• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quizlet2003
    Veteran Zoner
    • Sep 2002

All The Little Things...

...I havnt seen any other of these, so I thought I would post it.

As much as people would like to blaim the entire game on the Special Teams YOU CAN NOT! Now, dont get me wrong, they where a majority factor.

BUT. If we did not let the Jets convert on the two point conversion we would of won. If that 1 field goal by Hollis was made we would of won. Both of these situations NO OVERTIME would be needed.

Anyway... Football goes on!!!

Vikings :badboy:
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

comon, that was a 50 yard feild goal. not exactly a give me. and ill give it to em they expolited a rookie mistake by coy wire to get that 2 pt conversion, good coaching by the jets.

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Yeah, Jets would have scored that 2-point conversion 10 times out of 10.

We did give that game away though.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

umm, Quiz....Kicking is part of special teams!

Mike Hollis missing the field goal was a special teams blunder. So technically, the only thing you can consider a non special teams error is the 2 point conversion that Wire let the jets do.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Ditto, Mike. Often times a game is decided by who makes the fewest number of errors. When those errors lead directly to touchdowns being scored against you it's almost a given you're going to lose. Errors quizlet did not mention were the interceptions, both of which lead to Jets points and one of which gave the Jets the ball deep in Buffalo territory.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• quizlet2003
            Veteran Zoner
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mike32282
            umm, Quiz....Kicking is part of special teams!

Mike Hollis missing the field goal was a special teams blunder. So technically, the only thing you can consider a non special teams error is the 2 point conversion that Wire let the jets do.
            Yes you could consider it that way. But if you look at the replay it wasnt a low snap or a late kick...etc, it was just a plain missed kick. Dont take everything so literaly mike! :madfire:

Comment

• quizlet2003
              Veteran Zoner
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
              Ditto, Mike. Often times a game is decided by who makes the fewest number of errors. When those errors lead directly to touchdowns being scored against you it's almost a given you're going to lose. Errors quizlet did not mention were the interceptions, both of which lead to Jets points and one of which gave the Jets the ball deep in Buffalo territory.
              Uhm... dude. Only 1 of those int where turned into points. I think it was a TD (maybe only a FG) and 1 of those 2 where not his fault. Deflected of Erics arm.

Comment

• Mr Bill
                Oh No!!!
                • Jul 2002

As posted by quizlet
                As much as people would like to blaim the entire game on the Special Teams YOU CAN NOT!...
                If that 1 field goal by Hollis was made we would of won.
                Last i read or knew about ball, was that kicking is special teams. There were couple of major mistakes made out there last Sunday. If we don't repeat them, we will be fine.

I used to be a big TV star,
                now I'm just a pile of clay.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                  • Jul 2002

If if's and but's were candy and nuts........................

bring on the Vikings!

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                    I'm Really 4 and Short
                    • Sep 2002

Thats not right, our special teams gave up 16 points from a blocked punt, 2 return TDs. (1 no XP)

So, unless that field goal was worth 16 points..

Comment

Working...
                    X