Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Mario Williams willing to take pay cut to stay with family

Per Josina Anderson of ESPN
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Mario Williams willing to take pay cut to stay with family

Our 9 cents of cap space still won't be enough to keep him here
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICRockets
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2008

Personally, I want to keep him because I still believe he can be productive in 2017 when he's in a competent defensive scheme. But the cap room we save by getting rid of him is pretty huge, so I think he'd need to take a significant cut to be worth keeping around for a season where he's not going to do much of anything.

Comment

• Victor7
        • Jul 2013

Even if true I think him and Rex just don't see eye to eye. They've been exchanging swings in the media constantly.

Its over

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

I think he knows he is gone due to salary cap implications. He is posturing for his next team to make it appear he is a 'team player'. He was great up until last year. Can't afford half an effort.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

Release him to save the cap space... Then re-sign him to a $3M deal. If he wants to be here

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by don137 View Post
              I think he knows he is gone due to salary cap implications. He is posturing for his next team to make it appear he is a 'team player'. He was great up until last year. Can't afford half an effort.
              You've nailed it, don.

He's an 11 year vet. Yada-ya Ryan's scheme etc., but last season he contributed 15 solo tackles and 4 assists and 5 sacks over 15 games. That's poor performance for a DE who was in for 880 snaps - 81% of the defensive snaps:

5 sacks - ok I suppose, but how in the world can you spend so much time on the field and have a measly 15 solo tackles and show up for a mere 4 assists?

Compare him to Carlos Dunlap, who had in 16 games, 37 solo, 18 assists, and 13.5 sack across 878 snaps.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

It all comes down to what kind of pay cut we're talking about and what the numbers look like. Mario is a good player with value, and for the right price I think we're a better team with him than without. But we're probably talking about a significant amount to make it work for the Bills. If they were really ready to move on from him though, and need the cap savings I think they would have cut him already. So maybe they are at least trying to keep him.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  It all comes down to what kind of pay cut we're talking about and what the numbers look like. Mario is a good player with value, and for the right price I think we're a better team with him than without. But we're probably talking about a significant amount to make it work for the Bills. If they were really ready to move on from him though, and need the cap savings I think they would have cut him already. So maybe they are at least trying to keep him.
                  I don't think he's a good player. If fact, I think he's a liability who distorted BUF's draft strategy. Now, they try to figure how to not admit egg on their faces by their paying of a huge sum for a player that HOU was happy to see go and who had no other suitors wiling to pay a king's ransom for his services when he became a FA.

All that dough forked over came at the cost of other prospects and fiddled big time with cap management. Inking Mario at that price was dumb beyond belief.

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                    I don't think he's a good player.
                    Lol.

He was first-team all-pro in 2014. Do you know what that means?

2nd-team all-pro the year before that. 4 time pro-bowler.

To call him not a good player is the height of stupidity, or at least bias. He did not have a good YEAR by any stretch of the imagination, and you can speculate as to why...but he's a VERY good player.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                      Lol.

He was first-team all-pro in 2014. Do you know what that means?

2nd-team all-pro the year before that. 4 time pro-bowler.

To call him not a good player is the height of stupidity, or at least bias. He did not have a good YEAR by any stretch of the imagination, and you can speculate as to why...but he's a VERY good player.
                      Why don't you go ahead and speculate about how keeping this character is a plus? Or perhaps addressing my other points that you conveniently opted to omit in your response as you quoted my post.

Nah - you have this modern "need" for attacking your little self-centered world, satisfied by implying I'm the height of stupidity. It's very much in character for the likes of you...throw swipes first thing first like the internet infant terrible you are.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                        I don't think he's a good player. If fact, I think he's a liability who distorted BUF's draft strategy. Now, they try to figure how to not admit egg on their faces by their paying of a huge sum for a player that HOU was happy to see go and who had no other suitors wiling to pay a king's ransom for his services when he became a FA.

All that dough forked over came at the cost of other prospects and fiddled big time with cap management. Inking Mario at that price was dumb beyond belief.
                        I think he's a good player who isn't a fit for this scheme. He was the leading sacker on some great defenses, but times change.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Yeah, I think don nailed it. GR55 alluded to a comment about 'Wrecks meeting him half-way' as a stipulation also.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

May as well move along to the inevitable Ryan-guys at this point. There's no helping it and no other way to fix it. I'll aways wonder what could have been last year with that line though if they wouldn't have wasted their time on Ryan, but let's face it, no going back now.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

I'm white as rice and he looks nothing like a family member....wait...
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X