PDA

View Full Version : TBN Dunne : ol talent

Mace
02-22-2016, 07:16 PM
Another good read written by Dunne about the upper tier of offensive linemen available.

A lot fewer of them than DL this draft imho, so some names to watch. Some long term starters, but I think Whaley is too married to his previous guys to go for any of them, so it will end up being a list of who we could have had because a few will certainly be available and we'll be sorry we didn't get them unless we manage some mega defensive star.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/02/22/road-to-the-combine-look-to-big-ten-for-offensive-line-talent/

X-Era
02-23-2016, 03:50 AM
Another good read written by Dunne about the upper tier of offensive linemen available.

A lot fewer of them than DL this draft imho, so some names to watch. Some long term starters, but I think Whaley is too married to his previous guys to go for any of them, so it will end up being a list of who we could have had because a few will certainly be available and we'll be sorry we didn't get them unless we manage some mega defensive star.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/02/22/road-to-the-combine-look-to-big-ten-for-offensive-line-talent/Where we sit I think we're looking at more RT prospects than LT. But, we don't know the extent of Henderson's illness. He could be done for good for all we know. Reports were that his Chron's disease is causing him to drop weight.

If Glenn gets away we could be looking at needing 2 OT starters.

OT is absolutely in the mix at 19 if Glenn walks and especially if Henderson is done as well.

EDS
02-23-2016, 07:51 AM
If Glenn walks the Bills will have a desperate need for a tackle given Henderson's illness (though Matt Light played for years with crohn's disease so their is hope), Kujo's balky knees and Mills' general poor play.

swiper
02-23-2016, 01:09 PM
Is this right? That the Bills actually only have 2 OTs currently under contract?

http://www.billsdaily.com/depthchart (http://www.billsdaily.com/depthchart/)/

Mace
02-23-2016, 03:51 PM
Is this right? That the Bills actually only have 2 OTs currently under contract?

http://www.billsdaily.com/depthchart (http://www.billsdaily.com/depthchart/)/

Tyson Chandler also, was on IR. Jordan Mills is FA atm. Mills will come back cheap because he's not much good but is familiar with Kromer from working with him in Chicago.

Yeah, it's not much to get excited about.

Mace
02-23-2016, 04:07 PM
Where we sit I think we're looking at more RT prospects than LT. But, we don't know the extent of Henderson's illness. He could be done for good for all we know. Reports were that his Chron's disease is causing him to drop weight.

OT is absolutely in the mix at 19 if Glenn walks and especially if Henderson is done as well.

Makes me cringe that we might have to look for an LT again, so I'm looking at it on the premise of these guys being the other bookend. Not too sure anyone likely to be available has the makings of a 1st day LT starter.

In later rounds, there's also John Theus (possible swing tackle backup), Joe Haeg (needs some tuning), and Pearce Slater (interesting prospect who needs to slim down a bit and develop). None of those would hurt my feelings though there's a pretty drop off from the top 4 or 6.

I think we're hurting though if we need to replace Glenn.

DesertFox24
02-24-2016, 07:16 AM
I do not think we can pay Cordy what he wants. I expect him to walk.

My hope was that Henderson would compete for left with a rookie and Cyrus an Mills would compete for RT.

The above sucks by the way and happens when you spend big money in free agency on other teams players.

Victor7
02-24-2016, 10:01 AM
Whaley better find a way to get Glenn back. Losing him changes the entire complexion of the off-season and puts us in dire need of OL help.

RT is also a need. A lot of bodies but mostly garbage. Mills is better suited to be a backup. Koundjio or whatever is a waste of time and space. Henderson is below average and his disease might be the end of his career. Slim picking at this spot for us.

cookie G
02-24-2016, 12:41 PM
Run blocking was very good in most areas, and really pretty good across the board. Even Kujo.

Pass blocking..not so much. Once again, the Bills were near the bottom of the league in sacks/attempt. (they ranked 27th last year.)

Glenn might have been above average this year, (as opposed to last year) Incognito and Wood...average.

You can live with that if the right side wasn't so bad. Pass blocking on the right side was down right woeful.

You can see that Miller likes to just stand and go toe to toe, literally, with a DT. I love the attitude, but it isn't going to work with some of the quicker DT's in the league. Far too many times a DT blows by him and gets leverage. He desperately needs to learn how to use his feet.

Henderson, outside of preseason games...plays like a 7th round pick. I don't see the "steal", I see a 7th rounder, despite his 1st round physical abilities.

Not fixing the right side of the line would be bad,letting Glenn go (since they aren't going to replace him) would be worse

swiper
02-24-2016, 04:08 PM
Run blocking was very good in most areas, and really pretty good across the board. Even Kujo.

Pass blocking..not so much. Once again, the Bills were near the bottom of the league in sacks/attempt. (they ranked 27th last year.)

Glenn might have been above average this year, (as opposed to last year) Incognito and Wood...average.

You can live with that if the right side wasn't so bad. Pass blocking on the right side was down right woeful.

You can see that Miller likes to just stand and go toe to toe, literally, with a DT. I love the attitude, but it isn't going to work with some of the quicker DT's in the league. Far too many times a DT blows by him and gets leverage. He desperately needs to learn how to use his feet.

Henderson, outside of preseason games...plays like a 7th round pick. I don't see the "steal", I see a 7th rounder, despite his 1st round physical abilities.

Not fixing the right side of the line would be bad,letting Glenn go (since they aren't going to replace him) would be worse

Done.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/232319-OT-Michigan-State-U-Jack-Conklin

The Jokeman
02-26-2016, 06:32 AM
Where we sit I think we're looking at more RT prospects than LT. But, we don't know the extent of Henderson's illness. He could be done for good for all we know. Reports were that his Chron's disease is causing him to drop weight.

Whaley tried to bring in Bulaga last offseason but he elected to stay with Green Bay for less money. You can't say Whaley didn't try.

EDS
02-26-2016, 07:01 AM
Whaley tried to bring in Bulaga last offseason but he elected to stay with Green Bay for less money. You can't say Whaley didn't try.

Every GM trys, some just do not succeed.

DynaPaul
02-26-2016, 12:02 PM
Draft O-Line guys anyway. Depth never hurts and you don't know if one of our guys will have a bad year.