PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Stat About Tom Brady

BillsImpossible
02-15-2016, 07:20 PM
Brady had another great year in the regular season, but something notable happened in the playoffs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog/post/

Brady's last game against the Broncos was the worst playoff performance of his entire career in terms of completion percentage.

27/56 for a 48.2% completion percentage, 1 TD and 2 Int's with the lowest QB rating he's ever had in a playoff game since losing to the Ravens in 2009 - his worst playoff performance overall.

Brady didn't look like Brady against the Broncos. Are the Patriots asking too much?

56 passes is too much.

Brady turns 39 years old on August 3, 2016.

The beginning of the end of the Patriots is nigh.

We've been hearing that for how long?

A 48.2% completion percentage or less for Tom Brady is something to take note of.

It doesn't happen very often. Only 9 out of 225 regular season games over 15 years.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog/

Joe Fo Sho
02-15-2016, 07:44 PM
It's almost like he played the best defense in the NFL.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-15-2016, 08:19 PM

On the road.

Mr. Cynical
02-15-2016, 10:20 PM
With hard balls.

Topas
02-16-2016, 12:26 AM
yes, one game is just one game. He did not fall off a cliff in the AFC final. His previous game was as usual, if I remember correctly. That had more to do with the Milller/Ware effect sponsored by Wade Phillips.

DesertFox24
02-16-2016, 07:54 AM
He struggled from week 10 on. He is starting to age but due to his pin point accuracy he will be ok. True stat to look at is passes distance not yard per attempt but how far his passes travel in the air. I bet it is decreasing big time.

X-Era
02-16-2016, 07:57 AM
Brady had another great year in the regular season, but something notable happened in the playoffs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog/post/

Brady's last game against the Broncos was the worst playoff performance of his entire career in terms of completion percentage.

27/56 for a 48.2% completion percentage, 1 TD and 2 Int's with the lowest QB rating he's ever had in a playoff game since losing to the Ravens in 2009 - his worst playoff performance overall.

Brady didn't look like Brady against the Broncos. Are the Patriots asking too much?

56 passes is too much.

Brady turns 39 years old on August 3, 2016.

The beginning of the end of the Patriots is nigh.

We've been hearing that for how long?

A 48.2% completion percentage or less for Tom Brady is something to take note of.

It doesn't happen very often. Only 9 out of 225 regular season games over 15 years.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YoDh_gHDvkk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buffalogic
02-16-2016, 09:14 AM
One of your more ridiculous threads BI.

Victor7
02-16-2016, 09:55 AM
Did anyone play well against that defense ?? I'm not defending Brady at all but that D is just impossible to play against.

But yeah dude's aging. He's still better than most however. He's adapted his game and he dinks and dunks all the way to the end zone. I swear every play is a motion to free up a receiver before the snap and Brady just throws the short drag. That or a throw over the middle to the most likely interfering Gronk.

I've read too many times how the end of the Pats is here. Until I see it I won't believe it.

trapezeus
02-16-2016, 10:00 AM
when you are cheating and cassel plays well in the system, the end is never in site.

you have to keep boston happy

THRILLHO
02-16-2016, 04:33 PM
He'll always have our number.

BillsImpossible
02-16-2016, 06:44 PM

Yes, he did. For the umpteenth time. Facing the league's best defense in the playoffs was nothing new to Brady.

Giants, Jets, Ravens, Steelers, Seattle.

Brady has played against the league's best defenses in the playoffs many of times.

Was Denver's defense better than any of the Super Bowl winning teams above?

YardRat
02-16-2016, 06:53 PM
Did anyone play well against that defense ?? I'm not defending Brady at all but that D is just impossible to play against.

But yeah dude's aging. He's still better than most however. He's adapted his game and he dinks and dunks all the way to the end zone. I swear every play is a motion to free up a receiver before the snap and Brady just throws the short drag. That or a throw over the middle to the most likely interfering Gronk.

I've read too many times how the end of the Pats is here. Until I see it I won't believe it.

Some fairly pedestrian offenses (Cleveland, Indy, KC) dropped some points on them.

Joe Fo Sho
02-16-2016, 08:17 PM
Yes, he did. For the umpteenth time. Facing the league's best defense in the playoffs was nothing new to Brady.

Neither is losing to the best defense.

Giants, Jets, Ravens, Steelers, Seattle.

He's lost to the Ravens, Jets and Giants in the playoffs. Did that signify the end of an era back then? I guess I should check to see if you started any threads about it.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-17-2016, 08:22 AM
Some fairly pedestrian offenses (Cleveland, Indy, KC) dropped some points on them.

Good ole boy Peyton Manning accounted for ten giveaways and two pick-sixes in those four games.

Luckily his defense and special teams were able to get six turnovers back and provide three TDs of their own to help cover for him.

The Beef
02-18-2016, 09:27 AM
Wouldn't count on this being the downfall.

Denver's defense rivals the Ravens defense that won with Dilfer. Manning is a corpse and the Broncos were slapping people in the mouth.

Seattle's defense has been an all-time great unit the last few years, but Wilson is light years better than Dilfer and the 2015 Walking Dead Manning.

DynaPaul
02-21-2016, 12:39 PM
It's almost like age is catching up with him.