PDA

View Full Version : I just puked a bit in my mouth...

gebobs
02-01-2016, 02:36 PM
A sure sign the Apocalypse is nigh...

ticatfan
02-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Does anybody watch the super bowl for the game?

gebobs
02-01-2016, 03:12 PM

Mot me. It's too painful. I don't watch it at all anymore.

swiper
02-01-2016, 04:29 PM
I want to watch to see Peyton Manning take a beating.

pmoon6
02-01-2016, 04:33 PM
I want to watch to see Peyton Manning take a beating.Second that emotion.

pmoon6
02-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Does anybody watch the super bowl for the game?I watch it just to have an excuse to make chicken wings for the last time until the start of next season.

Mace
02-01-2016, 05:02 PM
I watch it for the Peyton Manning commercials.

YardRat
02-01-2016, 05:40 PM
My wife watches for the commercials, once in awhile she'll sit and catch a 'human interest' story or two on the pregame. Eventually she does get mildly invested in the game, (she'll actively root against "That ****ing cheater"...I'm so proud) on her own terms. This year she was thinking about rooting for the pot-smokers over the racist rebels, but the 'Blind Side guy thingie' has her in a little bit of a quandary at the moment.

Mace
02-01-2016, 06:14 PM
My wife watches for the commercials, once in awhile she'll sit and catch a 'human interest' story or two on the pregame. Eventually she does get mildly invested in the game, (she'll actively root against "That ****ing cheater"...I'm so proud) on her own terms. This year she was thinking about rooting for the pot-smokers over the racist rebels, but the 'Blind Side guy thingie' has her in a little bit of a quandary at the moment.

She'll spend all game idly messing with your luxurious locks anyway while your son tells you both what's REALLY going on in the game.

sukie
02-01-2016, 09:01 PM
shameless is on

feldspar
02-01-2016, 10:24 PM
My girlfriend almost makes watch the Super Bowl with her, and she doesn't care jack squat about football. She can name Roethlisberger, and that's about it...something I make fun of her about.

She's waiting for the commercials, really. They've been poor. Normally, I avoid commercials like the plague...I don't think they've ever influenced me to buy anything even once.

- - - Updated - - -

shameless is on

Is that a good show?

Generalissimus Gibby
02-02-2016, 12:20 AM
I always go to the Sunday evening Mess in Superbowl Sunday. The traffic is non existent, I can have my choice of pews, and since Fr usually wants to see the game himself the homily is it so very short.

Bill Cody
02-02-2016, 08:10 AM
Super Bowl = semi legit excuse to pour 3-4 beers down my throat

cookie G
02-02-2016, 08:46 AM

Call me a purist...I still actually like the game of football.
I like watching the game of football.
I like discussing the game of football with those who understand it.

2 years ago, I was talked into having a "Super Bowl party" After cooking all day, people talked through the whole game, and would tell everyone to 'be quiet" for the commercials.

Afterwards, I came on here and said something like "next year, a bowl of popcorn and a few beers and I'll be fine."

I begged off of it last year, did just that, and I was happy.

This year, I'm stuck going to a party where people use it as an excuse to eat or drink. I'll have to ask to put the game on..

I'll DVR it and watch it later.

Victor7
02-02-2016, 09:23 AM
Of course I watch it !

Are you guys not football fans ?

Some Super Bowls have been great games. There's always a cool story line or two as well.

I cant believe some of you don't watch it. In fact I think you all do but just pretend like you don't to sound "cool"

I love football. I watch as many games as possible all season long.

k-oneputt
02-02-2016, 09:27 AM
This board isn't really about the Bills and football anymore.

There are a few left but it is dwindling.

Pinkerton Security
02-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Call me a purist...I still actually like the game of football.
I like watching the game of football.
I like discussing the game of football with those who understand it.

2 years ago, I was talked into having a "Super Bowl party" After cooking all day, people talked through the whole game, and would tell everyone to 'be quiet" for the commercials.

Afterwards, I came on here and said something like "next year, a bowl of popcorn and a few beers and I'll be fine."

I begged off of it last year, did just that, and I was happy.

This year, I'm stuck going to a party where people use it as an excuse to eat or drink. I'll have to ask to put the game on..

I'll DVR it and watch it later.

a "purist" can't eat, drink and watch football at the same time? I'll be eating plenty, drinking plenty, and hanging out with people who also want to watch the game...

gebobs
02-02-2016, 10:36 AM
Concur. The damn commercials and the fascination with them are emblematic of what's wrong with football now.

Watching the national championship on ESPN was nice. They had a bunch of different feeds and the one I liked best had no commentary at all. Half the commentary is just them hyping what's going to be on dancing With the Stars or whatever anyway. I watched on my iPad too and there are no commercials either. Perhaps they'll have something similar for the Super Bowl.

- - - Updated - - -

a "purist" can't eat, drink and watch football at the same time? I'll be eating plenty, drinking plenty, and hanging out with people who also want to watch the game...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. Complete silence and fasting for three days prior and during the game.

ticatfan
02-03-2016, 07:08 AM
A little off topic, but a young lad that works for me ,is playing in the international bowl in texas this weekend.

pmoon6
02-03-2016, 07:47 AM
Concur. The damn commercials and the fascination with them are emblematic of what's wrong with football now.

Watching the national championship on ESPN was nice. They had a bunch of different feeds and the one I liked best had no commentary at all. Half the commentary is just them hyping what's going to be on dancing With the Stars or whatever anyway. I watched on my iPad too and there are no commercials either. Perhaps they'll have something similar for the Super Bowl.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. Complete silence and fasting for three days prior and during the game.Very few Fans are actually fans of the game itself. Most couldn't tell you the difference between the MIKE and SAM linebacker.

Fans today just like a team and usually only if the win. It makes them feel like winners themselves and gives them a vicarious thrill.

Victor7
02-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Very few Fans are actually fans of the game itself. Most couldn't tell you the difference between the MIKE and SAM linebacker.

Fans today just like a team and usually only if the win. It makes them feel like winners themselves and gives them a vicarious thrill.

True.

Have you noticed the amazing influx of Seahawks fan lately ??

They will all claim they've been "fans for life". They probably can't tell you who Dave Krieg or Steve Largent are or the name of the stadium that precedes Century Link Field.

I expect "life long fans" of the Panthers to also start coming out of everywhere. I've liked Cam since he was in college ! ..... sure thing bud. You probably don't even know where he went to college before Auburn.

Mr. Miyagi
02-03-2016, 08:47 AM
I hope they sack Cam so hard he fumbles the ball for a touchdown and they do the Cam dance in his ****** face while standing over him.

gebobs
02-03-2016, 08:54 AM
True.

They will all claim they've been "fans for life". They probably can't tell you who Dave Krieg or Steve Largent are or the name of the stadium that precedes Century Link Field.

I expect "life long fans" of the Panthers to also start coming out of everywhere. I've liked Cam since he was in college ! ..... sure thing bud. You probably don't even know where he went to college before Auburn.

Wait until the Bills start winning and we'll see the same thing. How many people regularly contribute on this particular forum? A few dozen?

There will be ten times that when the Bills finally become contenders again. Just you wait...and wait...and wait...

k-oneputt
02-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Very few Fans are actually fans of the game itself. Most couldn't tell you the difference between the MIKE and SAM linebacker.

You got that right.
You forgot WILL.

k-oneputt
02-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Patriot fans are the worse.
Before Brady and when they had some real lean years you couldn't find a Pats fan.
Same with the Packers for a while.

pmoon6
02-03-2016, 09:56 AM
True.

I expect "life long fans" of the Panthers to also start coming out of everywhere. I've liked Cam since he was in college ! ..... sure thing bud. You probably don't even know where he went to college before Auburn.Kinda like the 500,000 Fans that were at the "Comeback Game", never left, and knew we were gonna win despite the deficit.

Mr. Miyagi
02-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Wait until the Bills start winning and we'll see the same thing. How many people regularly contribute on this particular forum? A few dozen?

There will be ten times that when the Bills finally become contenders again. Just you wait...and wait...and wait...
None of us here could be called bandwagon fans if we ever start winning. We're OGs.

Mr. Miyagi
02-03-2016, 10:32 AM
True.

http://www.kappit.com/img/pics/201511_0915_dhbba.jpg

cookie G
02-03-2016, 11:58 AM

I envy you.

And I totally agree, yes, of course you can eat and drink and watch the game. I go out quite a bit to watch Bills games at a sports bar. I've been taking my sons since they were little. (the oldest is the only football fan). In those times, I try to make sure those I invite actually like the game. And...I can always strike up a conversation with fans of another team.

Unfortunate for me, this Super Bowl Party phenomena, the people in my social circles aren't sports fans, but insist on a Super Bowl Party.

I've lost seeing the point, myself.

cookie G
02-03-2016, 12:01 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. Complete silence and fasting for three days prior and during the game.

I can almost put up with the commercials, the half time shows usually depress me (watching Half-A-Who perform was brutal).

But damn...when the game is on...at least let me watch it.

BTW, I saw that there is an ad free feed that can be obtained, and you can run it through Roku or Chromecast. Not sure how that works...but it might be something to consider.

feldspar
02-03-2016, 12:30 PM

That's not true. Most people know that Sam is the gay one.

Of course Mike is also openly homosexual. Some of the more ignorant get confused, because we all know that Mike and Sam are the same person.

http://www.theroot.com/content/dam/theroot/blogs/the_take/2014/05/nfl_player_disgusted_at_michael_sam_s_kiss/474632819-former-missouri-defensive-lineman-michael-sam-looks-on.jpg.CROP.rtstory-large.jpg

This is what we talk about.

As far as anyone knows, Will is straight as an arrow.

gebobs
02-03-2016, 12:47 PM
But he's weak.

pmoon6
02-03-2016, 01:34 PM

Of course Mike is also openly homosexual. Some of the more ignorant get confused, because we all know that Mike and Sam are the same person.

http://www.theroot.com/content/dam/theroot/blogs/the_take/2014/05/nfl_player_disgusted_at_michael_sam_s_kiss/474632819-former-missouri-defensive-lineman-michael-sam-looks-on.jpg.CROP.rtstory-large.jpg

As far as anyone knows, Will is straight as an arrow.:rofl:

Best...post...ever!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
02-03-2016, 02:05 PM

Funny I never thought about it. How is it that a guy named Mike Sam doesn't play linebacker??

YardRat
02-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Funny I never thought about it. How is it that a guy named Mike Sam doesn't play linebacker??

He doesn't have the Will to change positions. And why should he? Accept him for who he is forcrissakes.

Mace
02-03-2016, 06:43 PM
He doesn't have the Will to change positions. And why should he? Accept him for who he is forcrissakes.

Say, that's a stylish avatar and meaningful sig, I must admit.

Mr. Cynical
02-03-2016, 09:50 PM

Only if a) your team is playing, or b) you have money on it. Otherwise most people use it as an excuse to eat barrels of nachos, drink gallons of cheap beer and make an ass of yourself. Hold on, I just described most of my normal weekends. Never mind.