• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

I Think The Bills Have Their Eyes On Drafting Leonard Floyd In Round 2

OLB, Georgia.

At 6'4, 230 lbs he's very fast off the edge and can put a lot of pressure on the quarterback as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense.

Does he remain on the board after 48 picks?

More teams are playing a 4-3 defense, and Floyd is not a 4-3 linebacker so that bodes well for the Bills.

Slightly less than half of all NFL teams are running a 3-4 defense.

I wrote this article last February and I thought it would be a good refresher in the run-up to the 2015 Draft. Obviously, the players highlighted are from last season's draft, but the concepts...

Very generally speaking, because there are 50 shades of grey therein, the teams that run the 3-4 currently include the Niners, Jets, Cardinals, Ravens, Packers, Chiefs,Chargers, Redskins, Browns, Steelers, Eagles, and others.

Good read for a restful, joyfully boring Sunday afternoon.

Which teams pick ahead of the Bills, run a 3-4 defense, and need an outside linebacker?

With Super Bowl 50 in the books, the order for the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft is set. This is the first-round order, with the top positional needs for every team, as provided by Lance Zierlein.

Ravens

The Ravens have the 36th overall pick in the 2nd round.

What would it take to move from 49 to 36?

Unfortunately, I don't think Ozzie Newsome would be willing to trade.

If Leonard Floyd is off the board, who should the Bills draft at linebacker?
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Re: I Think The Bills Have Their Eyes On Drafting Leonard Floyd In Round 2

Von Miller comes to mind.

He's 6'3 254 lbs today, but as a freshman at Texas A&M he weighed 220 lbs.

Before being drafted by the Broncos, Miller weighed 246 lbs and played 4 seasons of college football.

Leonard Floyd is entering the NFL Draft as a junior.

He turns 24 years old right before the 2016 season starts in early September.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Next week you will be saying bills will have their eyes on OL. Week after, qb.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
        Next week you will be saying bills will have their eyes on OL. Week after, qb.
        OL in the 3rd round, and a future backup QB to replace Manuel in the 4th sounds about right.

I'm down with that.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

I wouldn't mind him at all but ILB (2) seems like a far bigger need.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Next week I will fwap 5-8 times... 12 tops.

Comment

• USC_Gamecock
              • Sep 2004

Who's the first round target? I've been paying zero attention because I've just been pissed about last season. Starting to get back into it now.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                • Jul 2005

No he is mingo. Rather the dude from
                Boise st

Comment

Working...
                X