PDA

View Full Version : Annual SB Food thread...whatcha having?

stuckincincy
02-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Here, strip steaks over charcoal...51 degrees and sunny tomorrow.

How 'bout you and yours? :drive:

Night Train
02-06-2016, 03:15 PM
A case of Flying Bison Aviator Red and 1 Slim Jim.

YardRat
02-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Party fare (finger foods, pizza, veggies and cold cuts) and the traditional cake.

BillsImpossible
02-06-2016, 03:40 PM
Beer, more beer, home cooked wings, and beer.

BillsImpossible
02-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Party fare (finger foods, pizza, veggies and cold cuts) and the traditional cake.

Cake?

YardRat, are you really Tom Brady?

YardRat
02-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Cake?

Cake fits the occasion better than donuts or ice cream.

YardRat, are you really Tom Brady?

I don't cheat.

bleve
02-06-2016, 05:27 PM
I usually try to prepare something regional of one of the teams playing, ie. Green Bay/Brats, New Orleans/Gumbo, etc.

I don't really care for Carolina Mustard/Vinegar based BBQ, and Denver doesn't have any signature food (don't even think about Rocky Mountain Oysters) that I know of.

So, being the actual game is in California, I'll grill up some Santa Maria style Tri-Tip. Denver has a pretty good beer scene so I'll get some brews from Oskar Blue's to use as an excuse.

I make a California bastardization of a French Dip, I use tri-tip and an awesome local ciabatta bread from a local baker instead of baguette. I'll slather the ciabatta with plenty of horseradish, dip the rare slices of tri-tip into a pan of au jus and pile it on the bread. Then I top it with some arugula picked from the garden. It's my own signature sandwich, and it's soooooooo ****ing gooood!

bleve
02-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Beer, more beer, home cooked wings, and beer.

Details?

Mace
02-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Well, I bartered for a steer with the idea of having some steak subs, but he didn't like me getting him into the cellar much, so he has me trapped in my cellar apt after trampling my groceries in a rage. I'm thinking I'll order a pizza delivered to the other door. My lettuce, cheese and rolls are probably done for out there.

I'll call the police after the game and blame my employers for unsafe working conditions and loss of groceries, damn steer was fine until I rode him down the steps and closed the door. Uh oh, I hear yelling out there, forgot to tell the gf to use the other door...

Mace
02-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Steak subs with trampled lettuce, cheese, and rolls.

YardRat
02-06-2016, 07:34 PM
I mention cake, while bleve is tossing around 'ciabatta', 'baguette', 'au jus' and 'arugula' and I get the Brady smack?

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-06-2016, 07:50 PM
scotch, beer and ribs.

stuckincincy
02-06-2016, 09:18 PM
Details?

Here's a recipe for baked wings - no pot of oil, no smelling up the house.

Set oven to 300 F.

Run wings under water to rinse, pat dry, then separate lowers and uppers and clip off tips with poultry shears and/or cleaver. Line a 12 by 18 inch baking pan (the ones with about a 1/2 inch raised lip - not a flat cookie sheet) with foil - heavy duty is preferable.

Place lowers in with the outside skin faced down in the pan. Uppers - place them "skin side" down. The idea is to minimize skin contact with the foil after a flip. Sprinkle a little paprika on them. Do not brush on any oil. After about a half hour, flip 'em over. Then turn the oven up to 400 and bake until you like the level of crispness. Do not move them to the oven broiler to crisp - these heated oil bombs will light up like a rocket...

Put them into a container with a lid to shake and coat them. I use Frank's hot sauce, a small pat of margarine, some paprika, tumeric, marjoram, tobasco, salt, and dried parsley flakes.

P.S. your oven may be different, so experiment with temps and times.

Bon apetit!

Ingtar33
02-07-2016, 01:21 PM
Here, strip steaks over charcoal...51 degrees and sunny tomorrow.

How 'bout you and yours? :drive:

Its sunny and nice, got the grill going, having a bunch of friends coming over soon. my wife has been cooking sides and prepping appetizers since church this morning. I get the fun of the grill, got a bunch of bone in ribeye steaks, shipped in the Sahlen's Hotdogs (wish i could get these locally) plenty of Andouille sausage; ground beef for hamburgers and some traditional bratz as well

In anticipation of a snoozer of a game I've been prepping the food and entertainment just in case.

Mace
02-07-2016, 03:30 PM
I mention cake, while bleve is tossing around 'ciabatta', 'baguette', 'au jus' and 'arugula' and I get the Brady smack?

It's that snarky avatar of yours.

Mace
02-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Ok, the paramedics finally got my screaming gf out of here, and I have a hold on the steer's leg, with half a roll and handful of soiled lettuce, the police were shooting but I stopped them atm by shouting I have it under control and it's a private residence. The steer is roughing me up pretty good but I keep trying to get a bite of roll and lettuce while I gnaw on him. I think next year I'm going to need some tips so I can do this better. Ok, he's moving away from the keyboarhjsg

Victor7
02-08-2016, 11:39 AM
Sandwiches and some steaks on the grill.

Also made a chilly based dip for the tortilla chips. It was awesome.

Big groan to all the ones that mentioned veggies.

You are not girls.

Uncle Jesse
02-08-2016, 06:52 PM
We fried chicken fingers, pizza logs, motz sticks, and made fresh cut fries for our meal, and of course lots of beer. Doesn't get any more unhealthy than that. 3 deep fryers going at once, it was like a god damn carnival and I loved it.

Mr. Cynical
02-08-2016, 11:24 PM
Vegan kale chips, basil hummus, organic carrots and a delicious tofurkey sub... oh and fresh melon for dessert.

:couch:

(kidding....effing wings, tater tots and bud ;)