X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Dak Prescott

Thoughts? He had to make multiple reads in college, can run, and is tough as ****
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Dak Prescott

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
    Thoughts? He had to make multiple reads in college, can run, and is tough as ****
    Low interest. I think he may be a mid or even late round pick. I think there may be other prospects sitting there in the mid to late rounds that grade out better. Needs to improve his decision making and not telegraph throws. He may be more of a runner than a solid passer at this point.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Yeah, there will be much better prospects available than Prescott.

Seen enough of him to know that we can do a lot better.
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

This draft is one where you hope to find a Russell Wilson. A mid round guy that looks like a career backup but comes into the league and flourishes. I know you'll see buzz around Wentz, Lynch, and Goff. But, I don't see any sure fire or even likely franchise guys personally.

I'll say it this way, it looks to be deep in career backups.

Would I draft a QB this year? Yes. But I'd spend a mid-rounder on a guy that we "just have a feeling about" knowing he's likely to never become anything more than a backup...

If you absolutely have to come out of this draft with your QB of the future this is not your draft.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
          This draft is one where you hope to find a Russell Wilson. A mid round guy that looks like a career backup but comes into the league and flourishes. I know you'll see buzz around Wentz, Lynch, and Goff. But, I don't see any sure fire or even likely franchise guys personally.

I'll say it this way, it looks to be deep in career backups.

Would I draft a QB this year? Yes. But I'd spend a mid-rounder on a guy that we "just have a feeling about" knowing he's likely to never become anything more than a backup...

If you absolutely have to come out of this draft with your QB of the future this is not your draft.
          Russell Wilson is a special case. Everyone knew Wilson had all the mental tools to succeed in the NFL. He had mastered two offenses (including Wisconsin's pro style) and been the most efficient passer in the NCAA his senior year. The only concern about him whatsoever was his height. It was said at the time, and was almost certainly true, is that if Wilson had been 4 inches taller he would have been a top 5 pick.

Is Prescott or anyone that guy? I don't know.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

The black Tebow

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

This draft is one where you hope to find a Russell Wilson.
              Vernon Adams-Oregon MVP of the Shrine Bowl

Only 5-9/5-10 like Wilson. Mobile. Cannon arm. Looks off safties with his eyes, then fires a dart. Sign me up.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

Buzz at Senior Bowl about Carson Wentz

For anyone at the Senior Bowl during the first two days of practice, it was hard not to get aboard the Carson Wentz train.

Comment

• Cali512
                  • Jan 2012

From watching him he reminds me of a slower, more accurate and smarter Kaepernick. Idk if thats enough to worth taking a low pick on him but I would be comfortable with him as backup
                  Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Swiper
                    • Sep 2010

Don't talk Dak to me.

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                      Buzz at Senior Bowl about Carson Wentz

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2..._carson_w.html
                      He wont be there past the first

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
                        • Mar 2015

I actually like Dak, he took a whole team on his back at MSU. I think he would be worth a pickup from round 3 on, he could be a solid backup if he has a little time

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
                          • Mar 2015

We've played that game before and lost. This isn't the year to go high on a qb at all.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MillsapsBillsFan View Post
                            We've played that game before and lost. This isn't the year to go high on a qb at all.
                            Some similarities to the Manuel draft as far as quality and the talents tiers go.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Low interest. I think he may be a mid or even late round pick. I think there may be other prospects sitting there in the mid to late rounds that grade out better. Needs to improve his decision making and not telegraph throws. He may be more of a runner than a solid passer at this point.
                              So many of these guys need a good QB coach and some time under a proven vet who can tutor. So many of them will end up bouncing around practice squads, trying in Canada, getting thrown in too soon by design or necessity, or end up on teams that keep changing coaches, systems and QB's.

Wish we had a good QB coach, some time (I wonder about Taylors durability) or a proven vet who could tutor.

Comment

Working...
                              X