PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson plays his last season in Buffalo?

HHURRICANE
02-11-2016, 05:49 AM
Hey maybe. Looks like Shady is getting charged with a Felony.

Buffalogic
02-11-2016, 06:23 AM
Ugh can we just get over Fred Jackson?

Topas
02-11-2016, 07:45 AM
I think this can happen. The only things that need to happen for this to become true would be:
- he would need to sign a contract with the man that betrayed him (Whaley)
- Whaley would need to welcome questions if releasing him in the first place was a mistake
- the Bills would need to sign a short-term solution instead of a promising youngster that costs less
- hell freezes over
Other than that I see no hurdles.

Luisito23
02-11-2016, 08:22 AM
LOL...Isn't Jackson close to 40?

Victor7
02-11-2016, 09:06 AM
Would love it. But it won't happen as long as Douglas Whaley is here.

Kind off like EJ Manuel still being employed for as long as his contract lasts even though he's about as useless as a poopy flavored lolly pop.

Credit to Patches O'Houlihan, Dodgeball.

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2016, 09:18 AM
I think Fred Jackson just played his last season in Seattle.

trapezeus
02-11-2016, 09:57 AM
I love fred's heart here, but his time has come and gone. they have to draft another rb or keep picking up street free agents. Karlos Williams won't make it through a season without injury and gillislee was pretty good but seemed to be figured out in the last game of the season. I wouldn;t draft 1st round, but they need another body via mid to late rounds

Forward_Lateral
02-11-2016, 10:20 AM
They should sign him to a 1 day and let him retire a Bill.

dasaybz
02-11-2016, 11:02 AM
The Bills should sign Lee Evans.

sukie
02-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Peerless is standing by his land line.

YardRat
02-11-2016, 11:40 AM
Lecter's probably right, but I would take FJ back in a second. Huge mistake releasing him to begin with, if only for the leadership void it created in the locker room.

tampabay25690
02-11-2016, 11:51 AM
I heard Travis Henry might play for the Bills this year.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-11-2016, 12:20 PM
I heard Travis Henry might play for the Bills this year.

when's OJ getting released. He looks unstoppable at his current weight.

HAMMER
02-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Fred Jackson is done folks, get a grip.

Mr. Pink
02-11-2016, 02:43 PM
How's McGahee feeling these days?

If he's not available, Joe Cribbs should be.

X-Era
02-11-2016, 03:35 PM
Why would we do this when Darrick Holmes is out there?

Better yet Lawrence Phillips

Oh, he's dead. Scratch that.

BertSquirtgum
02-12-2016, 12:25 AM
Hey maybe. Looks like Shady is getting charged with a Felony.

Let it go man. Let it go.

BertSquirtgum
02-12-2016, 12:29 AM
I love fred's heart here, but his time has come and gone. they have to draft another rb or keep picking up street free agents. Karlos Williams won't make it through a season without injury and gillislee was pretty good but seemed to be figured out in the last game of the season. I wouldn;t draft 1st round, but they need another body via mid to late rounds

How do you figure out a running back? Maybe Greg Roman's **** offense was figured out.

HHURRICANE
02-12-2016, 03:45 AM
LOL!!

I'm the one that said we need to get rid of Fred Jackson and I got hammered for it. Now I suggest him as a filler for the hole we'll have and I'm told to move on!

I love this board! I think one year of his leadership and part time play wouldn't hurt.

BertSquirtgum
02-12-2016, 01:16 PM
LOL!!

I'm the one that said we need to get rid of Fred Jackson and I got hammered for it. Now I suggest him as a filler for the hole we'll have and I'm told to move on!

I love this board! I think one year of his leadership and part time play wouldn't hurt.

Yes it would. It would hurt the chance of a better younger player being able to be on the active roster.

stuckincincy
02-12-2016, 02:24 PM
LOL!!

Part-time play might help, but leadership? Today's NFL players are in it for the jack.

YardRat
02-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Yes it would. It would hurt the chance of a better younger player being able to be on the active roster.

Like who? Gillislee or Wilder Jr, or yet another draft pick?

feldspar
02-12-2016, 03:58 PM
LOL, the Bills led the entire league in rushing this year.

Buffalo not only gained the most rushing yards, but they also were first in yards-per-attempt in 2015...all without Jackson.

So what should we do, go after the oldest running back in the NFL? Freddie STILL is that. Some of you people slay me with the over-the-top Freddie love. Everyone's already mad at Rex for fixing what ain't broken, yet some are encouraging that here.

Also, the Bills went nowhere for nine years with the ultra-magical Freddie leadership quality. Leave it alone for crying out loud. It's over, and this is a stupid idea.

Mr. Miyagi
02-12-2016, 04:48 PM
The Bills should sign Lee Evans.
Only if Eric Moulds and Peerless Price are not available.

BillsImpossible
02-12-2016, 09:11 PM

I like Mike Gillislee. He's 25 years young, 5'11 219 lbs and played great last year for the Bills.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15952/mike-gillislee

Not to discount Gillislee, but running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL.

I hope Fred retires and starts to focus on life after football.

Mr. Cynical
02-13-2016, 02:52 AM
Sign freddie for a day, let him retire a Bill, and get him on the wall of fame someday. Any guy who played that many years on a crap team and still was able to be positive and productive and CLUTCH (lost track of how many 3rd downs he converted) needs to be on that wall. Not to mention 100% class.

BertSquirtgum
02-13-2016, 11:12 AM

Who the **** knows. Whoever they decide. You Fred Jackson butt lovers need to get over it. He's not that good.

BertSquirtgum
02-13-2016, 11:14 AM

Buffalo not only gained the most rushing yards, but they also were first in yards-per-attempt in 2015...all without Jackson.

So what should we do, go after the oldest running back in the NFL? Freddie STILL is that. Some of you people slay me with the over-the-top Freddie love. Everyone's already mad at Rex for fixing what ain't broken, yet some are encouraging that here.

Also, the Bills went nowhere for nine years with the ultra-magical Freddie leadership quality. Leave it alone for crying out loud. It's over, and this is a stupid idea.

It's hilarious. These guys are ****ing nuts. You want him for leadership? Make him an assistant coach. He's too old and slow to be on an NFL team.

pmoon6
02-13-2016, 04:16 PM

Also, the Bills went nowhere for nine years with the ultra-magical Freddie leadership quality. Leave it alone for crying out loud. It's over, and this is a stupid idea.Well said.

Unfortunately, in todays society and especially today's NFL, fans want to hang onto their heroes. Even when it's better if they just hang up their cleats.

mdcas22
02-14-2016, 09:20 AM

bingo right here..:jam:

HHURRICANE
02-14-2016, 09:57 AM
If you want to argue that Fred can't help in a part time role I'm ok with that. Like I said I was the first one here who said we should move on from him. That was only 10 months ago when you guys all cried like whinny little babies. So you all owe me an apology based on the responses in this thread which completely contradict what you guys were saying 10 months ago.

On the leadership point. Please tell me who the leaders are? Dareus, McCoy, Tyrod. You guys are missing that we don't have a leader in the locker room.

YardRat
02-14-2016, 10:11 AM
I've been pretty consistent with my comments regarding Freddie, maybe it's you that owes me an apology considering one of the factors used as justification for not cutting him to begin with was locker room leadership, which you now admit is missed.

feldspar
02-14-2016, 11:08 AM
If you want to argue that Fred can't help in a part time role I'm ok with that. Like I said I was the first one here who said we should move on from him. That was only 10 months ago when you guys all cried like whinny little babies. So you all owe me an apology based on the responses in this thread which completely contradict what you guys were saying 10 months ago.

On the leadership point. Please tell me who the leaders are? Dareus, McCoy, Tyrod. You guys are missing that we don't have a leader in the locker room.

You want an apology? OK, I'm sorry you're being an idiot. ;)

ublinkwescore
02-16-2016, 09:24 AM
Erik flowers to replace Mario Williams... Book it.

justasportsfan
02-16-2016, 09:29 AM
LOL!!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/230360-Darby-sucks!!!!?highlight=

:bigwave:

Victor7
02-16-2016, 10:46 AM
Sign him to one of those insignificant deals and let him retire a Buffalo Bill. Then make him an assistant rb's coach or something like that. This locker room needs a Fred Jackson in there.

justasportsfan
02-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Sign him to one of those insignificant deals and let him retire a Buffalo Bill. Then make him an assistant rb's coach or something like that. This locker room needs a Fred Jackson in there.

Why? You're not loving the Rexy inspired penalties ?

FJ might just teach Rexy how to be a prodessional instead of a clown. Do we want that?

Dr. Lecter
02-17-2016, 11:43 AM

Actually some of us agreed with you that it was time for Jackson to go.