PDA

View Full Version : POST SB : Hangovers, Gambling Results, and the "State of your Colon" Thread...

sukie
02-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Well anyone here wake up totally wrecked? Feeling a bit bloated, Lighter in the wallet?

I remember back in the 4peat years... I came to work still drunk but tried ever so hard to "man up". All day feeling rough with the depression of losing YET AGAIN slightly overshadowed by the percolating chicken wing, Sahlems, 9 layer dip, Doritos with beer / tequila marinade and a fist full of Rolaids.

Never won much with those "grid" bets... you know where you select boxes foe 5 bucks or 10 bucks each.

DynaPaul
02-08-2016, 12:25 PM
I was up all night with my 4 year old who had leg cramps. Does that count?

IlluminatusUIUC
02-08-2016, 12:36 PM
For me living on the west coast helps because after I drink through the game I have hours to re-hydrate and try to mitigate the hangover. It worked, my sleep was pretty restless but I feel fine otherwise.

sukie
02-08-2016, 01:03 PM
It also helps when your team was out of it 14 weeks ago. I still cannot believe I never took a vacation day in the early 90s

sukie
02-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Comon now... No one felt a little worse than rough ?

gebobs
02-08-2016, 02:39 PM
I wasn't even going to watch it but my wife wanted to. In the end, I relented and ended up rooting for the AFC Broncos. Had about 8 beers. Kind of tired today but that may have more to do with the 6.6 mile (2000' vertical) hike we took yesterday with the dogs (getting ready for the Grand Canyon in May).

The last buffalo fan
02-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Mucha cerveza, no mas por favor! :ill:

swiper
02-08-2016, 03:55 PM
I didn't drink, bet or eat chicken wings. Had a bit of pizza. Hated the Super Bowl. Hated the teams. Hate both QBs. Hated the half time show. And thought this years commercials were particularly sucky. Got up this morning, ran 5 k and thanked God that I wasn't Polish. Outside of the 4 hours I wasted yesterday, life is pretty good.

That Mountain Dew creation was particularly disturbing.

bleve
02-08-2016, 04:23 PM
I don't really do "super bowl parties". It's tough to watch. I don't give a rat's ass who sung the National Anthem, I don't give a **** who performed at halftime, and I don't give a crap about any commercials.

I had my tri-tip, and couple of beers, enjoyed Cam's post game melt-down, and went on my way.

pmoon6
02-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Watched the first half while having my chicken wing dinner. I don't drink so no alcohol.

Went to the bedroom and read for a half hour and then fell asleep.

A wild and crazy Super Bowl Sunday it wasn't.

I'm like some here. I just didn't give a ****.

Mace
02-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Well, I'll admit it. Back in the 4peat years I was the same, but never felt roughed up, I was young and able to drink like a fish, eat as much grease as I wanted, and get up wanting more. Couple Pots of coffee and couple packs of smokes, more grease and I was right as rain. Not so young anymore.

Woke up today feeling like a trainwreck, didn't want to get out of bed, felt like I hadn't slept for a week, and was sure someone siphoned a water cooler into me while I was sleeping. Staggered around a while after I managed to get enough coffee in, did a couple mandatory things and clocked out for the rest of the day. One of my cats climbed into my arms as I sat blankly at the table, and fell asleep, I zoned out and blinked at the clock two hrs later. Kept sitting there. Was too much effort to hydrate. I thought..."hair of the dog"....was too much effort. Zoned out some more.

I think the thing that amazes me the most, is how I was so unaffected when I was younger, with so much more excess. Oh well. It's called getting old I guess.

pmoon6
02-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Well, I'll admit it. Back in the 4peat years I was the same, but never felt roughed up, I was young and able to drink like a fish, eat as much grease as I wanted, and get up wanting more. Couple Pots of coffee and couple packs of smokes, more grease and I was right as rain. Not so young anymore.

Woke up today feeling like a trainwreck, didn't want to get out of bed, felt like I hadn't slept for a week, and was sure someone siphoned a water cooler into me while I was sleeping. Staggered around a while after I managed to get enough coffee in, did a couple mandatory things and clocked out for the rest of the day. One of my cats climbed into my arms as I sat blankly at the table, and fell asleep, I zoned out and blinked at the clock two hrs later. Kept sitting there. Was too much effort to hydrate. I thought..."hair of the dog"....was too much effort. Zoned out some more.

I think the thing that amazes me the most, is how I was so unaffected when I was younger, with so much more excess. Oh well. It's called getting old I guess....or not being able to process the toxins as quickly do to liver damage.:D

mdcas22
02-08-2016, 06:18 PM
I won 1500 on the Superbowl I'm happy.

pmoon6
02-08-2016, 06:19 PM
I won 1500 on the Superbowl I'm happy.Congrats.....now about that loan...

Mace
02-08-2016, 06:27 PM
...or not being able to process the toxins as quickly do to liver damage.:D

Liver, lungs, heart, brain, stomach, etc etc. An aging system of process besides. No helping it. I'm not even really sure if I knew then what I know now I'd have changed. Like who really thinks about two decades down the road until you get two decades down the road, when you're young and enjoying yourself without evident consequence ?

pmoon6
02-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Liver, lungs, heart, brain, stomach, etc etc. An aging system of process besides. No helping it. I'm not even really sure if I knew then what I know now I'd have changed. Like who really thinks about two decades down the road until you get two decades down the road, when you're young and enjoying yourself without evident consequence ?Yup, I did it all as well. Closing the bar at 4:30, grabbing a ****ing chili dog or two, sleeping for two hours, get up, go to work and doing it all again the next night.

We were invulnerable, at least for a short while. I wouldn't change anything either.

BillsImpossible
02-08-2016, 06:42 PM
I made the mistake of having "just one beer" in the 4th quarter. Of course that led to about 8 more, passed out on the couch and woke up at 4:30 am to a dark TV screen.

The automatic shut off feature still freaks me out, and I hate it!

I used to pass out and wake up at a more reasonable time, like 1:30 am after hearing some late night TV infomercial blast me awake and off to bed.

Now they just let you lie there on your couch, beer in hand and wake up with a stiff neck 3 hours before work.

I seriously need to consult my TV manual and change the settings.

swiper
02-09-2016, 03:38 AM
Watched the first half while having my chicken wing dinner. I don't drink so no alcohol.

Went to the bedroom and read for a half hour and then fell asleep.

A wild and crazy Super Bowl Sunday it wasn't.

I'm like some here. I just didn't give a ****.

You weren't alone. Viewership was down 2.5 million viewers from last year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/08/111-9-million-super-bowl-viewers/

coastal
02-09-2016, 06:09 AM
I cooked a frozen pizza and ate wings from Publix.

i drank water.

Took a bit of a nap at one point.

cuddled with my basset hound.

sukie
02-09-2016, 06:12 AM
I cooked a frozen pizza and ate wings from Publix.

i drank water.

Took a bit of a nap at one point.

cuddled with my basset hound.

Marriage 'wussifies" us all. I watched "The Intern" and sadly admit to enjoying it.

k-oneputt
02-09-2016, 07:12 AM
I won 1500 on the Superbowl I'm happy.

Nice hit my friend. I love when people pound the books.
I hit my under play but actually won more on my Matsuyama bet when Fowler went brain dead and gave the tourney away.

swiper
02-09-2016, 10:48 AM
Nice hit my friend. I love when people pound my ass.
I hit my uncle then played and actually came more on my aunt after Fowler went brain dead and gave the lubricant away.

Fixed

k-oneputt
02-09-2016, 10:58 AM
Good job Swiper you pussy douche bag.

Aren't you looking into Peyton and his illegal supplements like the a-hole you are ?

swiper
02-09-2016, 11:01 AM
That post was laugh out loud moment for me. And your response just made it better.

k-oneputt
02-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Not surprised, punks like yourself get off on **** like that.
Go beat off to your mother.

swiper
02-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Not surprised, punks like yourself get off on **** like that.
Go beat off to your mother.

LOL @ you and your lame life.

k-oneputt
02-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Mines lame and you are worrying if Manning took HGH when he's going to retire ????????

Most of the league is on something. But go ahead and get to the bottom of it and post your results for us.

gebobs
02-09-2016, 11:49 AM
Fixed

Uncool.

stuckincincy
02-09-2016, 07:57 PM

I think the thing that amazes me the most, is how I was so unaffected when I was younger, with so much more excess. Oh well. It's called getting old I guess.

Get by with a little help from your friends...

https://www.naturesbounty.com/our-products/letter-vitamins/vitamin-b/quick-dissolve-b-12-5000-mcg-40-quick-dissolve-tablets/

Albany,n.y.
02-12-2016, 05:50 PM
I "lost" about $4,500 on the pre-game. I bought too soon last October & prices dropped-I could have saved about $1,500 per ticket if I had waited until 1/31. I bought 2 tickets & gave the $ equivalent to a 3rd person.

I ate some pizza, cheeseburger sliders, fries, bottle of Coca-Cola & ice cream at the Stubhub pregame party and the only food/drink I bought inside Levi's was a souvenir soda cup pop at the game. The cup came in handy because it was hot until the sun went down & we kept filling it up with water. Bought 2 Super Bowl pins & 2 hologram cover programs.

I couldn't get much out of the halftime show from the upper deck facing the back of the stage-I still don't know why people are upset with Beyoncé-I'll have to watch my recording sometime this weekend.

We stayed for the post-game presentation & then got the bus back to Freemont to drive back to Concord. Virtually no vehicle traffic to slow us down-most traffic was pedestrian traffic leaving the stadium.

PS: Stubhub had some celebrities at their party & on one of the stages was Ryan Fitzpatrick. I got a photo of him.