• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Rex yaps off again

I kind of found it funny the ESPN beat reporter Mike Rodak (usually a rollover) was the one to point out the obvious. People just buy in to whatever Ryan says most often. Ryan just can't even keep his thoughts ordered enough to present a train of consistent logic. It's pretty bad when an ESPN guy notices it.

Ryan's comments Wednesday at the NFL combine spurred more confusion about whether the Bills' late-season success was the result of a compromise with players or Ryan taking a hard line and going "all in" on his scheme -- two seemingly conflicting explanations of the same series of events.
    Whether or not Rex Ryan made adjustments to simplify his defensive scheme late last season, the unit must replicate the success of the final stretch.
  • GreedoII
    • Aug 2007

Re: Rex yaps off again

sick of this ass clown.....

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Apr 2024

I wish he would just shut up.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

So, what's for lunch ?
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Winning the hearts and minds . . .

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

How exactly does this classify as Rex 'yapping off?' He didn't guarantee the playoffs or say he wasn't going to kiss Belichick's rings or anything like that. He was just explaining what happened at the end of last year and that he's excited to run his defense this coming year, nothing really new. He probably was answering a question that someone had asked him. How is this bad? Is he just not allowed to talk about anything anymore?

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
              How is this bad?

Everything that annoying idiot says is bad.
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Luisito23 View Post
                Everything that annoying idiot says is bad.
                Ha, tough crowd.

Can you explain in this instance how anything new that he just said will negatively affect the Bills? I don't actually feel that he said anything new. He's going to use his defensive system, everything up until this point during the offseason has been pointing to that. He brought in his brother and Ed Reed, two guys who probably understand his system as much as anyone. It's not realistic to think otherwise.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

I agree with Joe. Complaining for the sake of complaining. God forbid the rest of us being scrutinized for the words that come out of our mouths.
                  Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 02-25-2016, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

How exactly does this classify as Rex 'yapping off?' He didn't guarantee the playoffs or say he wasn't going to kiss Belichick's rings or anything like that. He was just explaining what happened at the end of last year and that he's excited to run his defense this coming year, nothing really new. He probably was answering a question that someone had asked him. How is this bad? Is he just not allowed to talk about anything anymore?
                    Did you read the article? The players think he finally just let them play, meaning they simplified things, and Rex comes back and says they went all in on "his defense"? Which is it? It's not an insignificant point. And as the writer puts it, it's troubling that Rex seems to change his own story. You seem to think it's all fine. It's not. Rex took a top 5 defense and ran it into the ground. I have no confidence in the guy. And why is it that it took 3 months for him to get feedback from the players? He acts like that's not on him either. guess what? It is. Rex is going to be added to the coaches Wall of Shame in a year. He stinks.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

yan added later Wednesday to Buffalo-based reporters, "I tried to combine [defenses], I think, and that was a mistake. I think we have to be all in. It's kind of like being half-pregnant. Forget that, we're all in. We're fully pregnant now."
                      Even Rex Ryan is saying we're ****ed.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                        Even Rex Ryan is saying we're ****ed.
                        Yup. That D looked pregnant to me

Comment

• sahlensguy
                          • Mar 2015

Ryan told ESPN's NFL Insiders that when problems on defense first cropped up last season, he asked players what could be changed and all he heard from them was "crickets." Eventually, Ryan explained, he received a text message from a player -- not specifying when or from whom -- that detailed the issues players had with the scheme.

It's an explanation that meshes with the theory that prevailed most of last season: that Ryan tried to run his trademark complex system and that players struggled in picking it up -- even as Ryan declared in late October that he would "run our defense" despite players' concerns -- until it was eventually simplified into something more digestible and adapted to players' input.

Ryan suggested as much in a Jan. 22 news conference, saying, "I think [the players] finally realized at the end of the year that when I ask for opinions, when I ask for -- because this isn’t just me, I am not just, 'This is the way, I am ram-roading this system.' I have always had a system that relies on the players. ... But when I ask specifically, 'What do you not like? What are you uncomfortable with?' I finally at the end of the year started getting some answers. Like, 'Oh yeah, hey, some feedback. ]Yeah this, this, I don’t know what it was.' So, making adjustments on the sideline, I felt a little more trust as the season went on."
                          Yeah its the players fault for not raising their hands earlier and pointing out the obvious.

Stay classy!
                          Last edited by sahlensguy; 02-25-2016, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                            Did you read the article? The players think he finally just let them play, meaning they simplified things, and Rex comes back and says they went all in on "his defense"? Which is it?
                            Who cares which it is? It's not our place to know. Belichick keeps the media uninformed and he's a genius. Rex does it and he's a idiot. Why should he allow the public to know exactly what he did and what his future plans are? Let them wonder, good for him.

And as the writer puts it, it's troubling that Rex seems to change his own story. You seem to think it's all fine. It's not.
                            Uh oh, Rex is keeping his game plan close to his chest? What a jerk, get the muzzle.

Rex took a top 5 defense and ran it into the ground. I have no confidence in the guy.
                            This is news?

And why is it that it took 3 months for him to get feedback from the players? He acts like that's not on him either. guess what? It is. Rex is going to be added to the coaches Wall of Shame in a year. He stinks.
                            Time will tell. In the mean time, I'm not going to cry whenever Rex opens his mouth like most of you here. I knew what we were getting when he was hired, apparently very few people remembered making fun of the Jets for it.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Who cares which it is? It's not our place to know. Belichick keeps the media uninformed and he's a genius. Rex does it and he's a idiot. Why should he allow the public to know exactly what he did and what his future plans are? Let them wonder, good for him.
                              Bellchick keeps secrets he doesn't either tell 2 opposite stories or just lie. See the difference? Good.

Uh oh, Rex is keeping his game plan close to his chest? What a jerk, get the muzzle.
                              Is that what he's doing? I'll bet nobody but you thinks that. Rex can't keep what he had for lunch a secret.

This is news?
                              Not to me. Apparently to you though. You're bringing up Rex in the same sentence as BB. The only thing they have in common is they're both humans.

Time will tell. In the mean time, I'm not going to cry whenever Rex opens his mouth like most of you here. I knew what we were getting when he was hired, apparently very few people remembered making fun of the Jets for it.
                              Most of us knew what we were getting too that's why we were concerned. No time won't tell we know now. I've seen Caddyshack 12 times, still entertaining. But I wasn't wondering about the outcome for the last 11.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍