PDA

View Full Version : Rapoport: Antonio Cromartie expected to visit Bills

IlluminatusUIUC
02-28-2016, 11:19 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash">#Jets</a> CB Antonio Cromartie is expected to visit the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a>, source says. Rex Ryan is intrigued by a reunion.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/703992605424668672">February 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No. Please.

YardRat
02-28-2016, 12:06 PM
****. No thanks.

mdcas22
02-28-2016, 02:29 PM
here we go again, the Buffalo jets.. no thanks

SpikedLemonade
02-28-2016, 02:32 PM
My hate for Rex grows daily.

Scumbag College
02-28-2016, 02:36 PM
The Bills can sign Cromartie and have him move all of his kids to town to stop Buffalo's shrinking population statistics.

swiper
02-28-2016, 02:46 PM
Whaley needs to exert his authority and stop this.

ParanoidAndroid
02-28-2016, 03:23 PM
He has been a shell of his former self two years running. No thanks. I'd rather they continue to bring Butler along than spend on a has been.

pmoon6
02-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Why would you spend money on a CB when we have two pretty good ones?

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2016, 04:12 PM
With Aaron Williams' status unknown, maybe he can come and play safety?

DraftBoy
02-28-2016, 04:16 PM
Ewwww...

Mace
02-28-2016, 04:51 PM
Why would you spend money on a CB when we have two pretty good ones?

Same reason they brought in Wayne Hunter the OL who had been out of football and went back to being out of football after.

He's a Ryan guy ! :superman:

OpIv37
02-28-2016, 05:20 PM
I don't get this. We have limited cap room and our DB's are solid. Why use limited resources on him?

YardRat
02-28-2016, 05:26 PM
I don't get this. We have limited cap room and our DB's are solid. Why use limited resources on him?

Just about any question relative to the Bills that starts out "I don't get this..." can be answered with a reply of "Because Wrecks is a dumbass".

OpIv37
02-28-2016, 06:08 PM
Just about any question relative to the Bills that starts out "I don't get this..." can be answered with a reply of "Because Wrecks is a dumbass".

Ha good response.

Mahdi
02-28-2016, 08:09 PM
We have 2 good cover corners, which means we need 3.

Cromartie is good depth and can also play deep safety at this stage of his career.

Would be a great signing.

OpIv37
02-28-2016, 08:26 PM

Cromartie is good depth and can also play deep safety at this stage of his career.

Can there be one time when you don't toe the company line?

X-Era
02-29-2016, 04:07 AM

Agreed. I don't fully understand why we shouldn't consider it.

1) Brooks is gone
2) McKelvin can stay if he takes a pay cut but still isn't good
3) We have no solid #3 CB
4) We have no primary backup CB
5) Cromartie knows the system which apparently is something we don't have on the roster right now
6) Cromartie could be a backup FS as well

Do we not think #3 CB is a need? We want to invest a draft pick on a CB?

YardRat
02-29-2016, 05:03 AM
#1--I don't know how anybody can conclude nobody on the roster 'knows the system', considering the strong seasons both Darby and Gilmore had.
#2--There really isn't a whole lot to 'know' about Wrecks' system, from a corner perspective. For them, it's more of a game-by-game, technique/strategy how to line up/position against the receivers they'll be covering

DraftBoy
02-29-2016, 05:08 AM
After sleeping on it, I still don't like it. However, depending on the cost I'm not opposed to bringing in a veteran who knows the system and can help out with depth. I do like the idea suggested earlier of potentially utilizing Cro as a potential FS. He has some athleticism left and maybe he fits better as a center field type FS in the Rex system now.

coastal
02-29-2016, 05:27 AM
lol

Ingtar33
02-29-2016, 07:35 AM
god no. this was one FA signing I laughed at the jets for. Please no.

Victor7
02-29-2016, 09:01 AM
Not the player he once was

If he comes cheap however its not a bad idea. Depth at CB is always good fellas.

If he wants to be paid like a premier starting guy of course he can go f*** himself.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-29-2016, 09:25 AM
What do people think a "cheap" contract is for Antonio Cromartie? He's one year removed from a 4 year/32 million deal with the Jets. Even his "prove it" deal with the Cardinals was north of $3 million.

If you think Cromatie is going to come here for like 900k, you're kidding yourselves. This would be at bare minimum a $2.5-3 million deal and that's assuming he gets no sniff from the rest of the NFL.

Mr. Pink
02-29-2016, 10:00 AM
Wouldn't be a terrible signing, wouldn't be great...

Don't understand why some people mock him, while having no problem with McKelvin. Cromartie would be an upgrade over McKelvin in the nickel role.

Then you can either keep and restructure McKelvin to be the dime back or just cut him outright.

Mahdi
02-29-2016, 11:05 AM
Can there be one time when you don't toe the company line?

I call it like I see it.

I have been critical of the Bills for a lot of decisions.

Victor7
02-29-2016, 11:40 AM
What do people think a "cheap" contract is for Antonio Cromartie? He's one year removed from a 4 year/32 million deal with the Jets. Even his "prove it" deal with the Cardinals was north of $3 million.

If you think Cromatie is going to come here for like 900k, you're kidding yourselves. This would be at bare minimum a $2.5-3 million deal and that's assuming he gets no sniff from the rest of the NFL.

2-4 mill would be cheap IMO.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-29-2016, 12:00 PM
2-4 mill would be cheap IMO.

Not in our cap situation IMO. Spending multiple millions on depth at CB when we've got starters to re-sign or replace isn't a good move to me.

justasportsfan
02-29-2016, 12:25 PM
I call it like I see it.

you're blind as a bat.

trapezeus
02-29-2016, 02:59 PM
I'd prefer to have more pass rushers and cheaper, younger DBs. You get to the QB, and then you don't need lockdown talent at CB.

Victor7
02-29-2016, 03:15 PM
Not in our cap situation IMO. Spending multiple millions on depth at CB when we've got starters to re-sign or replace isn't a good move to me.

We've been through the misery of having to start Ron Brooks or Nickel Robey before. Depth at CB is extremely important. I get that our cap is tight. But 2-4 mill for corner depth isn't that much IMO. It is for us now, but in general I'm all for it.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-29-2016, 03:26 PM
We've been through the misery of having to start Ron Brooks or Nickel Robey before. Depth at CB is extremely important. I get that our cap is tight. But 2-4 mill for corner depth isn't that much IMO. It is for us now, but in general I'm all for it.

Starting Robey at corner for a few games is not nearly as bad as starting Jordan Mills or Ekempali or Tarpley for a full season, which are real possibilities if we throw all our money at secondary again.

We've done the whole "throw money and picks at the secondary. repeat." strategy for years, could we at least try build a dominant OL at least once?

Mace
02-29-2016, 04:15 PM
Wouldn't be a terrible signing, wouldn't be great...

Don't understand why some people mock him, while having no problem with McKelvin. Cromartie would be an upgrade over McKelvin in the nickel role.

Then you can either keep and restructure McKelvin to be the dime back or just cut him outright.

I'm easy to understand. I mock him and I mock McKelvin.

swiper
02-29-2016, 04:47 PM
I'm easy to understand.

Well not always.

Mr. Pink
02-29-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm easy to understand. I mock him and I mock McKelvin.

As long as your mocking is consistent, mock on I say!

DraftBoy
02-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Starting Robey at corner for a few games is not nearly as bad as starting Jordan Mills or Ekempali or Tarpley for a full season, which are real possibilities if we throw all our money at secondary again.

We've done the whole "throw money and picks at the secondary. repeat." strategy for years, could we at least try build a dominant OL at least once?

Love to, but don't we need to get at least one dominant OL first?

IlluminatusUIUC
02-29-2016, 07:25 PM
Love to, but don't we need to get at least one dominant OL first?

I would love to, but for the moment getting competence at all five positions is a good start.

If we're throwing out names, I'd say maybe take a look at Anthony Davis? He wants to come back after taking a year off, he's worked with Roman before and been an elite performer. I don't know his contract situation since his rights still belong to San Francisco, but he might be pried loose for picks.

Albany,n.y.
03-01-2016, 07:49 AM
here we go again, the Buffalo jets.. no thanks

If you were around when Chuck Knox brought in his version of the Buffalo Rams, were you complaining then too?
All coaches who get another job right after their last coaching gig do this. Remember when we cut Drew Bledsoe who he ended up with?

Victor7
03-01-2016, 10:08 AM

OL and LB depth are the worst holes on the team. I've been saying it since before last season. You won't hear me argue otherwise.

But DB depth is a big deal too. The thing is Rex's style of D depends heavily on the corners being able to handle themselves on their own. Gilmore and Darby are both suited for it. Not sure about anyone else. I mean if Leodis stays by all means stay away from AC unless he wants to come for vet min (which he won't) But if Leodis walks this isn't a bad idea Illum. He could also play safety where Graham took a massive step back in 2015 and Williams is a huge question mark because of his neck.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-01-2016, 10:17 AM
OL and LB depth are the worst holes on the team. I've been saying it since before last season. You won't hear me argue otherwise.

But DB depth is a big deal too. The thing is Rex's style of D depends heavily on the corners being able to handle themselves on their own. Gilmore and Darby are both suited for it. Not sure about anyone else. I mean if Leodis stays by all means stay away from AC unless he wants to come for vet min (which he won't) But if Leodis walks this isn't a bad idea Illum. He could also play safety where Graham took a massive step back in 2015 and Williams is a huge question mark because of his neck.

Leodis can't walk, he's under contract for this year. And the rumor is that we are going to extend him to bring down his cap it, which can understand.

Buffalogic
03-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Cro is an above average pass defender. His problem is he just refuses to tackle.

MillsapsBillsFan
03-01-2016, 10:50 AM
I'd prefer to have more pass rushers and cheaper, younger DBs. You get to the QB, and then you don't need lockdown talent at CB.

I would prefer that too, but Rex's defense requires talent at CB

Mahdi
03-02-2016, 08:26 AM
you're blind as a bat.

So do you have examples of how wrong I've been over the years or is that just a random statement?

IlluminatusUIUC
03-04-2016, 09:45 AM
With McKelvin gone, it does seem likely they are going his direction.

BertSquirtgum
03-04-2016, 10:21 PM
How many women does he impregnate on his visit? I'm going with four.

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-05-2016, 04:45 AM
How many women does he impregnate on his visit? I'm going with four.

he clearly has a gift. i think i read something a few months ago that he impregnated his wife with again recently despite getting snipped. with twins at that