PDA

View Full Version : Lions cut Joique Bell

swiper
02-16-2016, 04:40 PM
Let's jump on this!!!

We can make up for a past mistake!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/16/lions-cut-joique-bell/

http://phillysportscentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/joique-bell-e1285080855118.jpg

Scumbag College
02-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Bring him in!

In all seriousness, the Bills will need four healthy tailbacks come Opening Day 2016 with Shady and Karlos' injury laden 2015 seasons.

Mace
02-16-2016, 06:13 PM
He'll be 30 by the start of the season. Just pick up udfa's like most teams successfully do, imho. They're cheap, young, fresh, and if you can't find them your organization is lost anyway.

DraftBoy
02-16-2016, 06:20 PM
SIGN HIM NOW!

Goobylal
02-16-2016, 08:04 PM
Not worth it. Hasn't averaged over 3.9 YPC since 2012.

Ingtar33
02-16-2016, 08:42 PM
he'll be a patriot next year.

DraftBoy
02-17-2016, 03:48 AM
he'll be a patriot next year.

I actually heard that they were looking at bringing in Forte next year to be their primary, if they can add Bell to a healthy Lewis then they have a very versatile trio of RB's.

swiper
02-17-2016, 04:31 AM
Not worth it. Hasn't averaged over 3.9 YPC since 2012.

My original post was actually made tongue-in-cheek. While I liked him at the point the Bills let him go, he had a bad year last year and is likely on his way out of the league. The Bills could probably do better with a fresh set of legs from a mid-round draft choice.

Goobylal
02-17-2016, 06:35 AM
I actually heard that they were looking at bringing in Forte next year to be their primary, if they can add Bell to a healthy Lewis then they have a very versatile trio of RB's.

I heard Seattle was going to make a push for him, assuming Doug Martin and Lamar Miller get re-signed by their teams as expected.

Buffalogic
02-17-2016, 07:07 AM
I actually heard that they were looking at bringing in Forte next year to be their primary, if they can add Bell to a healthy Lewis then they have a very versatile trio of RB's.DB loves him some Joique. I'd hate Forte on the Pats. He would really improve that offense.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-17-2016, 11:03 AM

When has Belichick ever shelled out big bucks for a halfback? Corey Dillion was the last "name" back he even brought in, and he got cut before his contract got expensive (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/corey-dillon/) Last year Forte made nearly twice as much as New England's entire backfield.

swiper
02-17-2016, 11:11 AM
But Forte would fit into that offense nicely. He can run and catch.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-17-2016, 11:17 AM
But Forte would fit into that offense nicely. He can run and catch.

A lot of guys over the years would have fit into that offense nicely. New England has never pursued them. I'd be extremely surprised if they start now, especially for a guy who's 8 seasons and 2000 carries deep in his career and likely to command several million per.

DraftBoy
02-17-2016, 02:08 PM
When has Belichick ever shelled out big bucks for a halfback? Corey Dillion was the last "name" back he even brought in, and he got cut before his contract got expensive (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/corey-dillon/) Last year Forte made nearly twice as much as New England's entire backfield.

I have no doubt it doesn't make sense from a financial point of view, but its just something that's being floated. Floated so much that ESPN and a ton of local New England outlets have picked it up. Now some have made the same financial point you did, but who knows. BB will do anything to win, so I'm not going to rule out him reversing his position on paying out to RB's.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-17-2016, 03:10 PM
I have no doubt it doesn't make sense from a financial point of view, but its just something that's being floated. Floated so much that ESPN and a ton of local New England outlets have picked it up. Now some have made the same financial point you did, but who knows. BB will do anything to win, so I'm not going to rule out him reversing his position on paying out to RB's.

He's 13 months removed from a Super Bowl title and a month removed from his fifth consecutive AFFCG appearance. He's also had top 10 offenses for the last decade plus. He doesn't have any compelling reason to change his position, it's been working out just fine. I'd much more expect him to toss his 2nd at the halfback position rather then chase a 30+ veteran. ESPN and New England media love to speculate about this and that FA because it inevitably draws eyeballs, but I don't see a realistic chance of this unless Forte is willing to take an enormous pay cut to chase rings.

Mace
02-17-2016, 04:44 PM
unless Forte is willing to take an enormous pay cut to chase rings.

This would not surprise me,

YardRat
02-21-2016, 08:00 AM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2016/02/detroit_lions_joique_bell_5.html

The Detroit Lions provided Joique Bell an opportunity to stay with the team, presumably at a reduced salary. He wasn't interested.

"The NFL is a crazy business," Bell told reporters Saturday night. "You never know. The Lions made me an offer. I thought I did what was best for my career. I ended up declining the offer."

pmoon6
02-21-2016, 10:08 AM
NE won't sign Forte. He's on the downside of his career and is injured too much.

They have done well with no name backs in the past, so I don't think they will tie up significant money with a "name".