Mario release
    Dixon release
    Urbik release
    Franchise Tag on Glenn
    New- restructure Graham
    New- Cut McKelvin
    New- extended Incognito
    New- Glenn extended

The Buffalo Bills 2024 salary cap table, including team cap space, dead cap figures, and complete breakdowns of player cap hits, salaries, and bonuses.

What I'd like to see (at this moment):

DONE- Cutting Mario is another 12.9 and then an additional 1+ after June 1

Cut/Extend/Restructure- If I had my way:

DONE- Cut McKelvin- Add 3.9 mill in cap- No loss really. Must find/develop primary backup to Gilmore/Darby. Arenas/Butler/Robey in the mix. Draftee/vet possible.

DONE-Restructure Graham- Add 2 mill in cap. Terms not yet available.

DONE- Cut Dixon- Add 1.2 mill in cap- No loss. Must add more RB depth from draft

DONE- Cut Urbik- Add 1.8 in cap- Must develop primary G backup, Cyril/Groy plus a draftee/undrafted/vet signee

Re-sign/Extend:

Done- Glenn resigned = 8.5 in cap hit... Terms not disclosed as of 5/5
    Done- Incognito resigned = 5 mill in cap hit. New- 3.25 mill cap hit

Extend Gilmore- Cap hit reduced from 11 mill to 8 mill in first year only. Much more room in 2017. Structure to take the hit in that year and going forward

Draft:

Draft pool (cap) needed = 4.88

Pick 6:
    Draft a DE- Lawson, Dodd, Spence, Nassib, Oakman
    Draft a DT- Robinson, Rankins, Reed, Johnson, Day, Reader
    Draft a LB- Jack, Smith, Ragland, Lee,
    Draft a Big WR- Treadwell, Peake, Dotcson
    Draft a RB- Love it to be Henry (yeah right)
    Draft a CB-
    Draft a QB- Hogan, Prescott
    Draft an OT- Decker, Conklin, Spriggs, Murphy

What I'd like at this moment. Move down from 19 and get another 2nd:
    1) Kevin Dodd
    2a) Derrick Henry- Why? McCoy injuries/suspension, Williams injuries, and imagine what a power bruising back like Henry could do
    2b) Austin Johnson
    3) Jaylon Smith- Store him for future use... more on that later
    4) Kyle Murphy
    5) Charone Peake
    6) Kevin Hogan

Add/Sign:

Vet CB- Brandon Boykin, Antonio Cromartie, Nolan Carroll- Cro can be a primary backup, is an upgrade to McKelvin IMO, is a Ryan fan, and may come in at 4 mill in cap hit
    Vet G- ???
    Vet LB- Demario Davis, Mason Foster, Rolando McClain- Davis knows Ryans scheme, could be had for 3 mill in cap hit. Davis can stand in for a year as a starter. Hopefully he goes back to his Ryan years. Smith should be ready for late 2016 or 2017 and has star potential.

Option to resign Bradham but I'd rather step up and pay for someone like McClain or Courtney Brown instead.

Updated 5/5
    Last edited by X-Era; 05-05-2016, 05:18 PM.

• BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Re: Spotrac has us at 8.6 mil in room already

I hope that's enough $ to sign Glenn and Incognito.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
      • Apr 2005

We never should have been in the position to begin with.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sdbillsfan2 View Post
        Well besides that, it's a good thing though.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by sdbillsfan2 View Post
          We're not, when you think ahead a year and know who you are chopping and what contracts will be redone.

The Bills knew what needed to be done prior to March 9th, as well as all other teams in the NFL.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

If they get Gilmore to sign an extension I'm guessing his $11+ mil cap hit for 2016 would also go down by a few million. If McKelvin and Graham restructure too that's probably at least another couple million.

They can also save $1.15 mil by cutting Boobie Dixon and another $1 mil by cutting Jarius Wynn. Cutting Carpenter and Urbik could also save another $1.8 mil per player.

So there's still a number of different things they can do to save money without really hurting the talent level.

Comment

• mdcas22
              the mouth of the south
              • Aug 2015

minus 5 million for draft picks ...

Comment

• Scumbag College
                • Oct 2002

I'd be fine with being able to get Glenn and Gilmore locked up long term and get Incognito signed for another two years this offseason and not be a player at all in FA besides bringing in some role guys for depth at the vet minimum. The Bills have to figure out what they are going to do about Tyrod too, whom I believe will have his contract voided for the 2017 season.
                Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• mdcas22
                  the mouth of the south
                  • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  If they get Gilmore to sign an extension I'm guessing his $11+ mil cap hit for 2016 would also go down by a few million. If McKelvin and Graham restructure too that's probably at least another couple million.

They can also save $1.15 mil by cutting Boobie Dixon and another $1 mil by cutting Jarius Wynn. Cutting Carpenter and Urbik could also save another $1.8 mil per player.

So there's still a number of different things they can do to save money without really hurting the talent level.
                  can't cut half the team to save money, you have to replace these guys you cut.

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mdcas22 View Post
                    can't cut half the team to save money, you have to replace these guys you cut.
                    I never said anything about cutting half the team. I mentioned four potential cuts that could save money. The Bills have 67 players under contract right now, so they already need to cut at least 14 to get to 53, not to mention all the additional cuts they're going to have to make when they bring 90 players to training camp. I don't think anyone would miss guys like Dixon or Wynn.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                      • Feb 2004

Re: Spotrac has us at 8.6 mil in room already... X's offseason Plan V1.0

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                      With the 155 cap
                      With the 4.4 rollover
                      And with Clays restructuring

Thats before Mario release with post June 1 designation to add another 14.5

That would put us at 23.1 under.

The Buffalo Bills 2024 salary cap table, including team cap space, dead cap figures, and complete breakdowns of player cap hits, salaries, and bonuses.

What I'd like to see (at this moment):

At 8.6 now
                      Cutting Mario is another 12.9 and then an additional 1+ after June 1

Thats 23.1 in room

Cut/Extend/Restructure- If I had my way:

Cut McKelvin- Add 3.9 mill in cap- No loss really. Must find/develop primary backup to Gilmore/Darby. Arenas/Butler/Robey in the mix. Draftee/vet possible.

Restructure Graham- Add 2 mill in cap

Cut Dixon- Add 1.2 mill in cap- No loss. Must add more RB depth from draft

Cut Urbik- Add 1.8 in cap- Must develop primary G backup, Cyril/Groy plus a draftee/undrafted/vet signee

Adds 8.9 to the cap

23.1 + 8.9 = 32 mil in space

Re-sign/Extend:

Glenn resigned = 8.5 in cap hit
                      Incognito resigned = 5 mill in cap hit

32 - 13.5 = 18.5 left

Extend Gilmore- Cap hit reduced from 11 mill to 8 mill in first year only. Much more room in 2017. Structure to take the hit in that year and going forward

18.5 + 3 = 21.5 left

Draft:

Draft pool (cap) needed = 4.88

Pick 6:
                      Draft a DE- Lawson, Dodd, Spence, Nassib, Oakman
                      Draft a DT- Robinson, Rankins, Reed, Johnson, Day, Reader
                      Draft a LB- Jack, Smith, Ragland, Lee,
                      Draft a Big WR- Treadwell, Peake, Dotcson
                      Draft a RB- Love it to be Henry (yeah right)
                      Draft a CB-
                      Draft a QB- Hogan, Prescott
                      Draft an OT- Decker, Conklin, Spriggs, Murphy

What I'd like at this moment. Move down from 19 and get another 2nd:
                      1) Kevin Dodd
                      2a) Derrick Henry- Why? McCoy injuries/suspension, Williams injuries, and imagine what a power bruising back like Henry could do
                      2b) Austin Johnson
                      3) Jaylon Smith- Store him for future use... more on that later
                      4) Kyle Murphy
                      5) Charone Peake
                      6) Kevin Hogan

21.5 - 4.88 = 16.62

Add/Sign:

Vet CB- Brandon Boykin, Antonio Cromartie, Nolan Carroll- Cro can be a primary backup, is an upgrade to McKelvin IMO, is a Ryan fan, and may come in at 4 mill in cap hit
                      Vet G- ???
                      Vet LB- Demario Davis, Mason Foster, Rolando McClain- Davis knows Ryans scheme, could be had for 3 mill in cap hit. Davis can stand in for a year as a starter. Hopefully he goes back to his Ryan years. Smith should be ready for late 2016 or 2017 and has star potential.

16.62 - 7 = 9.6 left

Option to resign Bradham but I'd rather step up and pay for someone like McClain or Courtney Brown instead.

Nicely done!!
                      GO Gators!!!!!!
                      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Honestly floated that before I saw the new Rappaport report...

At the Scouting Combine last week, Bills coach Rex Ryan discussed the disappointing performance of his defense in 2015 and how they will improve in 2016 in the inimitable style he's become known for since moving up to a head coaching job.

As I state in the OP, I'd like the move at the right price. 4 mill in cap hit seems reasonable for a guy thats going to be 32 and is coming off a bad year.
                        Last edited by X-Era; 02-28-2016, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I don't see the sense in swapping out Mckelvin for Cromartie and adding to the cap in the process, especially considering the team is already working with Leodis on a deal that will probably lower his current hit. Switching from our under-achiever, to another one of Wrecks' posse on the decline doesn't scream 'upgrade' to me.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            I don't see the sense in swapping out Mckelvin for Cromartie and adding to the cap in the process, especially considering the team is already working with Leodis on a deal that will probably lower his current hit. Switching from our under-achiever, to another one of Wrecks' posse on the decline doesn't scream 'upgrade' to me.
                            I like cromartie better in coverage and he knows Rexs system. We're stuck with Rex so we might as well add some players who actually know it.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                              I like cromartie better in coverage and he knows Rexs system. We're stuck with Rex so we might as well add some players who actually know it.
                              We are going to waste so much money and so many draft picks until Rex departs.

Comment

Working...
                              X