POST SB : Hangovers, Gambling Results, and the "State of your Colon" Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

POST SB : Hangovers, Gambling Results, and the "State of your Colon" Thread...

Well anyone here wake up totally wrecked? Feeling a bit bloated, Lighter in the wallet?

I remember back in the 4peat years... I came to work still drunk but tried ever so hard to "man up". All day feeling rough with the depression of losing YET AGAIN slightly overshadowed by the percolating chicken wing, Sahlems, 9 layer dip, Doritos with beer / tequila marinade and a fist full of Rolaids.

Never won much with those "grid" bets... you know where you select boxes foe 5 bucks or 10 bucks each.
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Re: POST SB : Hangovers, Gambling Results, and the "State of your Colon" Thread...

I was up all night with my 4 year old who had leg cramps. Does that count?

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

Re: POST SB : Hangovers, Gambling Results, and the "State of your Colon" Thread...

For me living on the west coast helps because after I drink through the game I have hours to re-hydrate and try to mitigate the hangover. It worked, my sleep was pretty restless but I feel fine otherwise.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

It also helps when your team was out of it 14 weeks ago. I still cannot believe I never took a vacation day in the early 90s

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Comon now... No one felt a little worse than rough ?

Comment

• gebobs
            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
            • Sep 2003

I wasn't even going to watch it but my wife wanted to. In the end, I relented and ended up rooting for the AFC Broncos. Had about 8 beers. Kind of tired today but that may have more to do with the 6.6 mile (2000' vertical) hike we took yesterday with the dogs (getting ready for the Grand Canyon in May).
            Last edited by gebobs; 02-08-2016, 02:41 PM.
            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

Mucha cerveza, no mas por favor!
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

I didn't drink, bet or eat chicken wings. Had a bit of pizza. Hated the Super Bowl. Hated the teams. Hate both QBs. Hated the half time show. And thought this years commercials were particularly sucky. Got up this morning, ran 5 k and thanked God that I wasn't Polish. Outside of the 4 hours I wasted yesterday, life is pretty good.

That Mountain Dew creation was particularly disturbing.

Comment

• bleve
                  • Mar 2005

I don't really do "super bowl parties". It's tough to watch. I don't give a rat's ass who sung the National Anthem, I don't give a **** who performed at halftime, and I don't give a crap about any commercials.

I had my tri-tip, and couple of beers, enjoyed Cam's post game melt-down, and went on my way.
                  "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                  ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• pmoon6
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Dec 2002

Watched the first half while having my chicken wing dinner. I don't drink so no alcohol.

Went to the bedroom and read for a half hour and then fell asleep.

A wild and crazy Super Bowl Sunday it wasn't.

I'm like some here. I just didn't give a ****.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Well, I'll admit it. Back in the 4peat years I was the same, but never felt roughed up, I was young and able to drink like a fish, eat as much grease as I wanted, and get up wanting more. Couple Pots of coffee and couple packs of smokes, more grease and I was right as rain. Not so young anymore.

Woke up today feeling like a trainwreck, didn't want to get out of bed, felt like I hadn't slept for a week, and was sure someone siphoned a water cooler into me while I was sleeping. Staggered around a while after I managed to get enough coffee in, did a couple mandatory things and clocked out for the rest of the day. One of my cats climbed into my arms as I sat blankly at the table, and fell asleep, I zoned out and blinked at the clock two hrs later. Kept sitting there. Was too much effort to hydrate. I thought..."hair of the dog"....was too much effort. Zoned out some more.

I think the thing that amazes me the most, is how I was so unaffected when I was younger, with so much more excess. Oh well. It's called getting old I guess.

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                        Well, I'll admit it. Back in the 4peat years I was the same, but never felt roughed up, I was young and able to drink like a fish, eat as much grease as I wanted, and get up wanting more. Couple Pots of coffee and couple packs of smokes, more grease and I was right as rain. Not so young anymore.

Woke up today feeling like a trainwreck, didn't want to get out of bed, felt like I hadn't slept for a week, and was sure someone siphoned a water cooler into me while I was sleeping. Staggered around a while after I managed to get enough coffee in, did a couple mandatory things and clocked out for the rest of the day. One of my cats climbed into my arms as I sat blankly at the table, and fell asleep, I zoned out and blinked at the clock two hrs later. Kept sitting there. Was too much effort to hydrate. I thought..."hair of the dog"....was too much effort. Zoned out some more.

I think the thing that amazes me the most, is how I was so unaffected when I was younger, with so much more excess. Oh well. It's called getting old I guess.
                        ...or not being able to process the toxins as quickly do to liver damage.

Comment

• mdcas22
                          the mouth of the south
                          • Aug 2015

I won 1500 on the Superbowl I'm happy.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by mdcas22 View Post
                            I won 1500 on the Superbowl I'm happy.
                            Congrats.....now about that loan...

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                              ...or not being able to process the toxins as quickly do to liver damage.
                              Liver, lungs, heart, brain, stomach, etc etc. An aging system of process besides. No helping it. I'm not even really sure if I knew then what I know now I'd have changed. Like who really thinks about two decades down the road until you get two decades down the road, when you're young and enjoying yourself without evident consequence ?

Comment

Working...
                              X