PDA

View Full Version : Bills Target: Will Fuller? A Bills Focused Scouting Report

KaMassare
01-31-2016, 10:03 PM
Rob has broken it down perfectly:

http://buildingtheherd.com/nfl-draft/2016-nfl-draft-will-fuller-notre-dame-wr-a-potential-buffalo-bills-target/

X-Era
02-01-2016, 08:53 AM
Great prospect. In the 2nd round I like Josh Doctson if he's there. He's not the ideal build for a possession receiver either be he has an amazing ability to grab the ball with guys draped all over him. He's deceptively smooth and getting separation as well. It's possible that he's not available in the 2nd but Doctson would be a fantastic add as a #2.

OpIv37
02-01-2016, 09:09 AM
I'm a Notre Dame fan and Will Fuller is a great player that I'd love to see in a Bills uniform.

That being said, drafting another WR high shows why this team never improves. We drafted Robert Woods in the second 3 years ago. The following year, we spent TWO first round draft picks on Watkins, and we signed Percy Harvin. That's a lot of limited resources being devoted to a position where we still need to improve.

SpikedLemonade
02-01-2016, 09:25 AM
I'm a Notre Dame fan and Will Fuller is a great player that I'd love to see in a Bills uniform.

That being said, drafting another WR high shows why this team never improves. We drafted Robert Woods in the second 3 years ago. The following year, we spent TWO first round draft picks on Watkins, and we signed Percy Harvin. That's a lot of limited resources being devoted to a position where we still need to improve.

Yup.

However, that is what many fans want and it sells hope and thus tickets.

There are very few of us who wish they would draft OL early and often to fill those 5 starting positions.

k-oneputt
02-01-2016, 10:05 AM

All true. The problem is Woods isn't good enough to be a legit #2, he is a #3 at best.
Harvin is a legit #2 but is a nut case and who really knows what you can expect from him.

This team badly needs a #2 because Watkins is the real deal and he will be getting even more coverage attention next year.

It is a need.

kingJofNYC
02-01-2016, 10:07 AM
We devoted some 2nd day picks on OL, Miller and Cyrus, but neither have shown NFL starter potential. Miller is still young, but he had a rough season, Cyrus is a bust. OL early is nice, but it won't matter if we keep missing on them with our grades. That's the problem, we can't scout OL to save our lives. Woods and Glenn are the only homegrown guys that have started more than two seasons.

k-oneputt
02-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Well drafting and grades has been a problem for almost 20 yrs now, but it has improved the last couple of years imo.

1st rd. has to be an ot or dl.

Mr. Miyagi
02-01-2016, 10:32 AM
We devoted some 2nd day picks on OL, Miller and Cyrus, but neither have shown NFL starter potential. Miller is still young, but he had a rough season, Cyrus is a bust. OL early is nice, but it won't matter if we keep missing on them with our grades. That's the problem, we can't scout OL to save our lives. Woods and Glenn are the only homegrown guys that have started more than two seasons.
Do you watch games? Miller is legit starter. He performed well beyond any rookie expectations.

I agree we could use a better RT.

DraftBoy
02-01-2016, 10:35 AM
My biggest issue with Fuller is that he's not a natural hands catcher. He double catches a lot of balls and will drop some passes that he should have no issue catching. That being said he's a guy who runs solid routes, has speed to burn, and is a big play waiting to happen. I would love to see him in a Bills uniform because I think he'd be a good addition for Taylor's deep ball.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Harvin is gone this year, no question. That was a one year contract disguised as a three year contract for cap purposes.

That said, Watkins, Woods, Hogan, Clay, and McCoy are a sufficient pass catching corps for the moment. We need to build our OL. Hopefully OLeary or Lewis show something this year.

kingJofNYC
02-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Do you watch games? Miller is legit starter. He performed well beyond any rookie expectations.

I agree we could use a better RT.

Your expectations were low, I thought he was poor, with occasional signs of life. The good thing is, he's a rookie, still time to develop, I'm not writing him off just yet.

Edit: I think we have to upgrade from Hogan, not a fan. Let Woods play the Hogan roll and upgrade at the other receiver spot. Doesn't mean we have to go in on receiver early, would prefer we focus on the defensive front 7.

YardRat
02-01-2016, 11:41 AM
Harvin is not, and never again will be a 'legit' #2...he's a gadget player whose value as a 'legit #2' stayed in Minnesota when he left.

Bill Cody
02-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Another shiny toy. You notice NE never drafts WR in the 1st round. I would be opposed to this.

Mahdi
02-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Players like this can be found later in the draft.

We need to revamp the DL.

As it is now before FA, we need 3 new starters in the front 7. 5-tech DE, NT, OLB.

2 out of our first 3 picks should be front 7.

Joe Fo Sho
02-01-2016, 12:09 PM

If you would have told me last year that this is who we should draft this year I would have told you to go pound salt.

Mace
02-01-2016, 05:14 PM
Players like this can be found later in the draft.

We need to revamp the DL.

As it is now before FA, we need 3 new starters in the front 7. 5-tech DE, NT, OLB.

Have to agree. There should still be a couple decent wr's left later. I think they need some blue collar talent and need to avoid skill positions at least the first couple rounds if not longer. Would be good to see them get a Ryan type safety also, because I don't think Aaron is going to be durable. An OT would be good, but I see Whaley married to Seantrelrus Koundjenderson.

justasportsfan
02-02-2016, 07:23 AM

Yup. We need offensive line since Tyrod isn't all that great at getting rid of the ball fast. He's going to need time to throw to receivers we anyways.

ParanoidAndroid
02-02-2016, 08:57 AM
I like De'Runnya Wilson in the 4th or 5th. Maybe Cayleb Jones in the 6th.

ParanoidAndroid
02-02-2016, 08:59 AM
Have to agree. There should still be a couple decent wr's left later. I think they need some blue collar talent and need to avoid skill positions at least the first couple rounds if not longer. Would be good to see them get a Ryan type safety also, because I don't think Aaron is going to be durable. An OT would be good, but I see Whaley married to Seantrelrus Koundjenderson.

Henderson would be fine but he may not be able to play football. He has the talent. Kujo is a bust.

k-oneputt
02-02-2016, 09:18 AM
I like De'Runnya Wilson in the 4th or 5th. Maybe Cayleb Jones in the 6th.

I like both those guys in the mid/late rds. Like Pharoah Cooper also somewhere in those rds.