X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

You make the 19th pick in the draft!!!!

Draft day is close and the combine is over.
    I will list 6 guys that I believe will be there at the 19th pick in the draft.
    All guys that the Bills could draft.
    Tell me who you would pick and why....

Sheldon Rankins DT Louisville, guy has moved up all draft charts.....

Reggie Ragland ILB Bama, guy that I have wanted for a long time and weighing in over 250 lbs I was shocked that he ran a 4.78. Impressive

Darron Lee LB Ohio St, guy that will definitely play the OLB role running a 4.47 at the combine just bumped him in the TOP 25...

Jarran Reed DT BAMA, Great against the run and very disruptive. Not a great pass rusher at all but could play that NOSE in a 3-4 and move 99 and 95 to the DE...

Taylor Decker OT Ohio St, we could use a plug in RT from Day 1.

Robert Nkendiche DE/DT Ole Miss, Guy is a beast 6'3 290. Could be a Julius Peppers type athlete if he can get his head on straight.

OK with the 19th pick in the draft the Bills select: Reggie Ragland ILB from Bama......
    very important role in this defense and a very smart kid. Should be able to grasp a REX RYAN defense and be able to move Brown back to outside...
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: You make the 19th pick in the draft!!!!

I'm OK with all you mentioned, plus a few more OT's, DE/LB Noah Spence, a couple D guys from Clemson (Lawson,Kearse) ..

We'll get a good player in Round 1 and I wouldn't even mind dropping down towards the end of Round 1 if offered the chance. We need multiple players and the OL, D Front 7 pool is deep into this draft with quality.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
      I'm OK with all you mentioned, plus a few more OT's, DE/LB Noah Spence, a couple D guys from Clemson (Lawson,Kearse) ..

We'll get a good player in Round 1 and I wouldn't even mind dropping down towards the end of Round 1 if offered the chance. We need multiple players and the OL, D Front 7 pool is deep into this draft with quality.
      Spence will be gone, Lawson will be gone.
      Kearse is a 2nd- 3rd rounder.
      But any front 7 guy will be a plus.....
      I really like Noah Spence a lot.
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Ed
        Dude
        • Sep 2002

I would go DL before LB. I think Whaley can find good LB's in the later rounds. Nkemdiche is probably the most intriguing player from that list, but there seems to be questions about his work ethic or motivation, which to me is a much bigger concern than the off-field stuff. I'd probably go Rankins or Reed, but I'll trust the Bills picks.

Comment

• tampabay25690
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Ed View Post
          I would go DL before LB. I think Whaley can find good LB's in the later rounds. Nkemdiche is probably the most intriguing player from that list, but there seems to be questions about his work ethic or motivation, which to me is a much bigger concern than the off-field stuff. I'd probably go Rankins or Reed, but I'll trust the Bills picks.
          I agree with all you said.
          I can see us going with those guys as well.
          GO Gators!!!!!!
          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Night Train
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by tampabay25690 View Post
            Spence will be gone, Lawson will be gone.
            We don't know that. Speculation. Every year I read we have " No Chance " at multiple guys...and we do.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              We don't know that. Speculation. Every year I read we have " No Chance " at multiple guys...and we do.
              Of course we don't but if you read what I wrote.......
              The guys I posted are ones I believe will be there....
              I don't believe either of the 2 you just mentioned will....If they are there I would take 1 of those 2 over the list I gave.
              I think Spence is going to be a steal in this draft.
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

My preference is for an OT at 19th rather than a NT which will become irrelevant in a couple of years when Rex is canned and the new HC installs a defense not requiring a NT.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Dammit Tampa... Why are you always giving me the list I don't want? LOL

A'Shawn Robinson
                  Laquon Treadwell
                  Myles Jack
                  Shaq Lawson

From your list:

Jarran Reed
                  Robert Nkemdiche- Won't surprise me if he drops to us in the 2nd.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

From that list I would take Reed. Draft big, early and often.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                      • Jul 2005

After hearing Whaley stating today that the 3-4 look will be primary, a pure NT is a need. That moves Hughes and Lawson outside to LB. Dareus, Kyle Williams, Corbin Bryant and more to DE. They signed a monster in 6-7 364 T. J. Barnes in November but at that weight, he may be spent after 5 snaps.

Say hello to Andrew Billings of Baylor. He's ranked #15 overall by NFL Draft Scout. 6-1 315. Plays out of his mind.

Welcome to Harris Highlights! The #1 Highlight Channel on YouTube(↓↓ click show more ↓↓)♫ CREAM - Can't Turn Down ♫All Rights Reserved. No Copyright Infringe...

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Hughes, Lawson and Mario played OLB this season, so essentially they really aren't 'moving' anywhere.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

I still go with Reed. I think he can two gap just fine, and they could move him around for mismatches assuming Ryan knows what he's doing this time. He could be the Dan Hampton from Buddy's 46. Could be. From that list, if unavailable, Rankins, Ragland, Decker in that order. Rankins has been working hard to impress. Ragland is the tank mlb I always wish we had, and Decker because we need to end this flailing around at rt.

Nkemdiche makes me nervous, because Ryan lets players do what they want and he needs a drill instructor. Lee no, because I think any of the others would make more impact on the defense.

Comment

• Night Train
                            • Jul 2005

Chad Reuter says teams that are feeling particularly risk-averse could be drawn to these prospects. His series on the safest picks continues with edge rushers, interior D-linemen and LBs.

Comment

• Buckets
                              • Jun 2003

Who's left?

Comment

Working...
                              X