PDA

View Full Version : Kane suspended against Ottawa

OpIv37
02-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Went to the NBA all star game in TO, overslept and missed practice.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14782331/evander-kane-buffalo-sabres-suspended-missing-practice-nba-all-star-game

He's been playing well the last few weeks, now this.

Ginger Vitis
02-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Bylsma was giving one word answers and stammering to questions regarding the Kane situation... I give Bylsma some credit for being calm and not losing his cool... Looks like Kanes issues with Winnipeg have nothing to do with the city.. His issues are him and he likely will never grow up

JATMtheJATM
02-15-2016, 03:28 PM
Bylsma was giving one word answers and stammering to questions regarding the Kane situation... I give Bylsma some credit for being calm and not losing his cool... Looks like Kanes issues with Winnipeg have nothing to do with the city.. His issues are him and he likely will never grow up

I was disappointed on kane when this news came about. Most kids do misstep, but kane seems to misstep more often. I hope he learns from this, but he seems to have to touch the oven repeatedly to see it if really is hot.

Ginger Vitis
02-15-2016, 04:14 PM
I was disappointed on kane when this news came about. Most kids do misstep, but kane seems to misstep more often. I hope he learns from this, but he seems to have to touch the oven repeatedly to see it if really is hot.

He really is lucky his timing was perfect... He scores 30 goals in his 3rd season and the jets think he is a budding star only going to get better and he gets $32 million for 6 years.. Makes me wonder what a guy like Sam Reinhart who is 5 years younger thinks about Kane and his immaturity... If it hasn't croseed GMTM mind that he cant have Kane around setting bad examples for the younger players it should be on his mind

JATMtheJATM
02-15-2016, 04:23 PM
He really is lucky his timing was perfect... He scores 30 goals in his 3rd season and the jets think he is a budding star only going to get better and he gets $32 million for 6 years.. Makes me wonder what a guy like Sam Reinhart who is 5 years younger thinks about Kane and his immaturity... If it hasn't croseed GMTM mind that he cant have Kane around setting bad examples for the younger players it should be on his mind

I'm sure it has and I'm sure kane will be told this won't be accepted, or he will be shipped out.

The flames just had 3 guys scratched for being hung over, so it does happen

Ginger Vitis
02-15-2016, 04:45 PM
GMTM should trade Kane to Toronto it's the only place Kane will be completely happy lol

JATMtheJATM
02-15-2016, 04:47 PM
And get who? Toronto ain't got ****

Ginger Vitis
02-15-2016, 04:57 PM
I always thought NBA players perceived Toronto as Siberia but apparently many NBA players consider Toronto to be a Top 3 place to go to on the road and have the date when they will be in Toronto playing the Raptors circled on there calendar.. Remember what that ****face Willis McGahee said about Toronto

YardRat
02-15-2016, 05:14 PM
He let down his team mates...that's the point that should be stressed.

Mr. Pink
02-15-2016, 05:59 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tknXRyUEJtU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ICRockets
02-15-2016, 07:14 PM
Let's all make sure we have really strong opinions about a 1-game suspension handed down by the coach. Clearly Evander Kane missing a practice is the reason we're missing the playoffs.

JATMtheJATM
02-15-2016, 07:34 PM
Let's all make sure we have really strong opinions about a 1-game suspension handed down by the coach. Clearly Evander Kane missing a practice is the reason we're missing the playoffs.

I, by and large, agree, if this was the first time kane misstepped. It's not.

That said, I still like him and feel he can contribute to the rebuild.

OpIv37
02-15-2016, 07:46 PM

This time it's not. But what if we are in a dogfight for 8th place at this time next year and he pulls some similar bull****? It's not the first time he's had discipline issues.

And I don't give a **** if we are making the playoffs or not. We shouldn't have to go into a game against a div rival down a top 6 forward because he thought an NBA scrimmage was more important than his job.

Mace
02-15-2016, 09:13 PM
Pegulas got their shinies and they're attracting lights like shinies always will. Mission accomplished.

WagonCircler
02-16-2016, 05:39 AM

WTF would you do? What kind of example would be set for the many young players on this team had Bylsma not suspended Kane for a game? As it is, he gave him a slap on the wrist.

I like Kane and I think he will eventually grow up and be a productive part of this team, but he gave Bylsma absolutely no choice in this situation.

trapezeus
02-16-2016, 10:06 AM
if the sabres get in on stamkos in offseason, kane's life span with buffalo will be very short.

swiper
02-16-2016, 11:25 AM

Clearly Kane's a douchebag.

WagonCircler
02-16-2016, 12:43 PM
Clearly Kane's a douchebag.

There are several varieties of douchebag. Some you can grow out of. I'm hoping that this is the kind that Kane suffers from.

ICRockets
02-16-2016, 02:38 PM
WTF would you do? What kind of example would be set for the many young players on this team had Bylsma not suspended Kane for a game? As it is, he gave him a slap on the wrist.

I like Kane and I think he will eventually grow up and be a productive part of this team, but he gave Bylsma absolutely no choice in this situation.

I'd likely do exactly what Bylsma did. I never said I had a problem with it. I feel precisely how you do about the whole situation.

My issue is with the people who are having a meltdown and proclaiming that Evander Kane is a lost cause who should be cut or traded immediately.

gebobs
02-16-2016, 02:53 PM
If a lesson learned needed to be done, now the time's to do it when the Sabres are still on the outside looking in. The Sabres will be looking for answers for next year's team. Kane is certainly one of the questions and he will have to answer.

It's all well and good that he apologized to his mates. But actions speak louder. Shape up, buddy.

Still, if he was 28 years old this would be more of a problem. He's still just 24 and has a lot to grow with his game as well as his maturity. Let's hope he does both. He has the potential to be a great player.

rbochan
02-16-2016, 03:38 PM
Jesus. Even when my drinking was heaviest, I never once missed work. Never.

****ing princess.

Ginger Vitis
02-17-2016, 12:21 PM
Andrew Peeters thinks 4 or 5 guys should take Kane into a backroom and put him up on a hook and demand answers from him... Didnt some of Kanes jets teammates try to send messages to him last year.. If so it didnt work

JATMtheJATM
02-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Andrew Peeters thinks 4 or 5 guys should take Kane into a backroom and put him up on a hook and demand answers from him... Didnt some of Kanes jets teammates try to send messages to him last year.. If so it didnt work

I think a players only meeting with kane is the way to go. Call him out, be harsh. But at the end, forgive him and tell him, no more. But it's over.

gebobs
02-18-2016, 10:38 AM
Jesus. Even when my drinking was heaviest, I never once missed work. Never.
You weren't drinking enough. ;-)

Just out of college in '88, when the Bills were just getting into their stride, I went to Checkers on Hertel (really livin' it up, eh?) to watch the Bills @ Jets on MNF. It was 24-0 before I even finished my third Labatt 50/Jaymo special ($2 lol). Kelly and Reed were on point all game and Bruce was a monster. Stayed well past 4 am closing shooting darts or trying to anyway.

Started driving to work at 7:30, legally drunk without question. Pulled into Wilson Farms on Parkside, got some coffee, saw the pay phone and my mind was made up. Called work then drove over to the park and slept it off.

rbochan
02-19-2016, 05:27 AM
Andrew Peeters thinks...

That phrase make baby jesus cry.