB of the future this is not your draft.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-28-2016, 08:08 AM
This draft is one where you hope to find a Russell Wilson. A mid round guy that looks like a career backup but comes into the league and flourishes. I know you'll see buzz around Wentz, Lynch, and Goff. But, I don't see any sure fire or even likely franchise guys personally.

I'll say it this way, it looks to be deep in career backups.

Would I draft a QB this year? Yes. But I'd spend a mid-rounder on a guy that we "just have a feeling about" knowing he's likely to never become anything more than a backup...

If you absolutely have to come out of this draft with your QB of the future this is not your draft.

Russell Wilson is a special case. Everyone knew Wilson had all the mental tools to succeed in the NFL. He had mastered two offenses (including Wisconsin's pro style) and been the most efficient passer in the NCAA his senior year. The only concern about him whatsoever was his height. It was said at the time, and was almost certainly true, is that if Wilson had been 4 inches taller he would have been a top 5 pick.

Is Prescott or anyone that guy? I don't know.

kingJofNYC
01-28-2016, 08:46 AM
The black Tebow

Night Train
01-28-2016, 09:03 AM
This draft is one where you hope to find a Russell Wilson.

Vernon Adams-Oregon MVP of the Shrine Bowl

Only 5-9/5-10 like Wilson. Mobile. Cannon arm. Looks off safties with his eyes, then fires a dart. Sign me up.

Bill Cody
01-28-2016, 10:34 AM
Buzz at Senior Bowl about Carson Wentz

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/01/2016_nfl_draft_should_eagles_trade_up_for_carson_w.html

Cali512
01-29-2016, 09:53 AM
From watching him he reminds me of a slower, more accurate and smarter Kaepernick. Idk if thats enough to worth taking a low pick on him but I would be comfortable with him as backup

swiper
01-29-2016, 10:52 AM
Don't talk Dak to me.

MillsapsBillsFan
01-29-2016, 12:38 PM
Buzz at Senior Bowl about Carson Wentz

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/01/2016_nfl_draft_should_eagles_trade_up_for_carson_w.html

He wont be there past the first

MillsapsBillsFan
01-29-2016, 12:40 PM
I actually like Dak, he took a whole team on his back at MSU. I think he would be worth a pickup from round 3 on, he could be a solid backup if he has a little time

MillsapsBillsFan
01-29-2016, 12:41 PM
We've played that game before and lost. This isn't the year to go high on a qb at all.

X-Era
01-29-2016, 02:07 PM
We've played that game before and lost. This isn't the year to go high on a qb at all.
Some similarities to the Manuel draft as far as quality and the talents tiers go.

Mace
01-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Low interest. I think he may be a mid or even late round pick. I think there may be other prospects sitting there in the mid to late rounds that grade out better. Needs to improve his decision making and not telegraph throws. He may be more of a runner than a solid passer at this point.

So many of these guys need a good QB coach and some time under a proven vet who can tutor. So many of them will end up bouncing around practice squads, trying in Canada, getting thrown in too soon by design or necessity, or end up on teams that keep changing coaches, systems and QB's.

Wish we had a good QB coach, some time (I wonder about Taylors durability) or a proven vet who could tutor.

YardRat
01-29-2016, 05:06 PM
I would rather have a draft that included Prescott somewhere in the middle rounds than another draft with no QB taken at all.

BertSquirtgum
01-30-2016, 02:25 AM
Need a white quarterback who can actually read a defense.

tampabay25690
01-30-2016, 11:22 AM

Yea only white QB's can read defenses..........Solid comment on your part.

tampabay25690
01-30-2016, 11:24 AM
Dak fits the QB the Bills will be looking at.
Will be a mid round guy that needs some time to develop.
This is a horrific draft for QB's IMO. But need to develop a guy behind Tyrod, I still think EJ will be the backup but would be a nice #3 to sit around for a year or 2.

YardRat
01-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Prescott and 10 other college kids that have been together for a week just ran a better two-minute offense than the Bills did all season.

stuckincincy
01-30-2016, 02:02 PM
Dak fits the QB the Bills will be looking at.
Will be a mid round guy that needs some time to develop.
This is a horrific draft for QB's IMO. But need to develop a guy behind Tyrod, I still think EJ will be the backup but would be a nice #3 to sit around for a year or 2.

If BUF is looking at him, they have smooched the kid with the kiss of death, given their history... :kid:

Mace
01-30-2016, 07:46 PM
Prescott and 10 other college kids that have been together for a week just ran a better two-minute offense than the Bills did all season.

We can break them of that to fit them into our system though.

BertSquirtgum
01-30-2016, 11:29 PM
Yea only white QB's can read defenses..........Solid comment on your part.

It's true and you know it. There's one exception and his name is Cam fig Newton.

swiper
01-31-2016, 06:08 AM
Kudos to the OP for posting this prior to this player being named Most Outstanding Player in the Senior Bowl.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14680711/sec-west-quarterbacks-help-lead-south-senior-bowl-win

Mouldsie
01-31-2016, 12:17 PM
Russell Wilson is a special case. Everyone knew Wilson had all the mental tools to succeed in the NFL. He had mastered two offenses (including Wisconsin's pro style) and been the most efficient passer in the NCAA his senior year. The only concern about him whatsoever was his height. It was said at the time, and was almost certainly true, is that if Wilson had been 4 inches taller he would have been a top 5 pick.

Is Prescott or anyone that guy? I don't know.

Thank you for helping me not lose my sanity

YardRat
01-31-2016, 12:20 PM
Kudos to the OP for posting this prior to this player being named Most Outstanding Player in the Senior Bowl.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14680711/sec-west-quarterbacks-help-lead-south-senior-bowl-win

Well, he definitely has one thing in common with EJ now...let's hope it doesn't become two or three.

Cali512
01-31-2016, 01:43 PM
When watching him he plays like Cam in alot of ways. He is definitely not his size but he runs with power and has a high arc to his passes. He also has decent accuracy from what I see

Night Train
03-13-2016, 07:23 AM
Was arrested for DUI yesterday.

swiper
03-13-2016, 07:37 AM
Was arrested for DUI yesterday.

http://emilylevenson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/shootingselfinfoot.gif

mdcas22
03-13-2016, 02:33 PM

I don't give a rats arss what color the guy is as long as he can read defense's and throw the ball accurately.

DynaPaul
03-13-2016, 05:45 PM
Well you might be able to get him in the 3rd now.