• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

TBN Sullivan : Hey, Rex, send us a postcard

Last week, it would have been nice if they were in the same place. Whaley was in Mobile. Ala., at the Senior Bowl, scouting college talent and, to use his words, “putting his nose down and working hard” to get ready for the NFL draft.

Where was Ryan, the man we’re supposed to believe is working arm-in-arm with Whaley to get things right? In Hawaii at the Pro Bowl, enjoying what appeared to be a nice vacation after guiding the Bills on their latest heroic run to a .500 season.

Story isn't about Sullivan in this case, I think he has a good point. It's a few days old but I've been thinking about it.

Does Ryan deserve some R&R, well everyone does, but well...

I think most coaches with something to prove, or driven coaches with concerns, would have been sitting there with the GM, comparing notes and talking serious football, probably with key staff members also. Serious coaches.

Reinforces my thought Ryan is oblivious, everything is fine. Has to be, because he thinks it is. I don't really agree with Sully that Ryan is resigned and uncaring, I think Ryan just doesn't see the need to care, everything is fine, because he thinks it is. I don't really see how he had the luxury of not being at the Senior Bowl this year.
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

Re: TBN Sullivan : Hey, Rex, send us a postcard

He didn't have any potential veteran free agents to show his support for as he did at the Pro Bowl at the Senior Bowl.

This reinforces my thoughts that Jerry Sullivan is an a-hole.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Rexy's due diligence, scouting some Samoan players while learning how to Hula
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mace
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
        He didn't have any potential veteran free agents to show his support for as he did at the Pro Bowl at the Senior Bowl.

This reinforces my thoughts that Jerry Sullivan is an a-hole.
        Wood is under contract through 2017, Taylor will write his own ticket next season, so you're saying he went to Hawaii for the sake of Incognito instead of scouting for Ryan men at the Senior Bowl ? That's dubious. I don't think there's any way you don't want your HC with your GM, heads together, over the future after your team came up notably inadequate in your honeymoon season.

Sullivan just pointed out the obvious. Which was obvious unless you're in denial, imho.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Wrecks is just here for the money, for himself and his cronies.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Wrecks is just here for the money, for himself and his cronies.
            Say, what did we bet about Chandler ? Unless he has a phenomenal Superbowl for a team he doesn't belong to, it's not looking good. Bet me something again next year and it's going to cost you some luxurious locks.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

I heard that fat walrus looking ass slob Andy Reid was there, too. Look for the Chiefs fall off pretty hard next year.

Comment

• Mace
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                I heard that fat walrus looking ass slob Andy Reid was there, too. Look for the Chiefs fall off pretty hard next year.
                I'm getting the idea you do not have positive feelings for Andy Reid.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                  I'm getting the idea you do not have positive feelings for Andy Reid.
                  Haha, actually no. I really like Andy Reid pretty much because of Donovan McNabb.

I was simply saying that I don't mind Rex being in Hawaii during the Pro Bowl, I was just saying it like a dick.

Comment

• Mace
                    • Mar 2013

Haha, actually no. I really like Andy Reid pretty much because of Donovan McNabb.

I was simply saying that I don't mind Rex being in Hawaii during the Pro Bowl, I was just saying it like a dick.
                    I used to love the Chiefs, waffle on Reid, but he was the right guy there.

They were 11-5 though. 11-5 maybe you vacation in Hawaii. 8-8 with offense selections you didn't have anything to do with for photo ops though means you get your honker back to the books and go to the Senior Bowl to work with your GM and make sure you're on the same page, probably once an hour if you are serious and want to catch up to Andy Reid, much less Bill Belichick though you talk about it an awful lot like it happens magically from one year to the next.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

I used to love the Chiefs, waffle on Reid, but he was the right guy there.
                      I think a big reason I like Reid is that he took so much crap in Philly, all while being very successful and making it to 4 NFC championships in a row. My brother in law is an Eagles fan and was constantly complaining about him. I was like...would you rather have Jauron? Or Mularkey? Or Williams?

They were 11-5 though. 11-5 maybe you vacation in Hawaii.
                      Reid was coaching the Rice Team this year in the Pro Bowl, that's the only reason he was there. I was being sarcastic.

8-8 with offense selections you didn't have anything to do with for photo ops though means you get your honker back to the books and go to the Senior Bowl to work with your GM and make sure you're on the same page, probably once an hour if you are serious and want to catch up to Andy Reid, much less Bill Belichick though you talk about it an awful lot like it happens magically from one year to the next.
                      Rex certainly has room for improvement, but that doesn't mean I think he can't take a vacation before the Super Bowl is played. The current season isn't even over, he's got time to get on the same page as Whaley. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Rex certainly has room for improvement, but that doesn't mean I think he can't take a vacation before the Super Bowl is played. The current season isn't even over, he's got time to get on the same page as Whaley. Just my 2 cents.
                        Fair enough. i guess my gripe is that we always assume Ryan has time for whatever, tuning his D, tuning his game management, tuning his roster, refining his ideas, adapting to circumstance, putting his nose to the grindstone, but instead you get toothy face time and more words while his GM is at least trying. I'm not a fan of Whaley, but he's at least got his nose in his work.

I mean you can try hard to succeed or dork around figuring everything is fine. I think last season put Ryan in the latter camp and I still don't think he's learned a thing or he'd have his face in every nook and cranny that he could to find an edge.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Say, what did we bet about Chandler ? Unless he has a phenomenal Superbowl for a team he doesn't belong to, it's not looking good. Bet me something again next year and it's going to cost you some luxurious locks.
                          The locks are not on the table, but IIRC I'm supposed to sport an avatar of your choosing for a month. You make the call, I'll don the pic.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

It was number one on my Fix Rex list: Quit jet-setting and get to work.

Everyone's allowed to take a vacation, and Hawaii in January sounds divine, but there's a lot of work left to do.

Number two on my Fix Rex list was Get on the same page with your GM.

I swear sometimes I think these guys are reading and plagerizing my stuff.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

I sure don't want coaches being the biggest voice on the picks. Scouts have been watching these guys all year, not just 15 minutes from the stands in Mobile.

Remember 2006 when Jauron picked Whitner over Ngata. Let the scouts and Whaley do their job.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X