PDA

View Full Version : 100% Guarantee The Bills Draft A Quarterback

BillsImpossible
01-30-2016, 06:20 PM
The Bills are high on Carson Wentz, but he's not likely going to be available come the 19th overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Reading between the lines of smoke signals Doug Whaley has made, he's making it pretty obvious that the Bills will indeed draft a QB.

It's not going to be in round 1. The Bills don't have the ammo to make such a move. They need an immediate impact player that will start Week 1.

My guess is that the Bills will draft a quarterback in round 2 or 3 to replace EJ Manuel.

Taylor will be playing for a huge contract next year.

Playoffs for mega millions, or bust for career backup money.

The 2nd or 3rd round QB is the backup plan, gotta' have one.

Connor Cook? I'm not sold, somebody please sell me on Connor Cook.

Presuming and assuming the Bills will draft a quarterback within the first 3 rounds, who do you like as the just in case plan B option?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016QB.php

Wentz leaps to #1.

Jared Goff is now ranked #2.

The human trebuchet, Paxton Lynch is ranked #3.

Connor Cook is ranked #4.

Cardale Jones is ranked #5.

1 of the 5 quarterbacks above is going to be wearing a Bills uniform in 2016.

Cardale Jones, at 6'5 250 lbs seems to me like the perfect quarterback to groom in Roman's system.

YardRat
01-30-2016, 06:27 PM
They better draft one, and keep drafting one, until they hit.

Mace
01-30-2016, 06:51 PM
The Bills are high on Carson Wentz, but he's not likely going to be available come the 19th overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Reading between the lines of smoke signals Doug Whaley has made, he's making it pretty obvious that the Bills will indeed draft a QB.

It's not going to be in round 1. The Bills don't have the ammo to make such a move. They need an immediate impact player that will start Week 1.

My guess is that the Bills will draft a quarterback in round 2 or 3 to replace EJ Manuel.

Taylor will be playing for a huge contract next year.

Playoffs for mega millions, or bust for career backup money.

The 2nd or 3rd round QB is the backup plan, gotta' have one.

Connor Cook? I'm not sold, somebody please sell me on Connor Cook.

Presuming and assuming the Bills will draft a quarterback within the first 3 rounds, who do you like as the just in case plan B option?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016QB.php

Wentz leaps to #1.

Jared Goff is now ranked #2.

The human trebuchet, Paxton Lynch is ranked #3.

Connor Cook is ranked #4.

Cardale Jones is ranked #5.

1 of the 5 quarterbacks above is going to be wearing a Bills uniform in 2016.

Cardale Jones, at 6'5 250 lbs seems to me like the perfect quarterback to groom in Roman's system.

What better than a trebuchet ? You're right. A howitzer. Cardale Jones. A mobile tank with a, well, howitzer arm, stayed in school another year so he has a thought process going, knows pressure. Want to develop a guy and not gamble early ? I'd roll on Cardale.

Goobylal
01-30-2016, 10:56 PM
Jones in the 1st? No way.

Mace
01-30-2016, 11:13 PM
Jones in the 1st? No way.

He said first 3 rounds, not 1st, specifically said plan B option. 3rd sentence said not round 1 didn't it ?

Are you paying attention ? No way.

Goobylal
01-31-2016, 07:10 AM
He said first 3 rounds, not 1st, specifically said plan B option. 3rd sentence said not round 1 didn't it ?

Are you paying attention ? No way.

Fair enough. I still wouldn't touch him until the 4th at the earliest. He had 8 TD's and 5 INT's this past season.

Mace
01-31-2016, 04:18 PM
Fair enough. I still wouldn't touch him until the 4th at the earliest. He had 8 TD's and 5 INT's this past season.

Fair enough and I agree.

HHURRICANE
01-31-2016, 07:26 PM
Tyrod has two picks on loft balls in this dumb game. One trying to hit Beckham.

Yeah, we are getting a QB.

stuckincincy
01-31-2016, 09:00 PM
What better than a trebuchet ? You're right. A howitzer. Cardale Jones. A mobile tank with a, well, howitzer arm, stayed in school another year so he has a thought process going, knows pressure. Want to develop a guy and not gamble early ? I'd roll on Cardale.

I watched the entire OSU season - IMO, HC Meyer tried hard to establish Jones as the starter, but had to yank him repeatedly.

I see him in the 5th round, barring a panic qb run by teams beforehand.

Mouldsie
01-31-2016, 09:25 PM
Jones is a priority free agent.

Taking anyone but Goff or maybe Wentz is a wasted draft pick IMO. I'll be watching more games on Youtube and the interviews so perhaps another kid will emerge as worthy of a flier like Brett Hundley did last year.

BertSquirtgum
01-31-2016, 11:10 PM
50% chance I fart and splatter some **** on my underwears.

X-Era
02-01-2016, 06:56 AM
I see the Bills drafting a QB in the mid rounds. A guy I'm warming on is Jacoby Brissett, NC State. I like the quick release and velocity. He doesn't always get the ball out fast enough. But, he's a big time threat when he's on the run.

MillsapsBillsFan
02-01-2016, 07:06 AM
Still like Dak in the middle rounds (3 or 4), I think he has the talent if he's not forced into the spotlight.

I also like Brissett and Kevin Hogan from Stanford.

Lots of middling talent this year

gebobs
02-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Tyrod has two picks on loft balls in this dumb game. One trying to hit Beckham.

Yeah, we are getting a QB.

Yeesh...three picks in all. Way to represent. Glad I didn't watch that garbage.

Bill Cody
02-02-2016, 08:15 AM
50% chance I fart and splatter some **** on my underwears.

I'll take the over

Victor7
02-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Wentz and Goff are the top dogs but unless we move up we have no shot at either one.

Not the biggest Lynch fan but I could live with that. Cook I like a little more. Cocker late in the draft anyone??

I would vomit ulcers and die on the spot if we take Cardale Jones at any point in the draft. Yes even in the 7th.

sukie
02-02-2016, 12:35 PM
All this this guy that this other guy that... Later round so called "reach guys" pan out big... not all are blue chip 1st rounders. Brady, Montana , Brees, Fouts, all after round 1

gebobs
02-02-2016, 02:11 PM
All this this guy that this other guy that... Later round so called "reach guys" pan out big... not all are blue chip 1st rounders. Brady, Montana , Brees, Fouts, all after round 1

That's certainly true, but the odds are stacked against them. And I would argue that the odds are getting longer and longer. Pro scouts, Buffalo's notwithstanding, generally have a better feel for a player's potential than decades ago.

Consider the All-Pro selections for the past 20 years (per Football-Reference, not all 2015 selections are in). The following are the playeers selected and the number of times they were selected...

* 23 were #1 overall: Aikman, Bledsoe, Elway (3), Manning (10), Newton, Testeverde, and Young (3)
* 18 were #2-33 (1st round or pretty close): Brees (4), Culpepper (2), Favre (7), Marino, McNair, and Rodgers (3)
* 8 were drafted lower: Cunningham, Gannon (3), Hasselback, Brady (3)
* 3 were undrafted: Romo, Warner (2)

Of the 52 All-Pro QBs since 1995, 80% were picked #1-33.

stuckincincy
02-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Jones is a priority free agent.

Taking anyone but Goff or maybe Wentz is a wasted draft pick IMO. I'll be watching more games on Youtube and the interviews so perhaps another kid will emerge as worthy of a flier like Brett Hundley did last year.

Jones will likely command a price. Hard to see the current regime deny the Robt. Woods pick. Taylor doesn't seem able to scan the field and so scoots. I can't see BUF spending big bux on a receiver their QB isn't able to pass to...

MillsapsBillsFan
02-02-2016, 03:07 PM
Jones will likely command a price. Hard to see the current regime deny the Robt. Woods pick. Taylor doesn't seem able to scan the field and so scoots. I can't see BUF spending big bux on a receiver their QB isn't able to pass to...

Huh? Cardale Jones would not command a high price as an UDFA, he cant. Are you referring to a different jones?

feldspar
02-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Chances are slim we find a franchise QB in this draft, but we should still try. I agree with those that think the same way. :doh::doh::doh:

I don't think it's out of the question that Tyrod isn't man at this point, either.

But you cannot ignore the position EVER unless you are completely sure...even then, you need a decent backup.

Pretty simple. You can't win without a quality QB.

Goobylal
02-02-2016, 05:27 PM
Chances are slim we find a franchise QB in this draft, but we should still try. I agree with those that think the same way. :doh::doh::doh:

I don't think it's out of the question that Tyrod isn't man at this point, either.

But you cannot ignore the position EVER unless you are completely sure...even then, you need a decent backup.

Pretty simple. You can't win without a quality QB.

I think they should take a QB as well, but to spend a high pick on one in a weak draft for them is a major gamble.