PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought your balls were re-inflated

YardRat
03-03-2016, 05:44 PM
http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/03/03/deflategate-appeal-nfl-tom-brady-roger-goodell

Tom Brady could be in trouble after Deflategate appeal hearingFantasy tip: You might want to draft Jimmy Garoppolo for the first four games of the 2016 regular season. While the Patriots’ backup quarterback played no role in Thursday’s oral arguments of the NFL’s appeal of U.S. District Judge Richard Berman’s Sept. 3 order to vacate Tom Brady’s four-game suspension, he may be a beneficiary of how those arguments are ruled upon. A three-judge panel on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit expressed significant skepticism to the arguments raised by attorney Jeffrey Kessler, who insisted that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell acted outside the scope of his powers in affirming his own suspension of Brady. Judges Robert Katzmann, Barrington Parker, Jr. and Denny Chin took turns in rejecting theories raised by Kessler and—in a surprise—consistently suggested that Brady “destroying” his cell phone provided Goodell sufficient reason to doubt Brady.

DesertFox24
03-03-2016, 05:50 PM
When will
Tom retire or go away. Just tired of him and the pats in general.

YardRat
03-03-2016, 05:51 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/04/sports/football/tom-brady-deflategate-appeals-court.html?_r=0

Judges Question Tom Brady’s Claims

Night Train
03-03-2016, 05:56 PM
Just when Gisele thought the BJ's were over..

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2016, 06:14 PM
I got $10 that says that if Brady gets 4 games, that we play them in Foxboro week 5 on short rest.

Mace
03-03-2016, 06:33 PM
If the Bills can't beat the Pats with Brady or win the division without handicaps, they'll always be inadequate imho, and never will get any farther.

MikeInRoch
03-03-2016, 06:58 PM
I got $10 that says that if Brady gets 4 games, that we play them in Foxboro week 5 on short rest.

Nope. Week 6. After their week 5 bye.

Oaf
03-04-2016, 12:24 AM
If the Bills can't beat the Pats with Brady or win the division without handicaps, they'll always be inadequate imho, and never will get any farther.

After saying that last year and losing twice, I'll take wins any way possible. This is a dynasty for cripe's sake. Hit while they're down.

Victor7
03-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Read that whole thing about not going well for Brady. But then I find out that the decision won't come for months !! ..... wtf man ?? Why ?? I mean you don't have to decide right then and there but months later ??

It bothers me because it gives massive POS Kraft time to work his dirty weasel ways in the background to try to once again be above the rules.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Nope. Week 6. After their week 5 bye.
And after a Patriot 51-13 loss to the Jets on Week 4 so they're nice and pissed.

And Bob Kraft just recovering from a heart attack so let's win one for Mr. Kraft.

BertSquirtgum
03-04-2016, 10:19 PM
It was bull**** the suspension was vacated to begin. I stand by my original comments that the judge was paid off.

coastal
03-05-2016, 07:16 AM
Jizelle

DynaPaul
03-05-2016, 11:38 AM
If the NFL doesn't prevail every player will take their suspension to court and tie it up for years. This has to be done quickly so his suspension can start next season and a legal precedent is set to stop further challenges. Again, Kraft, Belichick, and Brady care nothing for the integrity of the sport and Goodell needs to assert his authority.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-10-2016, 09:06 AM
According to Spotrac's twitter, Brady's contract re-structuring, if he is suspended he stands to lose less then $250K rather then $2.5 million from missing 4 games.

This guy can find the loopholes no matter what the coverage.