PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bills frustrated with Incognito

IlluminatusUIUC
03-01-2016, 10:01 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/01/bills-frustrated-with-incognitos-demands/

Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, the Bills think Incognito should give the team that gave him a second chance a break, accepting less than perhaps what he could get elsewhere. The Bills are getting frustrated, we’re told, with Incognito’s refusal to take what they’ll give him.

sukie
03-01-2016, 10:02 AM
I'm on Ritchie's side

SpikedLemonade
03-01-2016, 10:09 AM
We are so desperate at OL that we have to make a deal with this POS.

Victor7
03-01-2016, 10:11 AM
Can't fault him really. He's 33 years old. This is likely his last pay day.

I understand the Bills side too. They took a flier on the guy after he was cast away from the league for being a massive a-hole. They might feel entitled to a sort of "I took a chance on you discount".

Hope they can work something out. 2014 without him was a mess. Both Glenn and Wood had subpar years trying to make up for the deficiencies of whoever lined up at LG.

daryls61
03-01-2016, 10:22 AM
Seems Urbik has been cut so maybe they feel more confident that this story leads on?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/mEMjLE2sco">pic.twitter.com/mEMjLE2sco</a></p>&mdash; Kraig Urbik (@kraigurbik) <a href="https://twitter.com/kraigurbik/status/704721551329992704">March 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bill Cody
03-01-2016, 10:26 AM
F him

justasportsfan
03-01-2016, 10:28 AM
F him

I agree. We don't need player who fit Romans scheme like we don't need players to fit Rex's.

Mr. Miyagi
03-01-2016, 10:33 AM
Why skim on OL? If nothing else we should put our money on the big uglies.

Forward_Lateral
03-01-2016, 10:37 AM
This whole "he owes us because we gave him a 2nd chance" attitude by the Bills front office is disgusting. Everyone knows that the moment he sucks, or gets hurt, he'll be thrown away like yesterday's newspaper.

Give him a deal at market value, or even slightly above.

coastal
03-01-2016, 10:38 AM
"You can find guards in the later rounds." ~ some gay older guy who wears awkward sweater vests.

Buffalogic
03-01-2016, 10:40 AM
If we can't get incogs back we will probably just sign Jhari Evans. Not the end of the world by any means.

Mace
03-01-2016, 11:34 AM
If we can't get incogs back we will probably just sign Jhari Evans. Not the end of the world by any means. He's wearing down, missed 5 games last year.

Buffalogic
03-01-2016, 11:41 AM
He's wearing down, missed 5 games last year.
Same age. Reportedly healthy now.

Ed
03-01-2016, 11:43 AM
If the Bills wanted Incognito long term at a bargain price than they should have signed him to a multi-year deal last year. They gave him a one year "prove it" deal and he exceeded everyone's expectations. He already missed out on a year and a half of salary because of that lame bullying scandal and was underpaid last year. This is his last chance to cash in. Why would anyone expect him to take a below market deal?

DesertFox24
03-01-2016, 12:01 PM
This is all premature garbage at this point and I would just ignore it, as it is more than likely false.

Lets wait and see what happens. If he signs elsewhere for a big deal so be it.

I personally think a 2 or 3 year deal with somewhere between 6 and 6.5 APY is probably fair for him. If he signs elsewhere for that or less, then the bills are being lowballers and got what they deserved, if he signs for more Kudos to the bills for not overpaying.

All that said I do not blame Icognito one bit for trying to get the best deal.

I bet if all things are equal he will stay with us, or if we are real close he will stay.

Mr. Pink
03-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Teams have no loyalty to players.

Richie should get every dollar he can.

Buffalogic
03-01-2016, 01:21 PM
It's not like he's going to hit a gigantic long term payday. He's 33. He'll get 3 years tops. More likely 2.

DynaPaul
03-01-2016, 04:05 PM
We'll sign him. Don't worry about it.

Ingtar33
03-02-2016, 07:14 AM
This whole "he owes us because we gave him a 2nd chance" attitude by the Bills front office is disgusting. Everyone knows that the moment he sucks, or gets hurt, he'll be thrown away like yesterday's newspaper.

Give him a deal at market value, or even slightly above.

bingo. this FO has been nothing but cold and heartless to older players or players not playing up to their potential. what credit does this franchise have left to deserve to get a discount on anyone at this point? right now i'm with Incognito on this one.

Night Train
03-02-2016, 07:20 AM
If the Bills wanted Incognito long term at a bargain price than they should have signed him to a multi-year deal last year. They gave him a one year "prove it" deal and he exceeded everyone's expectations. He already missed out on a year and a half of salary because of that lame bullying scandal and was underpaid last year. This is his last chance to cash in. Why would anyone expect him to take a below market deal?

Bullseye

At his age, it's his last chance and he played for just over 1 Mil last year. I don't blame him a bit but let someone else overpay if it's unrealistic. OL and D Front 7 is incredibly strong this draft year.

I know rookies aren't the best answer but welcome to the cap age where you pick and chose who to keep. We picked Glenn.

Everyone has to start rookies.

pmoon6
03-02-2016, 07:39 AM
If the Bills wanted Incognito long term at a bargain price than they should have signed him to a multi-year deal last year. They gave him a one year "prove it" deal and he exceeded everyone's expectations. He already missed out on a year and a half of salary because of that lame bullying scandal and was underpaid last year. This is his last chance to cash in. Why would anyone expect him to take a below market deal?Couldn't have said it better. Richie turned it around and should be given a fair deal because he earned it. This "discount" BS is just that.

Is Ralph's ghost hovering over One Bills' Drive?

feldspar
03-02-2016, 07:50 AM
We'll sign him. Don't worry about it.

Right.

Just a kink in the chain. You go high, I go low...that's called business. If people want to project anything else onto that, that's their business, but it's a waste of time.

Mahdi
03-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Its the Bills fault.

Incognito was a good player before he was suspended. Wisdom would have been to sign him to at least a 2 year deal so you have time to develop his replacement.

As it is now, he's 33 and I can't justify the Bills paying 7 mil per to an old guard.

There are a lot of vet guards available on the market for much less.

Ginger Vitis
03-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Who is Ryan Talbot and is he more credible than Pat Moran?

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1647976-bfr-exclusive-billsincognito-close-deal

Mace
03-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Who is Ryan Talbot and is he more credible than Pat Moran?

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1647976-bfr-exclusive-billsincognito-close-deal

No clue and I really really hope so.

Topas
03-03-2016, 03:45 AM
Its the Bills fault.

Incognito was a good player before he was suspended. Wisdom would have been to sign him to at least a 2 year deal so you have time to develop his replacement.

As it is now, he's 33 and I can't justify the Bills paying 7 mil per to an old guard.

There are a lot of vet guards available on the market for much less.

What? We were pretty much the only team that was willing to sign him. And we got heavily critiziced at all. And Inc was IIRC out of football for 18 months. Many ridiculed us for signing him and thinking that he could help us at guard. And then he did and everybody congratulated the Bills.
But you are saying that was clear from the beginning and we should have signed him for more years?
And even, maybe the Bills tried but he wanted a "prove-it" contract because he knew he would roll.
Your post is a bit of a stretch. please show me some old posts where you already knew that he will perform.

YardRat
03-03-2016, 04:33 AM
At least we can say we're frustrated with Richie because of contract negotiations, and not locker room and/or on/off field antics.

trapezeus
03-03-2016, 06:26 AM
who knows how the original contract went down. maybe he said, "I'm good now. I won't be a problem. I'd like a 3 year deal" and the bills said no. under that scenario, the bills were the only one to give him a chance, but they didn't take a big flyer on him. at his age and with his problems, I feel like very few teams will take the gamble if he hits the open market. good teams who want to win now already have good OLs.

Night Train
03-03-2016, 07:34 AM
Don't know who this dude is but I'll post it for the heck of it.