Would you make this move? Package Mario and Shady to move up in the draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Would you make this move? Package Mario and Shady to move up in the draft?

Probably won't happen, but it would be an interesting scenario. Hmmm..........
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Would you make this move? Package Mario and Shady to move up in the draft?

Nobody will trade for Mario because of his contract and base salary.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

or Shady for that matter.

Both making to much money AND are a pain in the ass.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Not this draft. Bills will have very good choices at DL, LB or OT at #19.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

So, someone is going to sacrifice their draft status for two guys who maybe have two productive years left, with one having an unpalatable cap hit and the other in legal trouble and likely to start the season suspended?

Don't be ridiculous. The only way a team would even consider that is a team that thinks they can win it all this year with a couple more pieces, and none of those teams are drafting higher than us. Plus, I'd be shocked if anyone had the cap to pull it off even if they were interested.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Victor7
            • Jul 2013

Obviously a fictitious scenario since nobody will ever take Mario's contract knowing we are gonna cut him. But for conversation's sake lets go ......

I'd do it if we could move up high enough to take Wentz or Goff. But just for them.

Comment

• Scumbag College
              • Oct 2002

If Al Davis was still alive he might trade for Shady and Mario.
              Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

Have to love ******ed trade scenarios

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

LOL...Is this an actual thread?
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Topas
                    German smartass
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                    If Al Davis was still alive he might trade for Shady and Mario.
                    No, becase they ae both not as quick as Darius Debbard-Hey, or whatever the name of this receiver was...

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by blackonyx89 View Post
                      Probably won't happen, but it would be an interesting scenario. Hmmm..........
                      Move up for what?

If there was a position where a) we desperately need a player to fill a hole and b) the prospect was a sure thing that would make a big impact on our fortunes and c) the other prospects at the position are significantly worse... then yes.

But I don't see the need due to the hole in the lineup, the big time player to fill that need, and the huge drop off at our need positions.

If you're trying to do it for a QB, this is not the draft to do that in IMO. OT? The drop off isn't that large with many prospects at several tiers, DL? Same as OT. LB? Same as OT and DL.

Comment

• dasaybz
                        • Apr 2005

Eye woud trayad TJ Gramm fur a forst roundur

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Are we playing Madden?

Can we package in a 5th, 6th and 7th rounder with Shady and Mario and get the number 1 overall pick?!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

I'd trade Mario for a 2nd and a 7th. I would not package Shady at this point.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                              I'd trade Mario for a 2nd and a 7th. I would not package Shady at this point.
                              I'd just cut Mario. There's no trading Shady, teams scout and draft rb's or udfa's, cheap and young. 895 yards and 3 td's for what, a 7.6 million cap figure ? It makes teams snicker at you, not bite.

Comment

Working...
                              X