PDA

View Full Version : Real Questions

DesertFox24
03-01-2016, 12:04 PM
We all knew at the beginning of last year that this team was only going to be together for one year and major cuts were coming.

The question that needs to be answered is can the offense build off what they did last year and stay a top 12 offense.

The second question is can this defense improve and play at a top 10 level.

No doubt we will have less talent this year, but with Tyrod hopefully getting better maybe we become better.

gebobs
03-01-2016, 12:29 PM
It's too early to tell on any of this. Draft and free agency are yet to come. With Mario gone, we have more cap to play with though he, Harvin, Urbik, and Chris Williams (remember him) still count for $12M in dead cap. By comparison, our divisional rivals are not thus hamstrung.

NE - $5M
MIA - $4M
NYJ - $500k

We better hope Ryan schemes the fark out our opponents because he's not likely to have many personnel upgrades. As far as Taylor goes, it's anyone's guess. He'll have to play lights out to move this team forward. I'm not too optimistic. It's certainly a race for runner-up in the division and that's a race I realistically don't think we'll win.

Just be thankful we aren't rooting for the Saints with their $25M in dead cap. They'll be bringing up the rear in the NFC South next year.

coastal
03-01-2016, 01:38 PM
Maybe this is the year we can finally tank and get the first pick overall. Our luck though would be to have a CB or RB be the #1 rated prospect.

X-Era
03-01-2016, 02:27 PM
On paper we didn't lose much so far:

A rookie could put up 5 sacks
Unsure whether there is a ripple effect across the line with Mario gone. Does that shift OL attention elsewhere and decrease the output as a whole?
Urbik? No loss
Harvin? Wasn't really here. No loss.
Dixon? No loss

Glenn tagged- going nowhere
Incognito- Really the only main concern I have right now. The loss would be felt.

Urbiks replacement is Cyril or draftee or new vet
Harvins replacement could easily be an upgrade maybe even short term (actually on the field all year) and could come from the draft
Marios replacement is likley to be one of our first 3 picks
Dixons replacement might come from the draft IMO

I think the roster may end up stronger than this year actually.

tampabay25690
03-01-2016, 03:06 PM
On paper we didn't lose much so far:

A rookie could put up 5 sacks
Unsure whether there is a ripple effect across the line with Mario gone. Does that shift OL attention elsewhere and decrease the output as a whole?
Urbik? No loss
Harvin? Wasn't really here. No loss.
Dixon? No loss

Glenn tagged- going nowhere
Incognito- Really the only main concern I have right now. The loss would be felt.

Urbiks replacement is Cyril or draftee or new vet
Harvins replacement could easily be an upgrade maybe even short term (actually on the field all year) and could come from the draft
Marios replacement is likley to be one of our first 3 picks
Dixons replacement might come from the draft IMO

I think the roster may end up stronger than this year actually.

So #1 priority is to grab a NT...
Move Dareus and Kyle to the DE
Jerry will be that OLB type like Von Miller in the 3-4..
But we need a space EATER at DT and likely could be Reed, or Robinson from Bama...

If you remember when Rex had great defenses they had a big space eating DT.....

YardRat
03-01-2016, 03:23 PM
The last time Wrecks had a great defense he not only had a space-eater in the trench, he also had future HOFers at MLB and safety.

DesertFox24
03-01-2016, 03:29 PM
I personally believe the offense is going to have to carry the load this year.

We need more players on def to run his system unless guys like Randall Johnson duke Williams Rambo and two more corners step up. Oh not to mention we have a slow mlb and bradham is probably gone.

My feeling is they draft heavy def this year and sign two def vets in 2017 and that is the season we can compete for division crown. Brady started to not be omnipotent end of this year. I think one more good year from him. 2017 will be a mix of Farve second year with vikes and last year with jets.

Hopefully by the. The def will be rebuilt and the offense in still in good shape. Although shady probably not here that year.

feldspar
03-02-2016, 10:15 PM
It might be somewhat interesting to see Marquise Goodwin back, considering how well we've seen Tyrod throw the long ball.

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2016, 05:10 AM
This is a 7-9 to 9-7 team this season which is actually an achievement given the schedule this year is much harder than last year's schedule.

MillsapsBillsFan
03-03-2016, 05:47 AM
It might be somewhat interesting to see Marquise Goodwin back, considering how well we've seen Tyrod throw the long ball.

Don't blink when he comes back, it probably wont be for long. So much speed for a body made of glass its a real shame

k-oneputt
03-03-2016, 07:03 AM
This is a 7-9 to 9-7 team this season which is actually an achievement given the schedule this year is much harder than last year's schedule.

That would be accurate since the Bills wins in Vegas was just released at 8 wins.

gebobs
03-03-2016, 07:19 AM
That would be accurate since the Bills wins in Vegas was just released at 8 wins.

I'll take the under. My cynicism is at full tank with this team.

SpikedLemonade
03-03-2016, 09:56 AM
I'll take the under. My cynicism is at full tank with this team.

I would take the under as well.