PDA

View Full Version : Who's Your First Round Pick For The Bills In The 2016 NFL Draft?

BillsImpossible
02-18-2016, 07:35 PM
There's a lot of defensive talent to work with in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Doug Whaley is going to select the player rated highest on the Bills board regardless of position, or need.

The recent mock drafts have been quite interesting. Could a potential future franchise quarterback fall to pick 19?

I don't think that will happen. Wentz, Goff, and Lynch will be off the board come pick 19, hopefully pushing a great defensive player down the board just enough for the Bills to draft him.

The Bills will be looking for an immediate impact player, and that's about 85% likely to be on defense.

Kyle Williams could be playing his last season, and Mario Williams' days are numbered in Buffalo.

The biggest reason why I think the Bills linebackers didn't play well last year was because of the lack of a pass rush from the defensive line.

The Bills need a player that can dominate the line of scrimmage up front helping everyone else around him make game changing plays.

Kyle Williams has been the Bills anchor on defense for a long time, but his inevitable retirement is bound to happen sooner than later.

KW isn't a flashy player, doesn't rack up a ton of sacks, but he's a human wrecking ball on the field that never quits.

When the Bills lost Meatball to injury last year, Rex's defense was dealt a major blow. The loss of Kyle Williams early last season had a huge impact on the Bills overall defensive play.

This beer's for you Kyle Williams. :beers:

At 6'3 325 lbs, Vernon Butler is my first round pick for the Bills in the 2016 NFL Draft.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VgOxjWwxtVo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ginger Vitis
02-18-2016, 07:45 PM
Could a potential future franchise quarterback fall to pick 19?

I don't think that will happen. Wentz, Goff, and Lynch will be off the board come pick 19,

Look BI by the time the draft rolls around you will be advocating for the Bills to trade up to take a QB or claim one of the Big 3 will slip to 19 and the Bills should take him... It is inevitable that thread will be created by you

BillsImpossible
02-18-2016, 07:50 PM
Look BI by the time the draft rolls around you will be advocating for the Bills to trade up to take a QB or claim one of the Big 3 will slip to 19 and the Bills should take him... It is inevitable that thread will be created by you

What's your point?

Scumbag College
02-18-2016, 08:09 PM
I say go all-in this offseason on offense. Best WR or OT available at #19.

Ginger Vitis
02-18-2016, 08:24 PM
I will say this now... I will say this in April... Jaylon Smith is who I want the Bills to take @19

BillsImpossible
02-18-2016, 08:28 PM
I will say this now... I will say this in April... Jaylon Smith is who I want the Bills to take @19

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dkmrGaeo15E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SpikedLemonade
02-18-2016, 09:42 PM
The best OT @ #19 or a small trade up to get the best OT at #15 or #16.

more cowbell
02-19-2016, 09:17 AM
Braxton Miller because it would be a "flashy" pick, and they can use him to sell tickets and jerseys.

Bill Cody
02-19-2016, 09:34 AM
One BD won't take my calls so it's out of my hands

Bill Cody
02-19-2016, 09:42 AM

That would be amazing. But Smith will be long gone by 19

Mr. Pink
02-19-2016, 03:30 PM
Robert Nkemdiche or Shaq Lawson will be the pick.

DE to replace Mario.

Mace
02-19-2016, 05:14 PM
Availability being what it is, I get stuck on this question. I think it's a deeper defensive draft, so first round I'd like to see them grab Conklin or Decker if there to end the right tackle "competition" for the next 5 years.

But. If there :

- Reggie Ragland at ILB ? Better than Brown, but Rex defense and did they give up on him ?
- Smith or Jack at OLB, injured, rare chance they could fall that far...major talents.
- Jarran Reed ? NT, DT, DE very movable, could be glorious if the Ryan defense sets in, or even if it doesn't.
- Sheldon Rankins NT/DT ? Great prep for Senior Bowl, was unstoppable.
- Nkemdiche ? If he brings his "A" game and maintains it, whoa.

I'd like the best OT, but I'm not optimistic.

I keep coming back to one of the recovering OLB's if available, I don't think they will be.

My wish is for Jarran Reed in the 1st.

From CBS draft profiles :

Country strong with tree trunks for thighs and long arms, Reed is a classic two-gap run-stuffer stout enough to play inside at defensive tackle or outside at end. At 6-3, 311 pounds, Reed has the girth and strength to line up virtually anywhere along the defensive line, making him a fit for 3-4 and 4-3 teams, alike.

Mr. Pink
02-19-2016, 06:16 PM
You can throw Reed into the my short list as well.

He'd be another solid choice.

I'm figuring at least 1 of the 3 is gone by the Bills pick and possibly 2.

TacklingDummy
02-19-2016, 06:51 PM
Highest rated CB left on the board.