PDA

View Full Version : Is Cam Newton Overrated?

BillsImpossible
01-31-2016, 12:23 PM
Superman, or super par for the course with a lot of media hype and flash?

2015 QB Stats

Cam Newton - 3,837 yards passing, 59.8% completion percentage, 35 TD's, 10 Int's.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13994/cam-newton

After 5 years, Newton's career completion percentage is less than 60%

Compare those numbers to the following quarterbacks:

Andy Dalton - (13 games played) 3,250 yards passing, 66.1% completion percentage, 25 TD's, 7 Int's.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14012/andy-dalton

Dalton's career completion percentage is 62.3%.

Kirk Cousins - 4,166 yards passing, 69.8% completion percentage, 29 TD's, 11 Int's.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14880/kirk-cousins

Cousins' career completion percentage is 65.2%

Is Kurt Cousins a better quarterback than Cam Newton? He plays in a much tougher division compared to the NFC South.

How about Fitz?

Ryan Fitzpatrick - 3,905 yards passing, 59.6% completion percentage, 31 TD's, 15 Int's.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8664/ryan-fitzpatrick

Fitz has a career completion percentage of 60.1%

How about Ryan Tannehill?

Ryan Tannehill - 4,208 yards passing, 61.9% completion percentage, 24 TD's, 12 Int's.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14876/ryan-tannehill

Tannehill's career completion percentage is 61.9% and he plays in the toughest division in the NFL.

What about Tyrod?

Tyrod Taylor - (14 games) 3,035 yards passing, 63.7% completion percentage, 20 TD's, 6 Int's in his first year as a starting QB.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14163/tyrod-taylor

Blake Bortles - 4,428 yards passing, 58.6% completion percentage, 35 TD's, 18 Int's in his second year.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16724/blake-bortles

Jameis Winston - 4,042 yards passing, 58.3% completion percentage, 22 TD's, 15 Int's in his rookie year.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2969939/jameis-winston

Tony Romo - (2014 season) 3,705 yards passing, 69.9% completion percentage, 34 TD's, 9 Int's.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/5209/tony-romo

Romo's career completion percentage is 65.3%

The hype and flash surrounding Cam Newton makes it look and feel like he's ahead of the NFL quarterback curve.

I think he's behind it.

casdhf
01-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Step away from the keyboard.

Albany,n.y.
01-31-2016, 01:26 PM
More proof that the more you examine QB stats, you understand how meaningless most of them are. The position is too complex to compare statistically.
If stats were so important they'd just hand out stat sheets & save a lot of time & money by not looking at films. However, the reason they look at film & watch players live is because watching a player has been and will always be the best way to evaluate his performance.

BillsFanInMass
01-31-2016, 02:53 PM
He would have been on the bills if Luck didnt decide to stay in college.

Mace
01-31-2016, 04:24 PM
Watching him do his thing, he really doesn't look overrated to me. He was a man against pop warner kids in the Arizona game.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-31-2016, 04:34 PM
Um, his heisman trophy, national championship, and soon to be mvp and super bowl champion would probably disagree with you bills imp

YardRat
01-31-2016, 04:37 PM
I was one of those that thought he was extremely over-rated coming out of college, I admit it. Now? Not so much...

feldspar
01-31-2016, 05:04 PM
If you want to look at his stats, don't forget to include the 10 rushing TDs that he had as well. The guy had 45 TDs this year with only 14 turnovers if you include fumbles. He also ran for over 600 yards.

I'm not really a big fan of his, but I won't argue that he's not the MVP of the league this year even with that schedule and the benefit of that defense. The Panthers only lost one game this year, and that's the most important stat.

But I think I'd take the Broncos +6 in the Super Bowl. That spread doesn't make too much sense to me, so in that sense I think the Panthers are over-hyped, especially since a great majority are betting on them and giving up those points. Mistake, ask me. Vegas May clean up.

Cam newton has been playing WAY better than I though he ever could in the NFL. He does seem a little too happy with himself, though. Maybe he forgets everything won't always go his way...maybe, I have no idea. I think the Broncos take him down a notch and win outright. Might think about taking the Broncos on the money-line...

Mace
01-31-2016, 05:25 PM
If you want to look at his stats, don't forget to include the 10 rushing TDs that he had as well. The guy had 45 TDs this year with only 14 turnovers if you include fumbles. He also ran for over 600 yards.

I'm not really a big fan of his, but I won't argue that he's not the MVP of the league this year even with that schedule and the benefit of that defense. The Panthers only lost one game this year, and that's the most important stat.

But I think I'd take the Broncos +6 in the Super Bowl. That spread doesn't make too much sense to me, so in that sense I think the Panthers are over-hyped, especially since a great majority are betting on them and giving up those points. Mistake, ask me. Vegas May clean up.

Cam newton has been playing WAY better than I though he ever could in the NFL. He does seem a little too happy with himself, though. Maybe he forgets everything won't always go his way...maybe, I have no idea. I think the Broncos take him down a notch and win outright. Might think about taking the Broncos on the money-line...

I have no vested interest in the game, but the Panthers sure do look pretty powerful to me in all phases of the game.

I used to think the same thing as you said about Newton, but you know, I've come to think he really is just having the time of his life and has developed the will to not accept things aren't going his way. And that...is a huge serious step imho toward elite.

feldspar
01-31-2016, 07:41 PM
I have no vested interest in the game, but the Panthers sure do look pretty powerful to me in all phases of the game.

I used to think the same thing as you said about Newton, but you know, I've come to think he really is just having the time of his life and has developed the will to not accept things aren't going his way. And that...is a huge serious step imho toward elite.

Maybe.

But you can't tell how he would react when things aren't going his way when everything is going his way. Things go wrong for everybody at some point. To me, he seemed to be a little too down in years past when things didn't go his way...just like he seems to be a little too up when things DO go his way.

Just a thought.

I'd prefer it if he was a little more seemingly even-keeled if he were the QB for my team. I don't know how that will add up over time if he's a little bi-polar...don't know if he is or not, like I said. Kinda seems like there is a real aspect to that at this point, if only in my imagination. Not that that I have a problem with him having a good time...I'm sure that part of it can lead to more positive success. I have no formula for theses things. Never seen a QB go about it way he does yet, for that matter. Just have visions of Kaepernick kissing his own biceps repeatedly, maybe.

the guy is not really Superman.

Mace
01-31-2016, 08:29 PM
We're sure going to see against the Denver defense in any case.

stuckincincy
01-31-2016, 09:04 PM
I was one of those that thought he was extremely over-rated coming out of college, I admit it. Now? Not so much...

His run skills (and threat of that) and decent enough passing gets his team in favorable field positions. Can't ask for more than that.

Night Train
02-01-2016, 05:49 AM
When is the MVP of the NFL ever overrated ?

EDS
02-01-2016, 07:15 AM
The thing that stands out about Cam is the touchdowns. Between his passing and running he accounted for 45 touchdowns during the regular season. The fact that he has the size to withstand the punishment a running QB endures it what sets him apart from other mobile QB options. Still, hard to imagine him playing as long as Payton Manning or Brady unless he further refines his passing skills.

That being said, 2015 was by far his best season so he will need to a few more seasons at that level to solidify himself as that level of player.

MidnightVoice
02-01-2016, 07:33 AM

Agreed. And right now, he does not have the most talented group of receivers in the world

Bill Cody
02-01-2016, 09:03 AM
Hey BillsImpossible-

Answer your own question like this: How likely is it that the Panthers be headed for 18-1 with those other QB's under center?

Victor7
02-02-2016, 09:48 AM

Same here.

Before this season I would've said yes to the question

But this year he took his game to a new level and dominated. The answer is now a rock solid No, he's not overrated at all.

I'm not fan of his antics on the field but the man can play and beat anybody out there. Unreal athlete.

stuckincincy
02-02-2016, 09:59 AM
He's a physical phenomenon along the lines of a Herschel Walker or a Bo Jackson.

Mr. Pink
02-03-2016, 02:35 PM
He's today's generation version of Randall Cunningham.

Typ0
02-03-2016, 03:30 PM
No.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-04-2016, 06:05 AM
He's today's generation version of Randall Cunningham.

not sure if that's supposed to be a compliment to him, a knock on him or neither.

Forward_Lateral
02-04-2016, 06:21 AM
dumbest thread in the history of Bills Zone stupidity.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-04-2016, 06:45 AM
dumbest thread in the history of Bills Zone stupidity.

no way dumber than the fool gold thread

BillsImpossible
02-04-2016, 06:25 PM
15-1 looks great, but Cam's stats don't look great compared to other veteran quarterbacks in the league.

Look at the competition he faced in 2015, or should I say look at the competition he didn't face?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/car/carolina-panthers

Jacksonville W 20-9

Houston W 24-17

New Orleans W 27-22

Tampa Bay W 37-23

Bye

Seattle W 27-23

Philadelphia W 27-16

Indianapolis W 29-26 OT

Green Bay W 37-29

Tennessee W 27-10

Washington W 44-16

Dallas W 33-14

New Orleans W 41-38

Atlanta W 38-0

Giants W 38-35

Atlanta L 20-13

Tampa Bay W 38-10

Houston, Seattle and Green Bay were the Carolina Panthers toughest opponents in 2015.

If the Bills had that sweet schedule, they'd probably have finished 13-3 or 12-4.

Carolina went 7-8-1 in 2014.

Look at who they played.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2014/REG/PANTHERS

The Panthers don't play well against good AFC teams.

The Houston Texans were the toughest AFC team the Carolina Panthers faced in 2015.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-05-2016, 05:53 AM
Bills imp, what the f@@@ are you talking about? 'Didn't play well against good afc teams?' Last I checked they beat them all. Yea they had an easy schedule but they beat almost everyone they played. Don't forget the absolute total beat down to the team I thought would win it all (cardinals)

just stop. Please just stop!

Mr. Pink
02-05-2016, 06:59 AM
not sure if that's supposed to be a compliment to him, a knock on him or neither.

Randall was a beast, who as he got older improved and then evolved his game.

Newton so far has improved his game and we'll see if he can evolve as 5 more years go by.

But this year's version of Cam reminded me a lot of Randall back in 1990.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-05-2016, 07:30 AM
Randall was a beast, who as he got older improved and then evolved his game.

Newton so far has improved his game and we'll see if he can evolve as 5 more years go by.

But this year's version of Cam reminded me a lot of Randall back in 1990.

that 98 Viking team to me is the greatest team to never win the superbowl.... including the 07 patriots

BillsImpossible
02-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Bills imp, what the f@@@ are you talking about? 'Didn't play well against good afc teams?' Last I checked they beat them all. Yea they had an easy schedule but they beat almost everyone they played. Don't forget the absolute total beat down to the team I thought would win it all (cardinals)

just stop. Please just stop!

Stop whining.

The Houston Texans were the Carolina Panthers most difficult AFC opponent this season.

Agree or disagree?

You probably agree along with everyone else reading this.

Texans made the playoffs, Colts didn't. Jacksonville? No.

Cam Newton couldn't complete 60% of his passes this season in the face of the easiest schedule ever.

If Carolina played in the AFC East in place of the Dolphins, they'd be 8-8 at best and nobody would be talking about the most overrated player in all of sports.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Stop whining.

The Houston Texans were the Carolina Panthers most difficult AFC opponent this season.

Agree or disagree?

You probably agree along with everyone else reading this.

Texans made the playoffs, Colts didn't. Jacksonville? No.

Cam Newton couldn't complete 60% of his passes this season in the face of the easiest schedule ever.

If Carolina played in the AFC East in place of the Dolphins, they'd be 8-8 at best and nobody would be talking about the most overrated player in all of sports.

They are the nfc champions. They beat the 2 time nfc champions followed by the cardinals who are way better than any other team in the afc south.

what don't you understand?

no I don't agree they'd be 8 and 8. That is ridiculous.

DynaPaul
02-06-2016, 07:08 AM
I think the Panthers are gonna play like our Bills did in SBXXV personally. Bet your money on the Broncos.

cookie G
02-06-2016, 09:41 AM
15-1 looks great, but Cam's stats don't look great compared to other veteran quarterbacks in the league.

Nor do his targets look very good compared to other QB's in the league...

He has Greg Olsen and......?

Ted Ginn, Jr.?

"I wouldn't trust him to catch my baby if I was in a burning building"

~Neon Sanders

I still don't know how he did what he did with one viable target.

mdcas22
02-07-2016, 07:05 AM
Cam is the new breed, he is a QB that dish's out punishment when he runs , no cb wan'ts to tackle the guy along with some linebackers. this Superbowl could be a blow out for the panthers or could be a 10-3 barn burner. Denver has one of the worst o-lines in football so its hard for me to see Peyton having a good game, Cam on the other hand will run more in this game and that will be the difference. As far as Cam being over rated he is a elite qb that would make any team better including the Bills, ask yourself if Cam was a Buffalo Bill would we have made the playoffs and I say yes.

MidnightVoice
02-07-2016, 09:05 AM
If Watt does a dance after a sack he is a good exciting white guy. If Newton does a dance after a TD he is a thug.

To me, the naysayers are showing just a touch of racist inclination. How many bad QBs have won MVP? And all the games but one on the way to the Superbowl?

Generalissimus Gibby
02-07-2016, 10:05 AM
When Newton entered the league I called him Scam. However, the Great numbers he has put up and how he has helped that franchise suggest that he was greatly underrated. My only concern for him now is how long can he stay in the league as mobile QBS tend to have shorter careers than pocket passers. Still he has done well and has shut up most of the critics.

YardRat
02-07-2016, 10:05 AM
JJ Watt is a roided douchebag. Newton gives TD balls to kids. Nether has anything to do with their skin color, and I'd take either one on the Bills right now in a second.

BillsImpossible
02-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Out of the 13 teams Carolina played in the 2015 regular season, their combined W-L record was 92-116.

Out of the 13 teams Denver played in the 2015 regular season, their combined W-L record was 106-102.

Newton's numbers are inflated because the Panthers played a very weak schedule.

Having a completion percentage that is less than 60% against sub .500 competition is not MVP material.

Generalissimus Gibby
02-07-2016, 02:06 PM
Out of the 13 teams Carolina played in the 2015 regular season, their combined W-L record was 92-116.

Out of the 13 teams Denver played in the 2015 regular season, their combined W-L record was 106-102.

Newton's numbers are inflated because the Panthers played a very weak schedule.

Having a completion percentage that is less than 60% against sub .500 competition is not MVP material. You can only play the schedule you are given. Keep in mind New England plays us, the Jets and Fish six times each year and rarely loses divisional games. By your logic, Brady is the most overrated qb since 2001.

denverboz
02-07-2016, 02:27 PM
Oops! wrong thread! :smile:

Novacane
02-07-2016, 07:59 PM
He looked bad today but no QB would look good under that pressure. Id take him on the Bills any day.

WagonCircler
02-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Apparently, he is.

**** him and his little dance.

He danced away from that fumble like Beyonce.

coastal
02-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Von Miller made him his *****

Mace
02-07-2016, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Cam has more days ahead to fight again.

YardRat
02-07-2016, 08:17 PM
I'm pretty sure Cam has more days ahead to fight again.

Dan Marino thought so too.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently, he is.

**** him and his little dance.

He danced away from that fumble like Beyonce.

That was a ***** move.

BillsImpossible
02-07-2016, 09:07 PM
18 out of 41.

44% completion percentage.

Superman my ass.

Cam Newton is overrated.

WagonCircler
02-07-2016, 09:16 PM
That was a ***** move.

So was this:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/696548981518651393?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

BillsImpossible
02-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Anyone just see that interview of Newton on ESPN?

He walked off the stage.

Instead of placing the blame on his shoulders and owing it, he didn't.

That's poor leadership.

WagonCircler
02-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Anyone just see that interview of Newton on ESPN?

He walked off the stage.

Instead of placing the blame on his shoulders and owing it, he didn't.

That's poor leadership.

feldspar
02-07-2016, 09:55 PM
The way he's reacted to the loss does nothing to alleviate my concerns about his overall attitude. I think he's got a little growing up to do still. I don't really care too much either...just calling it as I see it.

Superman, indeed.

Must be tough to lose the Super Bowl, no doubt. But he should be able to put on a different face for a few minutes at least...not do what he did. My two cents...

BillsImpossible
02-07-2016, 10:05 PM
What an ungracious baby. Unbelievably poor body language. Hanging his head, moaning and groaning.

His body language during the game sucked too.

Dude lost to Peyton Manning!

Man up, Cam. He's supposed to rise above, but no.

Grace, Dignity, and Respect all just got thrown out of Cam Newton's NFL window.

Did he say one single word about Peyton Manning after the game?

SaviorEdwards
02-07-2016, 10:16 PM
I guess he can be like some players and act like he doesn't care when he loses. When is my game check coming in the mail type of attitude. I think putting a guy right after he loses the superbowl still in his football pants in front of snarky reporters is a dumb move by the NFL.

Mike
02-07-2016, 10:18 PM
League MVP
50 TD total in 2015-6

Great Season by Cam

he missed a few throws today and lost to an elite defense

Bill Cody
02-08-2016, 07:04 AM
I lost a lot of respect for him with the SB in the balance he backed away from the fumble. Gutless.

ticatfan
02-08-2016, 07:06 AM
He is now. But this humbling is probably the best thing that has happened to him. Time to get serious, juts like Ricky fowler.

ticatfan
02-08-2016, 07:07 AM
He is now. But this humbling is probably the best thing that has happened to him. But the fumble thingy is something he has to explain .Time to get serious, juts like Ricky fowler.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-08-2016, 10:01 AM
What an ungracious baby. Unbelievably poor body language. Hanging his head, moaning and groaning.

Manning himself said Cam was humble when they spoke on the field. But it's easier to be humble with the guy who bested you (and Peyton is a gracious winner) then the goofnuts media

DynaPaul
02-08-2016, 10:42 AM
I like him even less now, if that were possible. The excessive dancing, making criticism about him racial in nature, and his behavior after the game. The guy is a loser. I'm so glad the Denver D made him look like a punk *****.

Victor7
02-08-2016, 10:48 AM
Denver rattled him early and he never found his stride. He looked jittery and nervous. Over threw some passes. Awful game for him. He usually got off to hot starts and was tough to defend once he gained confidence. No shot of that yesterday.

His post game press conference was pathetic. He always struck me as a guy that would be all smiles and fun while on top but a pouting baby when down. He did exactly that. You can't be out there dabbing, styling, making fun (even if unintentionally) of the opposition and what not in victory and then act like a petulant child in defeat. I've never seen Brady, Manning or Wilson act like that after their harsh defeats.

2016 is gonna be an interesting year. There is ZERO doubt he was the MVP this year. He played lights out and on another level this season. But he wasn't playing like that last year when the Panthers barely made the post season with a 7-8-1 record. Lets see if he can sustain the elite level for another season or two. He also needs to let the humble pie served by Von Miller help him mature.

swiper
02-08-2016, 10:50 AM

Had to post it twice for your buddy to see it, eh?

WagonCircler
02-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Had to post it twice for your buddy to see it, eh?

Can't be too careful. :)

coastal
02-08-2016, 06:52 PM
I lost a lot of respect for him with the SB in the balance he backed away from the fumble. Gutless.
Hat was weird.. almost like he was reminding himself of the script.

Mr. Cynical
02-08-2016, 11:20 PM
Hate his attitude in losing.....still, the guy throws the ball like a 100MPH MLB fastball...it's freakish

Historian
02-09-2016, 07:45 AM
He received no help from his line, and Vonn Miller was sprinting around the end on practically every play.

In fact it reminded me of Cornelius Bennett chasing John Elway, lol.

Still, he needs to grow up.

His little tirade may have cost him millions in endorsements.

WagonCircler
02-09-2016, 10:00 AM
He received no help from his line, and Vonn Miller was sprinting around the end on practically every play..

But, he's SUPERMAN! He should be able to leap tall linebackers in a single bound.

Nobody has ever seen such a combination of skills and intangibles all in one person! His blackness alone should have scared off those defenders!

He's an entertainer and an icon!

You don't grow out of this kind of douchebaggery. You're born with it, and you take it to your grave.

Hmm. Just a thought. Maybe that fumbled ball was made of Kryptonite.

Victor7
02-09-2016, 10:10 AM
From Albert Breer's twitter

Cam Newton making no apologies for postgame presser. "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"

Way to double down on the stupid Cam. Yet another wasted opportunity to show maturity and intelligence down the drain.

I guess Russel Wilson is a loser because I remember him being very humble after last year's Super Bowl. Lebron James took questions for about 10 minutes like a man after last year's Finals as well. Brady (as much as I hate him) always acts with class after the tough losses. What a bunch of losers !!

Cali512
02-09-2016, 10:38 AM
I don't fault Cams reaction. The NFL tries to hard to make the NFL a business that it actually makes the Superbowl lose all emotion. I actually was eager to see the panthers win and act like little kids. I love that and the NFL takes it away

Mr. Miyagi
02-09-2016, 10:51 AM
I don't fault Cams reaction. The NFL tries to hard to make the NFL a business that it actually makes the Superbowl lose all emotion. I actually was eager to see the panthers win and act like little kids. I love that and the NFL takes it away
I couldn't disagree more.

We as parents teach our kids to not be a sore loser. We teach them to be graceful and congratulate the winner. Get up and try again, learn from your mistakes, all the cliches.

Cam Newton is being a sore loser and crybaby. Not at all a good representative of the mighty NFL, especially being the league MVP.

The last buffalo fan
02-09-2016, 11:47 AM
All those skills, and nothing of brains! The boy is a baller, but can't handle pressure or criticism.

dasaybz
02-09-2016, 12:16 PM
I really don't see what the big deal is with this guy. Why does everyone feel the need to friggin psychoanalyze the guy? He's a damn good football player, and I really could give 2 ****s about if he's a good loser or not. Does he win games? Oh, he does? Good enough for me. I would LOVE him on this team, and I'm guessing every single one of you would too.

WagonCircler
02-09-2016, 02:28 PM
I really don't see what the big deal is with this guy. Why does everyone feel the need to friggin psychoanalyze the guy? He's a damn good football player, and I really could give 2 ****s about if he's a good loser or not. Does he win games? Oh, he does? Good enough for me. I would LOVE him on this team, and I'm guessing every single one of you would too.

You would guess wrong.

He's a ****** a s s hole. I don't root for a s s holes.

Whether he wants to hear it or not, when you accept that multi-million dollar contact, you accept certain responsibilities, and one of those is role model. He's this supposed joyful player who enjoys the game so much....blah, blah, blah.

He showed his true colors. He's a *****.

He's the anti-Don Beebe. One guy refused to give up and chased an opponent 70 yards to stop a TD, even though his team was down by 30 points. The other mentally checked out of a Super Bowl that his team still could have won, refusing to even try to recover his own fumble.

Then he goes and plays the whining, put-upon victim, doling out one-word answers.

It's not psychoanalysis, it's just calling them like we see them. He's a guy who gets punched in the mouth, and he crumbles like a fat girl's lawn chair at a church picnic.

YardRat
02-09-2016, 03:18 PM

Cam Newton making no apologies for postgame presser. "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"

Way to double down on the stupid Cam. Yet another wasted opportunity to show maturity and intelligence down the drain.

I guess Russel Wilson is a loser because I remember him being very humble after last year's Super Bowl. Lebron James took questions for about 10 minutes like a man after last year's Finals as well. Brady (as much as I hate him) always acts with class after the tough losses. What a bunch of losers !!

It's a lot easier to accept defeat when you've already tasted victory.

Mr. Pink
02-09-2016, 03:33 PM
I couldn't disagree more.

We as parents teach our kids to not be a sore loser. We teach them to be graceful and congratulate the winner. Get up and try again, learn from your mistakes, all the cliches.

Cam Newton is being a sore loser and crybaby. Not at all a good representative of the mighty NFL, especially being the league MVP.

Point 1. No one is taught to be a gracious loser or winner these days, kids are just given a trophy for showing up and then taken for ice cream after. Hell some of these sports when kids are a young age don't even keep track of score. What kids these days are taught is that they are a winner and the best and great just because they showed up.

Point 2. Tom Brady is a sore loser and a crybaby. Peyton Manning is a sore loser and a crybaby. Jim Kelly was a sore loser and a crybaby. Thurman Thomas was a sore loser and a crybaby. Andre Reed was a sore loser and a crybaby. And this list can go on and on about many top stars of the game past and present. Since when is being a crybaby an indictment against anyone? Or is it only an indictment when you don't personally like the person to begin with?

Victor7
02-09-2016, 03:38 PM
It's a lot easier to accept defeat when you've already tasted victory.

I thought someone would answer like that.

How about Kevin Durant after the finals 2 years ago ?

Did Jimbo act like this after SB 25 ?

Lebron lost his 1st finals. I honestly don't remember but I doubt he went full *****.

I don't disagree with your point but it seems like an excuse for Cam to pout like a little girl.

YardRat
02-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Not an excuse, just an observation over the years.

Mr. Pink
02-09-2016, 03:41 PM
I thought someone would answer like that.

How about Kevin Durant after the finals 2 years ago ?

Did Jimbo ever act like this ?

Lebron lost his 1st finals. I honestly don't remember but I doubt he went full *****.

I don't disagree with your point but it seems like an excuse for Cam to pout like a little girl.

Jimbo just threw all of his lineman under a bus publicly because he felt he was getting hit too much.

Durant and LeBron pitch fits when they think someone breaths on them in the paint while driving to the hoop and no fall is called.

As I said, all big athletes are sore losers and crybabies as they've experienced winning all along the way to the professional ranks.

YardRat
02-09-2016, 03:45 PM
Jim was right both times...Jones and Devlin took turns giving Jet dlinemen space to knock Kelly around, and it took a little while for House to get his head out of his ass.

Victor7
02-09-2016, 03:59 PM
Jimbo just threw all of his lineman under a bus publicly because he felt he was getting hit too much.

Durant and LeBron pitch fits when they think someone breaths on them in the paint while driving to the hoop and no fall is called.

As I said, all big athletes are sore losers and crybabies as they've experienced winning all along the way to the professional ranks.

1. Not the same

2. Nowhere near the same as you are talking about in game stuff

3. Cam has experienced winning all the way to the current ranks as well. I completely disagree all big athletes are cry babies OFF the field which is the topic here. On the field is another thing.

Mr. Pink
02-09-2016, 04:13 PM
1. Not the same

2. Nowhere near the same as you are talking about in game stuff

3. Cam has experienced winning all the way to the current ranks as well. I completely disagree all big athletes are cry babies OFF the field which is the topic here. On the field is another thing.

Kelly ripped his teammates openly in the media...Bickering Bills.

LeBron left Cleveland because he didn't think they'd pull in the pieces for him to win a championship. Even after he had full input on coaching decision and player acquisitions. Even now he was part of the reason that Blatt was fired this year.

Since you made the criteria just complaining off the field about on field actions...admittedly I don't know much about how Durant acts off the court to say one way or another.

But we all point out how Cam's postgame presser was a knock against him however Thurman Thomas missed media day for the third Superbowl and no one cares anymore, Marshawn Lynch showed up last year and just repeatedly said "I'm only here so I don't get fined" and everyone laughs. Neither of those two actions are standup adult actions either and is pretty much a solid representation of how all top flight prima donna athletes act off the field.

Hell Peyton Manning talked smack about Vanderjagt the one year after he missed an important field goal calling him the idiot liquored up kicker.

Just par for the course when it comes to these guys and if you have a negative opinion of them to begin with, it's just more fuel to that fire. If you have a positive opinion of them, then it's either brushed aside or laughed off.

Victor7
02-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Kelly ripped his teammates openly in the media...Bickering Bills.

LeBron left Cleveland because he didn't think they'd pull in the pieces for him to win a championship. Even after he had full input on coaching decision and player acquisitions. Even now he was part of the reason that Blatt was fired this year.

Since you made the criteria just complaining off the field about on field actions...admittedly I don't know much about how Durant acts off the court to say one way or another.

But we all point out how Cam's postgame presser was a knock against him however Thurman Thomas missed media day for the third Superbowl and no one cares anymore, Marshawn Lynch showed up last year and just repeatedly said "I'm only here so I don't get fined" and everyone laughs. Neither of those two actions are standup adult actions either and is pretty much a solid representation of how all top flight prima donna athletes act off the field.

Hell Peyton Manning talked smack about Vanderjagt the one year after he missed an important field goal calling him the idiot liquored up kicker.

Just par for the course when it comes to these guys and if you have a negative opinion of them to begin with, it's just more fuel to that fire. If you have a positive opinion of them, then it's either brushed aside or laughed off.

I really don't see the relation between most of the stuff you are saying and Cam. Other than the Lynch thing which to me wasn't funny. It was stupid and worthy of a fine/suspension. Ditto for Thurman although its also not the same.

I already agreed that some athletes are asswipes. But in that same situation, post press conference in a big game I can't recall many ..... if any acting like that.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-10-2016, 08:24 AM
I cannot understand why people give a crap about post game press conferences.

dasaybz
02-10-2016, 10:51 AM
You would guess wrong.

He's a ****** a s s hole. I don't root for a s s holes.

Whether he wants to hear it or not, when you accept that multi-million dollar contact, you accept certain responsibilities, and one of those is role model. He's this supposed joyful player who enjoys the game so much....blah, blah, blah.

He showed his true colors. He's a *****.

He's the anti-Don Beebe. One guy refused to give up and chased an opponent 70 yards to stop a TD, even though his team was down by 30 points. The other mentally checked out of a Super Bowl that his team still could have won, refusing to even try to recover his own fumble.

Then he goes and plays the whining, put-upon victim, doling out one-word answers.

It's not psychoanalysis, it's just calling them like we see them. He's a guy who gets punched in the mouth, and he crumbles like a fat girl's lawn chair at a church picnic.

Ahh, but you'll root for losers like Trent Edwards right?

I'll take Cam all day over the garbage that has walked through that door at 1 Bills Dr. since Jimbo.

Cam got punched in the mouth plenty this year, and ended up 15-1. That's a better record than the Bills have ever had.

gebobs
02-10-2016, 11:22 AM

Speaking of Peyton, wasn't he the guy that ran off the field and went into a fetal position after the Colts lost to the Saints! Didn't even shake hands. But who cares, amirite? He's a leader! And he doesn't forget who brung him either. He was practically mauling Papa John Jagoff and pimping Budweiser moments after the final gun. That's leadership for ya!

But spot on about Cam. Just look at him here. Completely disrespecting Peyton the Perfect! No grace! No dignity! No respect!

Cripes...you people are effing ridiculous.

The man went 15-2 for the year, better than the immortal Jim Kelly ever did though Kelly's defense he might've won against the Giants if he wasn't nursing a monster hangover. Try that, Cam Newton.

WagonCircler
02-10-2016, 12:01 PM
The man went 15-2 for the year,.

And he choked like a ***** when it really mattered.

"Everybody has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson.

WagonCircler
02-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Here's another quote:

"I’ve seen numerous quarterbacks throw interceptions and their effort afterwards, they don’t go (after the ball). I don’t dive on one fumble because (my leg) it could’ve been contorted in a way. OK, you say my effort, I didn’t dive down. I fumbled, that’s fine, but . . . we didn’t lose that game ’cause of that fumble." - Cam Newton

Scam didn't want to jeopardize his delusional future as "an entertainer and an icon."

gebobs
02-10-2016, 01:41 PM
And he choked like a ***** when it really mattered.
So what? Lots of people choke. Heck, Manning has made a career out of choking and would have rounded out his career that way if not for Miller and the defense. Is Manning overrated? Of course not. He'll be in Canton on the first ballot, guaranteed.

Our beloved Bills team as a whole choked mightily in XXV. Were they overrated? Nope.

Neither is Newton. He's one of the premier quarterbacks in this league and that position is only going to be bolstered when Manning and Brady head off into the sunset.

gebobs
02-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Let's look at some of the choking QBs over the years...

Russell Wilson, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, John Elway, Fran Tarkenton, Jim Kelly, Brett Favre, Joe Theisman, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas, Roger Staubach, Drew Brees, Dan Fouts, Warren Moon, Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben, etc.

Holy crap! What a bunch of overrated bums! Well, let's thank our lucky stars we have Tyrod Taylor and not another loser out of that clown car like Cam Newton.

WagonCircler
02-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Our beloved Bills team as a whole choked mightily in XXV. Were they overrated? Nope..

No they didn't. They were just totally out-coached.

WagonCircler
02-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Let's look at some of the choking QBs over the years...

Russell Wilson, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, John Elway, Fran Tarkenton, Jim Kelly, Brett Favre, Joe Theisman, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas, Roger Staubach, Drew Brees, Dan Fouts, Warren Moon, Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben, etc.

Holy crap! What a bunch of overrated bums! Well, let's thank our lucky stars we have Tyrod Taylor and not another loser out of that clown car like Cam Newton.

None of those QBs made a total clown of themselves before going out and acting like a coward and a spoiled child.

One of the phrases I see millennials throwing around is "That's a bad look." Cam had the worst of all looks. You can name all the QBs you want. None of them looked like a bigger idiot than Cam Newton did last week. And I do mean the whole week. From calling anyone who doesn't like him or his antics racist, to acting like a ficking diva in press interviews, to wearing gold MVP shoes in pregame warmups, to playing like EJ Manuel, and finally sulking like a self-absorbed *****.

This was the worst of all bad looks.

swiper
02-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Yeah. I don't like Manning. But Newton comes off as an entitled little *****, then whined & moped after he failed to deliver for his team. gebobs makes a point, but misses the mark.

There's failing with class. And then there's Cam Newton.

Victor7
02-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Speaking of Peyton, wasn't he the guy that ran off the field and went into a fetal position after the Colts lost to the Saints! Didn't even shake hands. But who cares, amirite? He's a leader! And he doesn't forget who brung him either. He was practically mauling Papa John Jagoff and pimping Budweiser moments after the final gun. That's leadership for ya!

But spot on about Cam. Just look at him here. Completely disrespecting Peyton the Perfect! No grace! No dignity! No respect!

Cripes...you people are effing ridiculous.

The man went 15-2 for the year, better than the immortal Jim Kelly ever did though Kelly's defense he might've won against the Giants if he wasn't nursing a monster hangover. Try that, Cam Newton.

I haven't read or heard (media, twitter, regular talk, message boards) anybody say a damn word about Cam post game to the other team. This is about him in the press conference. Him being gracious to PM or Manning being a little ***** back in that Super Bowl have nothing to do with his post game press conference pouting.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-10-2016, 04:22 PM
From calling anyone who doesn't like him or his antics racist

Did he actually say that, or was it said by some sports talking head?

WagonCircler
02-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Did he actually say that, or was it said by some sports talking head?

“I’m an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven’t seen nothing they can compare me to,” he told reporters during his weekly media session at Bank of America Stadium.

Pigment is only skin deep. A ssh ole is to the bone.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-10-2016, 07:53 PM
“I’m an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven’t seen nothing they can compare me to,” he told reporters during his weekly media session at Bank of America Stadium.

That's one line of a nearly two minute answer.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z6ByeunUXT4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
It starts at about 3:06.

DynaPaul
02-11-2016, 02:45 PM

That was a slick move trying to turn criticism about him into a racial thing but it didn't work because this isn't the 1960's and there have been MANY black QB's before him. Just goes to show what an idiot he is and even more so when he double-downed on those comments he made Monday morning. To the guy saying we'd love to have him on the Bills, uh no - no we wouldn't. He'd be right up there with Donte Whitner on the list of Bills players I couldn't stand.

WagonCircler
02-12-2016, 10:09 PM
Ahh, but you'll root for losers like Trent Edwards right?.

You're joking, right?

I was a one man Trent Edwards HATE machine. I waged internet war on Trent Edwards. I hated him like Trump hates Rosie O'Donnell.

swiper
02-14-2016, 08:34 AM
You're joking, right?

I was a one man Trent Edwards HATE machine. I waged internet war on Trent Edwards. I hated him like Trump hates Rosie O'Donnell.

Aye. That you did.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-14-2016, 08:49 AM
You're joking, right?

I've never seen any fan hate any athlete as hard as you hated Trent.

Mike13
02-14-2016, 12:53 PM

He was quoting Vince Lombardi.

Who is stupid now?

gebobs
02-15-2016, 08:41 AM
I haven't read or heard (media, twitter, regular talk, message boards) anybody say a damn word about Cam post game to the other team.

Um...what?

This is about him in the press conference.

It's all hypercritical baloney. Cam was slouched. Cam was mopey. Who the hell cares?

He lost a Superbowl. He didn't finesse it on the podium. Big effing deal. Just consider this year to be practice. He'll be back there. Maybe as a winner. And the Bills will still be AFC East also rans.

Victor7
02-15-2016, 08:45 AM
He was quoting Vince Lombardi.

Who is stupid now?

When did Lombardi say that ??

I bet it wasn't after an entire year of having "fun" at the behest of your rivals and proclaiming yourself "something they've never seen" or better yet after pussying out on a fumble that all but sealed your team's fate.

Try harder.

Victor7
02-15-2016, 08:49 AM
Um...what?

Only brought it up because you brought up the post game pic with Manning. Its irrelevant. This is about the press conference

It's all hypercritical baloney. Cam was slouched. Cam was mopey. Who the hell cares?

He lost a Superbowl. He didn't finesse it on the podium. Big effing deal. Just consider this year to be practice. He'll be back there. Maybe as a winner. And the Bills will still be AFC East also rans.

Possibly. Then again Marino probably thought so too. Its also irrelevant. Fact is he pouted like a child after "styling" it all year long. Makes him look like a little whinny *****.

gebobs
02-15-2016, 08:49 AM
When did Lombardi say that ??

http://quotes.lifehack.org/media/quotes/quote-Vince-Lombardi-show-me-a-good-loser-and-ill-730.png

I bet it wasn't after an entire year of having "fun" at the behest of your rivals and proclaiming yourself "something they've never seen" or better yet after pussying out on a fumble that all but sealed your team's fate.

Try harder.
Jesus. Just can't admit you were wrong, can you?

gebobs
02-15-2016, 08:50 AM
Only brought it up because you brought up the post game pic with Manning. Its irrelevant. This is about the press conference
I don't care what it's about. Your sentence doesn't parse.

Possibly. Then again Marino probably thought so too. Its also irrelevant. Fact is he pouted like a child after "styling" it all year long. Makes him look like a little whinny *****.
Lot's of guys pout after losing the Super Bowl. Only one gets crucified for it.

So he's gracious while on the field with PM, but because he didn't handle the presser to your satisfaction that makes him a whiny ***** in your eyes?

Do you understand the concept of cherry picking?

Victor7
02-15-2016, 08:52 AM
http://quotes.lifehack.org/media/quotes/quote-Vince-Lombardi-show-me-a-good-loser-and-ill-730.png

Way to cut and edit my post to better fit your answer. Never doubted he said it. I asked for the circumstances.

Jesus. Just can't admit you were wrong, can you?

How am I wrong ?? Did he or did he not act like a little **** ??

He did. Point made. No wrong. I don't care if he quoted Jesus Christ.

Victor7
02-15-2016, 08:55 AM
I don't care what it's about. Your sentence doesn't parse.

You don't understand much then. You tried to defend Cam by showing him being cool to Manning post game. I told you nobody in the media or elsewhere had said anything about that. All the beef is about his press conference. Thus rendering your Cam defense invalid to the point being made.

Lot's of guys pout after losing the Super Bowl. Only one gets crucified for it.

I'm sure they do. And they should get crucified. This isn't about them. This is about Cam

gebobs
02-15-2016, 09:02 AM
Way to cut and edit my post to better fit your answer. Never doubted he said it. I asked for the circumstances.
I didn't do a damn thing to your post. I quoted it. Nothing more.

How am I wrong ?? Did he or did he not act like a little **** ??

He did. Point made. No wrong. I don't care if he quoted Jesus Christ.

You quoted him quoting Lombardi and said "Way to double down on the stupid Cam. Yet another wasted opportunity to show maturity and intelligence down the drain."

How does that quote indicate a lack of maturity or intelligence? It doesn't.

Victor7
02-15-2016, 09:20 AM
I didn't do a damn thing to your post. I quoted it. Nothing more.

Are you blind ? just stupid ? or maybe you don't know how to use the quote function ?

This is my full post

"When did Lombardi say that ??

Try harder."

Its right there on page 5 of the thread. Unedited.

You quoted him quoting Lombardi and said "Way to double down on the stupid Cam. Yet another wasted opportunity to show maturity and intelligence down the drain."

How does that quote indicate a lack of maturity or intelligence? It doesn't.

Ok bud.

Guess me and the entire world saying he was wrong and an immature child are wrong. You are correct. He acted like an honorable man. A class act. Hope millions of kids saw that and learn from the humble Cam.

gebobs
02-15-2016, 09:21 AM
You don't understand much then. You tried to defend Cam by showing him being cool to Manning post game. I told you nobody in the media or elsewhere had said anything about that. All the beef is about his press conference. Thus rendering your Cam defense invalid to the point being made.
Wrong. His meeting on the field was noteworthy because it was not reported in the press the next day with all the hue and cry going up about his press conference. Since then, it has been noted, not least of all by Manning, who said :

He couldn't have been nicer to me. He was extremely humble. He'll be back in that game, I can promise you. I've been on that side of it. It is tough, it is not an easy pill to swallow. But he was very nice to me and I really appreciated that.

I'm sure they do. And they should get crucified. This isn't about them. This is about Cam.
Right. No one take heat like he does. No one. Not the great Peyton Manning, for sure, who wouldn't even shake Brees's hand. It was forgotten within days while Cam's terse press conference (the horrors!), even after showing perfect sportsmanship with the team that beat him immediately after the game, is still being talked about by people like you.

Regarding this thread, the entire thread,...

* No he's not overrated. Buffalo would love to have a quarterback with half his talent.

* Did his presser indicate that he's a whiny little *****? No. The presser showed some immaturity perhaps, but that's hardly unexpected after one loses the Super Bowl. Lot's of guys find their maturity in question in that position. The guy is only 26. You can expect him to get better with it as he will be in that position, win or lose, a lot of times over the next 15 years or so. Calling him a "whiny little *****" just shows your emotional investment in the debate.

* What about him not diving for the fumble? Yeah, that was not cool. He didn't have much chance of recovering it, but you gotta give it that old college try, right? If the Panthers want to give up on him over that (they don't), I'm sure there would be 31 other teams ready to make him their starter, including New England.

And just so you know, I was not rooting for Cam. I am only defending him inasmuch as I find the criticism to be over the top.

I wasn't even going to watch it but my wife wanted to. In the end, I relented and ended up rooting for the AFC Broncos.

Victor7
02-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Wrong. His meeting on the field was noteworthy because it was not reported in the press the next day with all the hue and cry going up about his press conference. Since then, it has been noted, not least of all by Manning, who said :

Right. No one take heat like he does. No one. Not the great Peyton Manning, for sure, who wouldn't even shake Brees's hand. It was forgotten within days while Cam's terse press conference (the horrors!), even after showing perfect sportsmanship with the team that beat him immediately after the game, is still being talked about by people like you.

Regarding this thread, the entire thread,...

* No he's not overrated. Buffalo would love to have a quarterback with half his talent.

* Did his presser indicate that he's a whiny little *****? No. The presser showed some immaturity perhaps, but that's hardly unexpected after one loses the Super Bowl. Lot's of guys find their maturity in question in that position. The guy is only 26. You can expect him to get better with it as he will be in that position, win or lose, a lot of times over the next 15 years or so. Calling him a "whiny little *****" just shows your emotional investment in the debate.

* What about him not diving for the fumble? Yeah, that was not cool. He didn't have much chance of recovering it, but you gotta give it that old college try, right? If the Panthers want to give up on him over that (they don't), I'm sure there would be 31 other teams ready to make him their starter, including New England.

And just so you know, I was not rooting for Cam. I am only defending him inasmuch as I find the criticism to be over the top.

I don't know what to tell you gebobs. Everything you just wrote is irrelevant to the press conference thing. I haven't called him overrated. I haven't said anything other than he was an immature kid on the press conference. That is all I'm saying. I am right about that. All that other stuff is for another debate/thread.

gebobs
02-15-2016, 09:29 AM
Are you blind ? just stupid ? or maybe you don't know how to use the quote function ?

Are you stupid or do you not understand the difference between quoting and "cutting and editing".

This is my full post
And I quoted each word, without a single edit.

Guess me and the entire world saying he was wrong and an immature child are wrong.
I don't care or really believe what you think the "rest of the world" believes. This is about your calling out his maturty and intelligence based on the Lombardi quote.

You are correct. He acted like an honorable man.
Peyton agrees.

Victor7
02-15-2016, 09:35 AM
Are you stupid or do you not understand the difference between quoting and "cutting and editing".

And I quoted each word, without a single edit.

Lol

You edited it. For sure. Or did the rest of my post just happen to not show up on your quote?

Ok man, whatever you say. Guess that everything I wrote after the 1st line just so happened to be left out by accident.

You can't possibly be this inept.

I don't care or really believe what you think the "rest of the world" believes. This is about your calling out his maturty and intelligence based on the Lombardi quote.

Never called out his intelligence. Just his immaturity. The full ****** thing is an obvious joke.

You get dumber by the post man. Just let it go.

Peyton agrees.

Yeah, cool. Irrelevant. Also, ever heard of being politically correct ?

gebobs
02-15-2016, 09:35 AM
I don't know what to tell you gebobs. Everything you just wrote is irrelevant to the press conference thing.

All of it? Obviously you didn't bother to read my post. At any rate, your attempt to limit the discussion to just the presser is silly cherry picking. There's no reason to limit the discussion to the presser unless contrary evidence is so dissonant to your firmly held belief that Cam is a "whiny *****".

I haven't called him overrated. I haven't said anything other than he was an immature kid on the press conference. That is all I'm saying. I am right about that. All that other stuff is for another debate/thread.

Thus I said, "Regarding this thread, the entire thread,..." You know, from the beginning, not just your posts.

Victor7
02-15-2016, 09:40 AM
All of it? Obviously you didn't bother to read my post. At any rate, your attempt to limit the discussion to just the presser is silly cherry picking. There's no reason to limit the discussion to the presser unless contrary evidence is so dissonant to your firmly held belief that Cam is a "whiny *****".

Thus I said, "Regarding this thread, the entire thread,..." You know, from the beginning, not just your posts.

Cherry picking ??

Isn't that what you did with he Lombardi quote ?? .... you "cherry picked" the part that said "When did Lombardi say that" to post the pic making it look like I doubted it which I never did.

Lets just agree to disagree man.

I think he acted like an immature ***** (so does 90% of the people who saw it). There is however a faction of people who think he didn't or that it was ok given the circumstances. If you are part of that small percentage fine. To each their own.

gebobs
02-15-2016, 09:48 AM
You edited it. For sure. Or did the rest of my post just happen to not show up on your quote?

Ok man, whatever you say. Guess that everything I wrote after the 1st line just so happened to be left out by accident.

You may want to go back and see my post. Every word from your post is quoted and not a single one was edited. None. Zip. Nada. Everything after the first line is quoted directly below the meme.

You can't possibly be this inept.

Indeed.

Never called out his intelligence. Just his immaturity. The full ****** thing is an obvious joke.

Allow me to quote: "Way to double down on the stupid Cam. Yet another wasted opportunity to show maturity and intelligence down the drain.

Yeah, cool. Irrelevant. Also, ever heard of being politically correct ?

Is that what you really think? Peyton is just being politically correct? In private he's saying that Cam is a "whiny *****" like you?

gebobs
02-15-2016, 09:54 AM
Cherry picking ??

Isn't that what you did with he Lombardi quote ?? .... you "cherry picked" the part that said "When did Lombardi say that" to post the pic making it look like I doubted it which I never did.

OK...so I made a mistake. You knew that Lombardi said it. You also claimed it indicated some lack of maturity and intelligence, but let's get past that.

Now can we get past the "you do it too"? We can all agree that his presser showed some measure of immaturity. Bad Cam! Mkay?

Now can we also agree that his demeanor on the field immediately after the game conversely showed some measure of maturity? How do we resolve that? Is it possible that maybe he's not the epitome of "whiny *****" that you think?

Of the two instances, in which is the immaturity less grievous? Would you have preferred he ignored the shake and coddled the media?

I think he acted like an immature ***** (so does 90% of the people who saw it).

Stop making claims you can't possibly back up to bolster your position. It won't fly with me. And even if it did, argumentum ad populum is a logical fallacy of the worst sort.

Victor7
02-15-2016, 10:00 AM
OK...so I made a mistake. You knew that Lombardi said it. You also claimed it indicated some lack of maturity and intelligence, but let's get past that.

Now can we get past the "you do it too"? We can all agree that his presser showed some measure of immaturity. Bad Cam! Mkay?

Now can we also agree that his demeanor on the field immediately after the game conversely showed some measure of maturity? How do we resolve that? Is it possible that maybe he's not the epitome of "whiny *****" that you think?

Stop making claims you can't possibly back up to bolster your position. It won't fly with me. And even if it did, argumentum ad populum is a logical fallacy of the worst sort.

Hey man. You may think its a fallacy, fine. But there's a reason most people think he was a very immature person in that presser whether you like it or not. Its because he acted exactly like that. For ****s sake man Deon Sanders one of the all time loudmouth, asshats, clowns of all time condemned him.

Like I said, agree to disagree. I just happen to be on the side of most people.

gebobs
02-15-2016, 10:07 AM
Hey man. You may think its a fallacy, fine. But there's a reason most people think he was a very immature person in that presser whether you like it or not. Its because he acted exactly like that. For ****s sake man Deon Sanders one of the all time loudmouth, asshats, clowns of all time condemned him.
For the press conference.

I G E T I T. How many times do I have to repeat it? Big effing deal. He blew a presser. Oh my god! What a heinous piece of dog crap!

Like I said, agree to disagree. I just happen to be on the side of most people.
Let me ask you again. Would you have preferred that he didn't shake hands after the game and congratulate a bunch of the Broncos including Peyton Manning and then gone in and give a super presser? I think of the two, blowing off the presser is far less grievous. I mean really. The presser is just another stupid show. The shake after the game is the truer measure of sportsmanship of the two.

Victor7
02-15-2016, 10:19 AM
For the press conference.

I G E T I T. How many times do I have to repeat it? Big effing deal. He blew a presser. Oh my god! What a heinous piece of dog crap!

Let me ask you again. Would you have preferred that he didn't shake hands after the game and congratulate a bunch of the Broncos including Peyton Manning and then gone in and give a super presser? I think of the two, blowing off the presser is far less grievous. I mean really. The presser is just another stupid show. The shake after the game is the truer measure of sportsmanship of the two.

I agree. It's far less grievous that way than your other scenario. This all would also be less of an issue if he wasn't such a "showman" most other time. But he has to know that pressers are part of the deal, not just when you win.

mdcas22
02-15-2016, 11:58 AM
the guy just lost a superbowl and while at his presser he could hear one of the bronco's d-back doing a presser, I don't no why everyone is picking him apart because he could have easily done what Lynch or Belicheck do and not speak at all. Did he sound immature? yes did he act childish? yes but he still is one of the elite QB's in the league, he hardly had any wr's to throw too yet still got them to the superbowl.

feldspar
02-15-2016, 01:23 PM
the guy just lost a superbowl and while at his presser he could hear one of the bronco's d-back doing a presser, I don't no why everyone is picking him apart because he could have easily done what Lynch or Belicheck do and not speak at all. Did he sound immature? yes did he act childish? yes but he still is one of the elite QB's in the league, he hardly had any wr's to throw too yet still got them to the superbowl.

To me, it's a question of handling adversity.

If you go back in the thread, I was saying some of the same things people are saying now BEFORE the presser even happened...before the game ever happened. Historically, the guy gets too up when things go his way, and too down when they don't...at least from where I'm sitting. There is the bi-polar element IMO.

Again, if he were my QB, I'd prefer it if he were more even-keeled. I'm sure that confidence and positive thinking play a part in his success (duh), but you can't expect everything to go your way all the time...I don't care who you are. Nobody should feel entitled to win a football game, ever.