PDA

View Full Version : Combine - No Players With Criminal Convictions - Per NFL

Night Train
02-09-2016, 03:17 PM
That will open up a lot of space.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2016/02/09/nfl-combine-no-prospects-with-criminal-convictions/

IlluminatusUIUC
02-10-2016, 08:41 AM
It's limited to convictions for domestic violence, sexual assault, and weapons charges.

It's a good policy but how many of those guys come into the NFL with convictions for those on their records, rather then merely allegations like Winston and Frank Clark?

Mace
02-10-2016, 05:08 PM
They still have pro days besides. I'm not really so sure what makes the combine so special when teams can grill them about character issues there anyway. I mean, it's noble, but how meaningful is a conviction you aren't in jail for, and how many people at the combine have done time. Well, a judge thought it was fine they go to the combine, but the NFL frowns on it.

Whole diff story how much they get away with in college, or even from judges, but that's college system issue, and legal system issues.

I'm as cranky as anyone about "entitled" athletes getting away with things, maybe even more so, but I don't get it. It's an athletic combine, not seminary prep school. There's probably a diff way to handle such things, I'm just not sure what it is.

YardRat
02-10-2016, 06:09 PM
The only worthwhile exercises at the combine are the personal interviews and medical evaluations.

Historian
02-11-2016, 06:42 PM
If they instituted that rule in the NFL nobody would be able to field a punt team....